Goncalo Amaral is simply a dishonourable man, although I am not sure if I have an obsession with that. Although I suppose that I might have. I don't like bent coppers of any nationality.
Trust me you do, which is your wont but it has nothing to do with this thread so no idea why you keep mentioning it.
You obviously did not follow the requests for the return of The McCann friends. It was very rude, to say the least. You might think that The PJ would have been a bit more careful if that is what The PJ actually wanted, which I suspect they didn't.
No i have read this whole area very closely, only recently again, and there was not no rudeness that i can say.
Frustration at a reminder of the nature of the request under the Portuguese Penal code, which was only natural given the spurious reasons for non attendance which were rendered utterly unfounded when the Pj agreed to have lawyers LP and the FO all in attendance.
But the fact remains that there was no legal obligations. And it would have done nothing to find Madeleine. That was the crux of the matter.
It would have kept the investigation open into Madeliene's disappearance which is better for finding her than the case being shelved.
If as you no doubt believe the friends had no case to asnwer and everything was above aboard, and with the protection they would have had in attendance, surely the reconstruction would have removed all doubt about the parents and their friends and forced the PJ, under Rebelo, to pursue the abduction theory.
So actually, it would have had everything to do with finding Madeline.
Unless of course the parents or the group didn't want to reconstruct the "lies" (according to the Menezes in Lisbon under oath) that were in the statement.
That should make you ask "why".