Author Topic: Gerry McCann is doing the Virgin London Triathlon to raise money for the Missing Persons Charity.  (Read 49572 times)

Offline Angelo222

I took it, Sadie, that the poster was making an implied point about the reaction of the public to the McCanns. Its a shame when posters cannot spit out what they really mean and dress it up in that way but...

As a matter of fact I am interested in the comment about the CAB though for other reasons and would like to see the evidence of the employment of murderers. I have asked for such evidence and look forward to seeing it.

The poster is referring to the joint enterprise killer of Kenneth Rothwell whom the CAB in London decided in their wisdom to employ and this after he was previously employed by another branch in the Midlands.
De troothe has the annoying habit of coming to the surface just when you least expect it!!

Je ne regrette rien!!

Offline faithlilly

In all the time I have been posting on forums I have rarely seen such a silly response.

It is perfectly clear that you cannot explain why you called that question 'silly' and instead have had to make this stupid reference to lawyers who you have not actually consulted. I am appalled that you should treat the matter so childishly.

The issue in this thread is triathlon and the charitable donations not the questions.

Why call a question 'silly' when you know it is not silly? You really have shown yourself up.

And I am appalled that you can bring yourself to support such fame hungry, neglectful parents. Still I guess we'll both just have to live with our disappointment.
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Offline gilet

And I am appalled that you can bring yourself to support such fame hungry, neglectful parents. Still I guess we'll both just have to live with our disappointment.

So you can't answer the question I posed as to why you declared a perfectly sensible question "silly"? And to try to cover that with a lie. You very childishly lied about consulting lawyers on a Sunday lunchtime.

And then you go to make claims about the McCanns which you cannot justify in any way at all, that they are "fame hungry, neglectful parents". Personally I would understand if they saw that as pure libel.

The real disappointment here will be from readers who can see your lie to cover your inability to answer a simple question and your potential libel of the McCanns.

It is wholly unjustified to label them as "fame hungry" when you provide no clear evidence for that.  It is equally likely that their reasons for taking on the role as fund raiser/ambassador for this charity is as I laid out in a previous post. Neither you nor I know for certain which it is. But your preference for the nasty, spiteful option is clear and your stating it as fact is simply libelous unless you have proof.

And it is even worse to label them as "neglectful parents" when all you can cite for that is the admitted error of judgement in leaving the children in the apartment with a checking regime exactly as found in many holiday locations. It is clearly libelous to call parents neglectful now when there is no ongoing proof of that.

« Last Edit: July 28, 2013, 01:08:08 PM by gilet »

Offline sadie

The poster is referring to the joint enterprise killer of Kenneth Rothwell whom the CAB in London decided in their wisdom to employ and this after he was previously employed by another branch in the Midlands.

Thank you Angelo ... and also thank you gilet

Offline gilet

The poster used the plural. Are you suggesting she was exaggerating and there is only one known example?

Also, is it automatically wrong to employ murderers? Are they never to be employed once leaving prison?

I am not sure what the point is.

I can see that in certain roles, those who have previously committed crimes and are deemed no longer to be a threat could be an asset for their understanding of the prison system for example. I would expect that the CAB has a certain number of clients who are either awaiting trial, sentence or are ex-offenders as well as family members of such people who might benefit from genuine first-hand knowledge of the system.

I would not condone the employment of certain classes of offender in all roles in society but would never deny the possibility of employment to every ex-offender.

To return to the topic of this thread though, it should be remembered that the McCanns are as yet entirely innocent of any crime and as I have pointed out they may be welcomed by the Missing People Charity simply because they are the best known parents of a missing child and can therefore bring the most publicity and money to the cause. And as with someone who was a convicted murderer has shown, Leslie Grantham, it is possible for the public to see beyond the surface.

Offline faithlilly

The poster used the plural. Are you suggesting she was exaggerating and there is only one known example?

Also, is it automatically wrong to employ murderers? Are they never to be employed once leaving prison?

I am not sure what the point is.

I can see that in certain roles, those who have previously committed crimes and are deemed no longer to be a threat could be an asset for their understanding of the prison system for example. I would expect that the CAB has a certain number of clients who are either awaiting trial, sentence or are ex-offenders as well as family members of such people who might benefit from genuine first-hand knowledge of the system.

I would not condone the employment of certain classes of offender in all roles in society but would never deny the possibility of employment to every ex-offender.

To return to the topic of this thread though, it should be remembered that the McCanns are as yet entirely innocent of any crime and as I have pointed out they may be welcomed by the Missing People Charity simply because they are the best known parents of a missing child and can therefore bring the most publicity and money to the cause. And as with someone who was a convicted murderer has shown, Leslie Grantham, it is possible for the public to see beyond the surface.

They are also parents who knowingly left their children in an unsecured apartment for considerable lengths of time, behaviour which resulted in the disappearance of their firstborn.  Does their profile really blind MP to that reality ?
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Rachel Granada

They are also parents who knowingly left their children in an unsecured apartment for considerable lengths of time, behaviour which resulted in the disappearance of their firstborn.  Does their profile really blind MP to that reality ?

Do you think that people who stayed at Pontins and used the service where a nanny would cycle round listening for crying, should be done for child neglect Faith?

Offline gilet

Off topic. Please see the thread I opened about this subject.

Offline faithlilly

Do you think that people who stayed at Pontins and used the service where a nanny would cycle round listening for crying, should be done for child neglect Faith?

While not ideal they were in a closed complex and the accommodation was secured before the parents left. The McCanns left their vulnerable children in an unsecured apartment on a public road, allowing easy access for any Tom, Dick or Harry. That is the difference.

Offline gilet

Gerry McCann Triathlon Result

Swimming 00:26:37
Transition 00:03:33   
Cycle Race 01:09:52   
Transition 00:03:00   
Running 00:43:50   

Time 02:26:50   

Current Position (of more than 3500 competitors) 262

His final position will probably change significantly as there are still large numbers of competitors who started at staggered times long after him to post results.

Well done Gerry. Your family, sponsors and all those genuinely interested in the Missing People Charity and the worthwhile cause it promotes will be very proud of you!

Offline DCI

• Why are some folks so sick in the head!!!

His final position will probably change significantly as there are still large numbers of competitors who started at staggered times long after him to post results.

Well done Gerry. Your family, sponsors and all those genuinely interested in the Missing People Charity and the worthwhile cause it promotes will be very proud of you!

Excellent result. I'm sure Missing People Charity, appreciate the donations  8@??)( 8@??)( 8@??)(
Kate's 500 Mile Cycle Challenge

https://www.justgiving.com/KateMcCann/

Rachel Granada

Way to go Gerry!  A big well done to all the participants - a lot of money has been raised for charity this weekend.

Offline faithlilly

But at least those that aren't can comfort themselves with the knowledge that their efforts in life, while not as athletically attuned as Gerry's, have at least helped them keep safe all their children.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2013, 03:58:05 PM by Faithlilly »

Offline sadie

8@??)( 8@??)( 8@??)( What an acheivement.  Well done Gerry.

Offline gilet

But at least those that aren't can comfort themselves with the knowledge that their efforts in life, while not as athletically attuned as Gerry's, have at least helped them keep safe all their children.
I consider that post proves my point in the neglect thread that your posts are simply demonstrating pure vindictiveness and spite. There is no other reason I can think of that anyone would make such a snide remark about such an effort and result.

If there is any other reason please do enlighten us.

When people post that about someone who has had a child go missing then they really are showing that they have very hard hearts indeed. But I have to say having read your contribution here over the months the post does not come as a shock. It is standard fare really isn't it?