Disappeared and Abducted Children and Young Adults > Madeleine McCann (3) disappeared from her parent's holiday apartment at Ocean Club, Praia da Luz, Portugal on 3 May 2007. No trace of her has ever been found.

The Sergei Malinka connection with Robert Murat and the case

<< < (2/16) > >>

Admin:
The Portuguese Police established the contacts after going through the mobile phone records.

From Malinka's statement of 16 May 2007.

"Regarding the day 3 May he said that he did not meet, nor spoke with Robert."

later followed on the same statement by...

"With regard to the telephone contact he received on 03 May 07, at 23:30, made by ROBERT, he affirms that he does not recall having received such a call, but if this actually happened, it will have been to arrange a meeting with the same, for professional reasons.
He affirms he is not protecting ROBERT and never to have had the intention to take any kind of responsibility for him, including the activities undertaken for him on the computer.
He does not know any thing that can contribute to [finding the] the location of the girl, or for any another kind of explanation of the events under investigation."

http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/SERGEY-MALINKA.htm#p6p1459

sadie:
I dont remember who it was that was in telephone contact, but I seem to remember reading somewhere that Malinka had a telephone conversation with someone on a boat moored at nearby Lagos.... and I think it was in the evening, but am not sure about the time at all.

John:
It was claimed that Sergey Malinka was employed as a trip organizer by the Corlett Lines Company who owned the yacht "Naomi Corlett".  It was also claimed that this was the yacht which left Portimao in the early afternoon hours of 3rd May 2007 and headed towards the Marina in Lagos to be positioned near Praia da Luz.  None of this was ever verified by the PJ.

Further speculation included the claim that Sergei Malinka was an organizer of expeditions to remote islands off the coast of Africa on behalf of the Corlett Lines Company, and was also involved in offering boat trips in the Mediterranean and to the North of Africa.

It is claimed on one website that mobile phone records exist which show that early in the afternoon of the day that Madeleine disappeared that Malinka's phone was used to contact a woman described as his wife supposedly aboard this same yacht.  I have yet to see independent verification of this.

John:
As Luz has already pointed out in another thread, the PJ were unable to connect Malinka to any wrongdoing.  They searched his apartment on several occasions and even listened in on his telephone conversations which are available as part of the PJ files.

See pages 1668 to 1708 here >  http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/PAGE_ORDER.htm

Carana:

--- Quote from: John on August 10, 2013, 08:27:15 PM ---It was claimed that Sergey Malinka was employed as a trip organizer by the Corlett Lines Company who owned the yacht "Naomi Corlett".  It was also claimed that this was the yacht which left Portimao in the early afternoon hours of 3rd May 2007 and headed towards the Marina in Lagos to be positioned near Praia da Luz.  None of this was ever verified by the PJ.

Further speculation included the claim that Sergei Malinka was an organizer of expeditions to remote islands off the coast of Africa on behalf of the Corlett Lines Company, and was also involved in offering boat trips in the Mediterranean and to the North of Africa.

It is claimed on one website that mobile phone records exist which show that early in the afternoon of the day that Madeleine disappeared that Malinka's phone was used to contact a woman described as his wife supposedly aboard this same yacht.  I have yet to see independent verification of this.

--- End quote ---

John, do you know where this originated? You've posted it as if it were established fact but as far as I'm aware, the only snippet that is true is that Corlett Lines do have a boat called the Naomi Corlett that is rented out for expeditions.

- Malinka was running a busy IT business designing websites and repairing computers.

Correction: it seems he was involved with an outfit called Island Expeditions at some point. Whether it was active or not at the time of the disappearance, he still could not have been phoning his "wife" on the Naomi Corlett.

Some conspiracy theorist called Michael Shrimpton produced a long, rambling document interspersing the activities of historical secret services with a few basic facts about Madeliene's disappearance and added a large dose of imagination. In it are mentions of various boats, including the Naomi Corlett.

- Naomi Corlett is not in the long list of boats that were checked out by the PJ.
http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/BOATS.htm

When Shrimpton's report was leaked (quite probably accidentally on purpose), Special Branch in Gibralter checked if there was any truth in any of it.

Apensos V, Vol 5, Page 987

Page 987 (Page 1 of 1)

Newton Martin
Subject : FW : Operation Task

________________Original Message________________
To : task@leicestershire.pnn.police.uk
Sent : Thursday, May 17th, 2007 4.41 p.m.
Subject : Operation Task

Good afternoon Martin,

The Royal Gibraltar Police have conducted enquiries in relation to three vessels that Mr Shrimpton claimed that Maddie may be on. I understand that you may have records of these. They are (1) Panic 2 or Panic Too, (2) Stentor, and (3) Naomi. There is no trace that of any of these vessels having recently arrived in Gibraltar, but in the mean time we have flagged them i the event that they do.

Good luck with your enquiries.

Best regards,

Richard Ullger

Special Branch
Royal Gibraltar Police
New Mole House Police Station
Rosia Road
Gibraltar

As everyone was intrigued at the time, a poster who has/had a blog/forum for missing children (ETA: called FindMadeleine), contacted Martin Corlett to see if any of it was true.

As I see that Tezza has posted it in public in the comment section of a blog that was rehashing this conspiracy myth, I'll allow myself to post it here.

The reality is that at time of Madeleine's disappearance, the Naomi Corlett had been off the coast of Africa for two years.

So it seems somewhat unlikely that Malinka could have been phoning his wife (he wasn't married to his girlfriend as far as I know) on that boat in Lagos that night.

Tezza said...
That document is a fake and keeps resurfacing.
Let me assure you all that I went to extreme lengths in order to prove that this document was a fake.
I wrote direct to Martin Corlett, the owner of the company that owns the Naomi Corlett ship mentioned in the document.

I actually had to go 'undercover' and pose as somebody who was interested in working on an expedition. I was even offered a position onboard the ship. (I did not accept the position by the way ) This is the very interesting reply that Mr. Corlett sent me back in June of last year.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hallo Steve,
The "blog" that is presently on the internet originates from the fact that we live near Praia da Luz, my daughter is the press correspondence and translator for Sky News, and also is the mother of my grand-daughter Naomi Corlett.
When we first discovered this ridiculous association with this unfortunate mystery, we contacted our lawyers, who immediately had the Daily Mail remove the "blogs" from their notice board; however the lunatic that has come up with this present theory is untrackable, he is apparently well known in the journalist's world, and considered a "crackpot", I talked with our lawyers once again over this situation and they explained that to trace this "lunatic theorists" would cost considerable money, and result in nothing, they advised that eventually it would disappear.
At the time of the unfortunate mystery (as we who are conversant with the case refer to it) the R/S. Naomi Corlett had been in Africa for two years, and was at the very time of the "disapearance" the ship was at the use of the President of The Gambia and an American diving syndicate. The article would only be of interest to people with no logic or common sense, the logistics involved plus the costs involved are extremely high, a ship of this size costs in the region of 2,000 per day to operate. However, back to the real world; I can create a position for a project manager for expeditions, we have the ships, equipment and accommadtion in places that no one can access, we want to carry out studies in marine biology / archeology, and bio-diversity, we are going to re-build the forteleza that we own and organise an archeological dig in the grounds, and last but not least we are going to 'retrace' the slave run from the whole of the West African coast to Brazil, the Caribbean, the US and Europe; if you have any colleages interested in this position, feel free to inform or contact.

Best regards

Martin Frank Corlett

http://rosaleen-thewhistler.blogspot.ch/2009/06/fate-of-madeleine-document-removed.html

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version