Author Topic: Lies, lies and more dam llies...  (Read 19180 times)

Offline John

Lies, lies and more dam llies...
« on: May 24, 2013, 07:36:07 PM »
They do say that the truth hurts and going by the recent behavior of some posters that would certainly appear to be the case.  One member has just accused the forum of hosting lies so I as senior editor am challenging that person to back up their allegation or withdraw their remark.

I await the proof with interest!
« Last Edit: May 24, 2013, 07:39:40 PM by John »
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

Offline Puffin

Re: Lies, lies and more dam llies...
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2013, 07:40:29 PM »
They do say that the truth hurts and going by the recent behavior of some posters that would certainly appear to be the case.  One member has just accused the forum of hosting lies so I as senior editor am challenging that person to back up their allegation.

Make a pot of coffee or tea, settle down, munch some cookies, you may be in for a long wait.   @)(++(*   >@@(*&)
Truth is the property of no individual but is the treasure of all men.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Offline Puffin

« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2013, 07:51:28 PM »
They do say that the truth hurts and going by the recent behavior of some posters that would certainly appear to be the case.  One member has just accused the forum of hosting lies so I as senior editor am challenging that person to back up their allegation.

Make a pot of coffee or tea, settle down, munch some cookies, you may be in for a long wait.   @)(++(*   >@@(*&)

Not to worry, it is a gorgeous evening so I am off to cut the lawn.   Back later to answer all those lies.
Looking forward to a fun read.  Happy mowing.   8((()*/
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Offline sadie

« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2013, 09:45:36 PM »
Mistakes are mistakes.  But lies are damned lies.  I have seen a few outrageously libellous posts, which were effectively lies ?8)@)-)

But I aint seen any from Admin

Waiting for the sparks to fly .......!

registrar

« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2013, 11:49:36 PM »
I reckon Admin on this site are even handed and circumspect

They may delete one out two of my posts

But that's their prerogative - it's their gig - and the posts are probably carp anyhow

Why they allow notorious disruptors on here? - only they will know

Offline Puffin

« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2013, 07:33:20 AM »

But that's their prerogative - it's their gig - and the posts are probably carp anyhow

As you say, registrar, they are indeed even handed.  I suppose it's that 'free speech'  thing, so-and-so may not agree with me but he/she has the right to state his/her opinion.   Where it falls down is when the insults and bad language start, which then escalates.  Arguing  a point is one thing, insulting someone's integrity, religion, sex etc is not.    I don't do social networking but have read some appalling posts on them, especially on twitter. 

« Last Edit: May 25, 2013, 08:49:43 AM by Puffin »
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Offline John

« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2013, 02:02:45 PM »

As you say, registrar, they are indeed even handed.  I suppose it's that 'free speech'  thing, so-and-so may not agree with me but he/she has the right to state his/her opinion.   Where it falls down is when the insults and bad language start, which then escalates.  Arguing  a point is one thing, insulting someone's integrity, religion, sex etc is not.    I don't do social networking but have read some appalling posts on them, especially on twitter.

My own views aside, everyone is most welcome to post their views on this forum as long as it is done within the rules.  Arguments do sometimes occur which is inevitable in a subject such as this so all any editor or moderator can do is edit or delete posts and warn the offenders that such behaviour is not acceptable.  I must say though that members are well behaved for the most part and usually come back the next day with a fresh perspective.

The members are also to be congratulated for their knowledge and commitment to the search for the truth in the Madeleine McCann case.  I have no doubt that jointly and severally the members are just as well versed if not more than the very police which are tasked with investigating this case.
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

Offline sadie

« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2013, 02:17:14 PM »
Can I add my bit please. 

I am so impressed by the way that members have collected and analysed legal documents.  You know who you are.  Well done all of you.

Can I also say that I admire the way that a number of [ censored word] have fought their battle.  It cant have been easy, because they are in the minority on here. Hopefully in this lull, some of them will read back and re-assess what they previously believed based upon these analyses.

.... rather than the myths that were, and still are, circulating. 

