Author Topic: Heribertos take on 'Persons of Interest'.  (Read 36009 times)

Offline Sherlock Holmes

Re: Heribertos take on 'Persons of Interest'.
« Reply #30 on: August 20, 2013, 08:53:29 PM »
You're welcome, Sadie.

I also have faith in Heriberto's scientific approach.

With regard to the minor differences in the rogatory interviews, it would have been many times more suspicious if nine different people, on holiday in unfamiliar surroundings, not looking at their watches as regularly as usual, with a false sense of security being in a resort, going about in dark, poorly-lit streets, and being under the influence of alcohol, had been able subsequently, in a state of trauma and shock, to give absolutely identical accounts.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2013, 09:00:13 PM by Sherlock Holmes »

Offline sadie

« Reply #31 on: August 20, 2013, 10:55:34 PM »
You're welcome, Sadie.

I also have faith in Heriberto's scientific approach.

With regard to the minor differences in the rogatory interviews, it would have been many times more suspicious if nine different people, on holiday in unfamiliar surroundings, not looking at their watches as regularly as usual, with a false sense of security being in a resort, going about in dark, poorly-lit streets, and being under the influence of alcohol, had been able subsequently, in a state of trauma and shock, to give absolutely identical accounts.

Exactly, but withoutsome of these things recollections would never be identical

However, they were NOT under the influence.  Too little alcohol taken with a meal over too long a period, to be under the influence of Alcohol.  You are sounding like Stephen now.

And the streets were not so dark as to affect their memories.

A definition for you.
What is UNDER THE INFLUENCE OF ALCOHOL?
... the term applied to a person who has ingested alcohol to render them incapable of discretion and sound judgement.

Law Dictionary: http://thelawdictionary.org/under-the-influence-of-alcohol/#ixzz2cY3ze0tE

No way were they in that state

Offline Sherlock Holmes

« Reply #32 on: August 20, 2013, 11:13:12 PM »
Exactly, but withoutsome of these things recollections would never be identical

However, they were NOT under the influence.  Too little alcohol taken with a meal over too long a period, to be under the influence of Alcohol.  You are sounding like Stephen now.

And the streets were not so dark as to affect their memories.

A definition for you.
What is UNDER THE INFLUENCE OF ALCOHOL?
... the term applied to a person who has ingested alcohol to render them incapable of discretion and sound judgement.

Law Dictionary: http://thelawdictionary.org/under-the-influence-of-alcohol/#ixzz2cY3ze0tE

No way were they in that state

I agree, Sadie, even without some of these conditions, the accounts would still differ. Under normal circumstances, no two people will give identical reports - and here we have nine people giving very similar accounts. I'm surprised the cynics haven't jumped all over this one.

Just for the record, I was not meaning to imply that the amount of alcohol they consumed was all that significant. Sometimes even a small amount can affect a person's perceptions, and I was speaking more of the individual differences in their perceptions, rather than their ability to make sound judgments, as he legal definition goes. But thanks for the clarification.

AnneGuedes

« Reply #33 on: August 20, 2013, 11:22:04 PM »
I'm surprised the cynics haven't jumped all over this one.

The cynics ?