Author Topic: Mathew Oldfield first claimed he did first check after all seated at table  (Read 2232 times)

Offline peter claridge

That the couple Kate and Gerry, Madeleine's parents were already at the restaurant. That they had arrived at the restaurant five minutes before them. The rest of the adults arrived at the restaurant around five minutes after the interviewee and his wife. That the last to arrive at the restaurant was the couple David and Fiona. That the latter arrived at the restaurant at around 21h00.

That around 21h05, the interviewee went to the area of the apartments. Notably to the area near the windows of all the children's bedrooms.

http://www.mccannfiles.com/id261.html#tap3

Redblossom

I don't understand, what is the problem here?

Seems Matt Oldfield went to hurry up the Paynes, met them on the street near the Mccanns apartment,going to the restaraunt and went on to have a quick check around? before returning hmself. having said that, Diane Webster, in her 11 May statement, doesn't remember this and says everyone was at the table when she arrived.*

From his 11 May statement

The deponent added that DP, FP and DW were still not present - and as he could see their apartment lights burning - he resolved to go to them, clarifying that he did not reach that apartment as those people were already on their way to the restaurant. He clarifies [further] that he met them near the living quarters, at the corner next to the main door of the McCann apartment.

Benefiting from meeting them next to the residences, he adds that, on his own initiative, he made a 'listening check' at the bedroom window of MBM and the twins at 21h05. That he limited himself to approach the bedroom window on the outside of the apartment to check if the children were crying or awake.
He adds to have not heard any noise nor perceived anything out of the ordinary. He went on to do the same check at the bedroom windows of his daughter and ROB's daughters.

About 5/10 seconds after the checking he returned to the restaurant seeing that all other group members were already there. They proceeded to order dinner [immediately] after which GM went to his apartment to check his children.

-----

- Asked directly if someone had gone to her apartment to call them (herself and the PAYNE couple) for dinner the witness said no.
- Asked if there was the possibility of having crossed paths with someone during the journey between her apartment and restaurant, the witness said no.
- That night she judges to have arrived at the restaurant close to 21:00, in the company of the PAYNE couple.
- That, at that time, the whole group were at the restaurant. The witness did not recall, but thinks that perhaps Gerald and MATT had not been in the restaurant along with the other members of the group.
- In this regard, asked specifically whether, on the journey to the restaurant, if they had passed either of the two individuals described in the preceding paragraph, she answered categorically not. 

Apologies if that was not what you were asking about.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2013, 10:47:42 PM by Redblossom »

amaraltheofficeboy

Do people really think that the PJ have not examined all the statements and cross referenced them?

Do people really think that the PJ are so bad that they didn't do that?

Do people really think that by examining statements online they are cleverer than the PJ?

Do people not realise what an insult it is to the PJ that online sleuths know better?

Do people realise what fools they make of themselves?

Hatred of the Mccanns and an underlying belief to prove they dunnit - is rubbish.

Offline Faithlilly

Do people really think that the PJ have not examined all the statements and cross referenced them?

Do people really think that by examining statements online they are cleverer than the PJ?

Do people not realise what an insult it is to the PJ that online sleuths know better?

Hatred of the Mccanns and an underlying belief to prove they dunnit - is rubbish.

That aside, care to explain the discrepancy ?
'She ( Kate) did, she brought it up and that she, I mean, this is awful in retrospect as well, she asked what my opinion was on, erm, tut, on whether they were okay leaving the, the doors unlocked, because she was saying 'Is it better that if Madeleine wakes up she can get out and find us or', erm, 'or locking it and, you know, finding that we're not there and the door's locked if she woke up', because Madeleine had woken up, what I thought was the night before. Erm, tut, and it was in that context really, just asking, you know, what I thought. So it was obviously something that was on her mind a bit, huh'.

Redblossom

Since we are talking of discrepancies, and the only reason the Pj wanted to do a reconstruction, to iron them all out, to get a correct timeline to go off, Matt Oldfield in his 10 May statement said when he went to tennis at 6pm on the Thursday for the mens match,Gerry was already there and Kate Mccann and her children were watching it, whilst Gerry and Kate say they both went back to their flat at around 5.40 bathed the kids and Gerry went back out and Kate stayed in

?

The Tapas 9 refused to go iron them out and let another stone be unturned!

So much for that saying.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2013, 10:51:51 PM by Redblossom »

Offline Faithlilly

That aside, care to explain the discrepancy ?

How can anyone except Matt Oldfield adequately explain any alleged discrepancies in his statement?  You Faithlilly however are perfectly able to answer the questions AmaraltheOfficeBoy posed, though I realise you'd probably prefer not to!

So you don't believe it's a discrepancy ?

'She ( Kate) did, she brought it up and that she, I mean, this is awful in retrospect as well, she asked what my opinion was on, erm, tut, on whether they were okay leaving the, the doors unlocked, because she was saying 'Is it better that if Madeleine wakes up she can get out and find us or', erm, 'or locking it and, you know, finding that we're not there and the door's locked if she woke up', because Madeleine had woken up, what I thought was the night before. Erm, tut, and it was in that context really, just asking, you know, what I thought. So it was obviously something that was on her mind a bit, huh'.

Offline peter claridge

Could it be that Mathew and Gerry were absent from the table for reasons other than checking... they must really hate that Smith family.

Offline DCI

• Why are some folks so sick in the head!!!
Quote from: peter claridge link=topic=1385.msg40094#msg 40094 date=1367128085
Could it be that Mathew and Gerry were absent from the table for reasons other than checking... they must really hate that Smith family.

And what would the other reasons be?

Why would the McCanns hate the Smiths?
How childish is that statement. You shouldn't tar everyone with your brush
Kate's 500 Mile Cycle Challenge

https://www.justgiving.com/KateMcCann/

amaraltheofficeboy

I can fully understand the Mccanns hating that Smith family. After all - if the Smiths had gone to the PJ on the 4 May (the day they knew a child had gone missing the night before) to report seeing someone carrying a child - then who knows - the whole investigation may have been different. Instead they waited until they had returned to Ireland.

Redblossom

Martha BIG discrepncies

Offline muratfan

Martha BIG discrepncies

Come on spell them out and provide links please, whilst I go for a Silk Cut

Offline muratfan

Is she... I am now off for a fag