See todays Mail report: http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?topic=1632.0

Offline Carana

« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2013, 03:20:42 PM »

My own views aside, everyone is most welcome to post their views on this forum as long as it is done within the rules.  Arguments do sometimes occur which is inevitable in a subject such as this so all any editor or moderator can do is edit or delete posts and warn the offenders that such behaviour is not acceptable.  I must say though that members are well behaved for the most part and usually come back the next day with a fresh perspective.

The members are also to be congratulated for their knowledge and commitment to the search for the truth in the Madeleine McCann case. I have no doubt that jointly and severally the members are just as well versed if not more than the very police which are tasked with investigating this case.

I really hope that you are wrong, John.

Pointing out that some people insist on repeating media myths from 2007-2008 which have been proven to be manifestly untrue or are at least very dodgy is one thing (and - judging from leaks, would  seem to equate to the initial team's thinking). However, the review is ongoing with presumably much more information than any of us know about.

amaraltheofficeboy

« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2013, 03:30:25 PM »
I have no doubt that jointly and severally the members are just as well versed if not more than the very police which are tasked with investigating this case.

That's a very damning statement.

I can't imagine that forum posters who only have a part of the files that were released can possibly know more than the police that investigated the case.

Or can I?

Offline Mrs. B

« Reply #10 on: May 25, 2013, 03:53:57 PM »
We are not authorised to investigate crimes, as far as I know, none of us are. Discussing known case facts on a forum is a different matter, dispelling myths is to be applauded as there has been far too much of those in this case. But that's where it ends, IMO.

I'm not willing to delude myself into believing that I, or anyone else for that matter, have ALL the facts relating to this case, I certainly don't. Or we risk ending up like the delusional twitterers who think Scotland Yard is hanging on to their every word, relying on their frankly insane "theories" (including everything from dead dogs, non existing volcanoes & cloning) as a means to solve the case. We don't have access to classified information relating to child predators, personal information regarding witnesses involved etc.

Offline Benice

« Reply #11 on: May 25, 2013, 04:01:01 PM »
I have no doubt that jointly and severally the members are just as well versed if not more than the very police which are tasked with investigating this case.

That's a very damning statement.

I can't imagine that forum posters who only have a part of the files that were released can possibly know more than the police that investigated the case.

Or can I?

Unlike us - not only do SY have the complete and professionally translated files, they can also interview witnesses if the need arises.

Although I do think the ability of some of our posters to corroberate their claims with evidence found from within 1000s of pages of statements and files is remarkable.

The notion that innocence prevails over guilt – when there is no evidence to the contrary – is what separates civilization from barbarism.    Unfortunately, there are remains of barbarism among us.    Until very recently, it headed the PJ in Portimão. I hope he was the last one.
                                               Henrique Monteiro, chief editor, Expresso, Portugal

registrar

« Reply #12 on: May 25, 2013, 06:44:22 PM »
I agree with both previous posters

We are Joe/Jill average - some posters may claim to be retired cops/solicitors even forensic scientists - but they've all been flushed out as frauds over time.

But it IS an open debate - both Goncalo Amaral and Kate McCann have published books for commercial gain on the subject.

Neither camp can now complain about Joe/Jill average discussing their written efforts.

They invited the debate.

ferryman

« Reply #13 on: May 25, 2013, 06:59:29 PM »
I think there might be one crucial point missed in what John said (sic)

For instance, there might be bits and pieces I've picked up that Carana may have missed, or vice versa, and individually, the same might be true for each of us.

But if you combine the sum of everything we all know, that (conceivably) might exceed the sum (total) knowledge of the met team, who announced a (comparatively) short time ago that they had assessed only a quarter of the material.

I'm sure they are much further on than that now, but are clearly assimilating everything slowly, thoroughly and methodically.

When they've finished, their sum knowledge will certainly exceed ours.

But that may  not be true yet ...

registrar

« Reply #14 on: May 25, 2013, 07:11:58 PM »
I tend to agree with that

as ordinary commentators - we are allowed flights of fancy - I think of this as a basic, democratic right of expression

perchance those flights might just lead to the heart of the matter

The combined might of PJ/LP and NSY may lead to an absolute result over time

Holding my breath - I shall not be doing

« Last Edit: May 25, 2013, 07:15:39 PM by registrar »