Author Topic: Anectdotal witness evidence  (Read 8413 times)

Offline Mr Gray

Re: Anectdotal witness evidence
« Reply #300 on: December 28, 2021, 02:47:33 PM »
Two moderators on this forum racially abused your wife online? are they still moderators?

one is...but seldom posts.

The first and worst offender was removed...but not for the racist comments. He was quite a nasty piece of work. It would have got worse im sure but his wife died suddenly...he never posted again.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2021, 08:38:19 PM by John »

Offline Icanhandlethetruth

« Reply #301 on: December 28, 2021, 02:49:51 PM »
one is...but seldom posts.

The first and worst offender was removed...but not for the racist comments. He was quite a nasty piece of work. It would have got worse im sure but his wife died suddenly...he never posted again.

OK.
By the way you get points and another warning for explaining why you got the first warning.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2021, 08:38:34 PM by John »

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #302 on: December 28, 2021, 03:04:06 PM »
OK.
By the way you get points and another warning for explaining why you got the first warning.

The moderation used to be a lot worse.
I've made an offer to you and all other posters. Stop all sniping and disrespect.. Then we don't need moderators.
Start now

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #303 on: December 28, 2021, 06:24:04 PM »
How can any rational person accept the cadaver dig alerts, as reliable when Grime himself says that a, dog not trained solely on human tissue cannot be considered reliable

Offline Billy Whizz Fan Club

« Reply #304 on: December 28, 2021, 08:24:27 PM »
How can any rational person accept the cadaver dig alerts, as reliable when Grime himself says that a, dog not trained solely on human tissue cannot be considered reliable

With all due respect Dave I believe you are clutching at straws in your attempt to discredit the alerts. There's an old post on here from  someone else trying to discredit the dogs. I forget their name now (I think it may have been "Debunked") but they use a maths formula to attempt to show the percentage of alerts that are wrong (i.e not alerts to cadaver odour or human blood). Off the top of my head they conclude that the dogs are only correct about 4 times out of 10 alerts. So you discount any 60% you like in this case.... and what does that leave us with? Alerts only at items connected with the McCann's. We know that analysis from forensic material collected at some of these sites proved to be "inconclusive" but the fact still remains that it is - even by "Debunked's" formula - the case the some of these alerts were to blood or cadaver odour.

Research in Forensic Science journals puts the accuracy of the alerts above 90% btw.

Offline John

« Reply #305 on: December 28, 2021, 08:40:22 PM »

The difficulty with the dog alerts in the apartment and those in the underground car park is that they happened. They can't all be dismissed as not credible.
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposť of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #306 on: December 28, 2021, 08:49:31 PM »
With all due respect Dave I believe you are clutching at straws in your attempt to discredit the alerts. There's an old post on here from  someone else trying to discredit the dogs. I forget their name now (I think it may have been "Debunked") but they use a maths formula to attempt to show the percentage of alerts that are wrong (i.e not alerts to cadaver odour or human blood). Off the top of my head they conclude that the dogs are only correct about 4 times out of 10 alerts. So you discount any 60% you like in this case.... and what does that leave us with? Alerts only at items connected with the McCann's. We know that analysis from forensic material collected at some of these sites proved to be "inconclusive" but the fact still remains that it is - even by "Debunked's" formula - the case the some of these alerts were to blood or cadaver odour.

Research in Forensic Science journals puts the accuracy of the alerts above 90% btw.

I'm certainly not clutching at straws my analysis is bang on.
It isn't just what I say it's what all the experts say.

You can't take that 90% figure and use it to assess the accuracy of the alerts.. That isn't how it works

The alerts are total trash.. Imo.. Based on all the evidence.
Even Grime admits any dog not trained solely on human dec odour is unreliable.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #307 on: December 28, 2021, 08:53:22 PM »
The difficulty with the dog alerts in the apartment and those in the underground car park is that they happened. They can't all be dismissed as not credible.

They certainly can all be dismissed as not credible.  We all saw Grime repeatedly call Eddie back. 
If it's proved and I'm sure there is proof.. that Maddie did not die in the apartment grime has sime explaining to do

Offline barrier

« Reply #308 on: December 28, 2021, 09:09:20 PM »
They certainly can all be dismissed as not credible.  We all saw Grime repeatedly call Eddie back. 
If it's proved and I'm sure there is proof.. that Maddie did not die in the apartment grime has sime explaining to do

Wolters would have more if there is.

E unum pluribus

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #309 on: December 28, 2021, 09:11:25 PM »

Wolters would have more if there is.

I don't see wolters making the claims he has unless he has the evidence.. Those who think amaral is some kind of saint with detective superpowers don't rate Wolters.. Lol

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #310 on: December 30, 2021, 08:15:28 AM »

Yes, Grime called Eddie back. So what? Who says that's wrong? McCann supporters seem to think it is, but they have no expertise in dog handling imo.
England - good effort

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #311 on: December 30, 2021, 08:32:21 AM »
Yes, Grime called Eddie back. So what? Who says that's wrong? McCann supporters seem to think it is, but they have no expertise in dog handling imo.

I've never said it was wrong...

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #312 on: December 30, 2021, 09:02:29 AM »
I've never said it was wrong...

Why keep on about it then? Imo it's of no significance at all.
England - good effort

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #313 on: December 30, 2021, 09:07:14 AM »
Why keep on about it then? Imo it's of no significance at all.
First you need to get your facts right
Second... It is significant imo

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #314 on: December 30, 2021, 09:57:26 AM »
First you need to get your facts right
Second... It is significant imo

Please explain.
England - good effort