Author Topic: Latest news on the search for Madeleine McCann  (Read 677389 times)

Offline sadie

Re: Latest news on the search for Madeleine McCann
« Reply #4470 on: June 05, 2019, 05:41:41 PM »
More money for Operation Grange

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/madeleine-mccann-investigation-police-funding-home-office-year-a8945706.html
Fabulous news.

Thank you jassi

I think that a new thread would be in order for this, but can't get any of the reports from 'Newsnow Madeleine McCann' to open properly.  Can anyone manage that please and post the news up as a new topic?  TY

Offline Miss Taken Identity

« Reply #4471 on: June 10, 2019, 04:50:50 PM »
I wondered what that gnashing sound was.  Now I know it was the sound of thousands of sceptics chewing on the carpet in rage and despair.  @)(++(*.

No, that gnashing sound was probably people who are real victims of crimes commited in this country, who do not want their hard earned cash wasted on parents who couldn't be bothered with their children at  evening meal times in another country. I am surprised the PJ even allowed them to interfere/investigate. Naming people who MAY be is a gross miscarriage of justice IMO. They could not possibly get a fair trial. and where would this trial take place? yes the poor portuguese will have to cough up and pay for all that...
'Never underestimate the power of stupid people'... George Carlin

Online Eleanor

« Reply #4472 on: June 10, 2019, 05:00:21 PM »
No, that gnashing sound was probably people who are real victims of crimes commited in this country, who do not want their hard earned cash wasted on parents who couldn't be bothered with their children at  evening meal times in another country. I am surprised the PJ even allowed them to interfere/investigate. Naming people who MAY be is a gross miscarriage of justice IMO. They could not possibly get a fair trial. and where would this trial take place? yes the poor portuguese will have to cough up and pay for all that...

It is a Portuguese Case you know, as some are so fond of reminding us.  But they aren't very good at it, so Scotland Yard is helping them out in the recovery of a British Citizen abducted abroad.

Who knows what nationality the abductor has.  Crimes are prosecuted in the country in which they happen.  This is quite normal.

Offline barrier

« Reply #4473 on: June 10, 2019, 05:33:09 PM »
It is a Portuguese Case you know, as some are so fond of reminding us.  But they aren't very good at it, so Scotland Yard is helping them out in the recovery of a British Citizen abducted abroad.

Who knows what nationality the abductor has.  Crimes are prosecuted in the country in which they happen.  This is quite normal.

Is that opinion or true,guess you being mod an all it must be true,it which case cite for definitely confirmed as an abduction please.
I'm not worried about anything,I'm not fearing any man.

Offline Vertigo Swirl

« Reply #4474 on: June 10, 2019, 05:57:11 PM »
You think the money is being spent on the parents??  What a strange idea.  *%87
"The answer is that no-one here believes the parents were directly involved in MM's disappearance" - G-Unit.

Online Eleanor

« Reply #4475 on: June 10, 2019, 06:01:09 PM »
Is that opinion or true,guess you being mod an all it must be true,it which case cite for definitely confirmed as an abduction please.

Please don't be too silly.

Offline Miss Taken Identity

« Reply #4476 on: June 10, 2019, 09:39:00 PM »

Yes SY are very good at it.  Any minute now  even as we type...they have suspects 13 I believe last count.

Great move forward I agree- if it were true and the suspects were not just names handed over to keep the abductor theory in the loop.

ah well, never mind SY are the best of the best...(Giggles)
'Never underestimate the power of stupid people'... George Carlin

Offline John

« Reply #4477 on: June 11, 2019, 09:40:42 AM »
WARNING!

Some of the language that has been used recently towards members and moderators is totally unacceptable and has resulted in at least one temporary ban. Regular posters are very well aware of the forum rules so I shouldn't need to have to keep reminding of them. Everyone is entitled to voice their opinion here but it must be done respectfully, there can be no exceptions.

A challenge, let's try and get through today without the need for any moderation. TY   
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. John Lamberton exposes malfeasance by public officials.
Check out my website >   http://johnlamberton.webs.com/index.htm?no_redirect=true     The truth never changes with the passage of time.

Offline ShiningInLuz

« Reply #4478 on: June 24, 2019, 04:13:12 PM »
This one might seem a bit of a stretch at first, but think it through.

A seemingly respected army officer, Nikos Metaxas, was sentenced to 7 terms of life imprisonment for abducting and killing 5 foreign women, plus two children.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-48744157
Ooh, a snowflake!

Offline Vertigo Swirl

« Reply #4479 on: June 24, 2019, 04:44:19 PM »
This one might seem a bit of a stretch at first, but think it through.

A seemingly respected army officer, Nikos Metaxas, was sentenced to 7 terms of life imprisonment for abducting and killing 5 foreign women, plus two children.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-48744157
I've thought it through and cannot see how this news article pertains in any way to the latest news on the search for Madeleine McCann.  Perhaps you could explain?
"The answer is that no-one here believes the parents were directly involved in MM's disappearance" - G-Unit.

Offline John

« Reply #4480 on: July 01, 2019, 11:17:52 AM »
Moderation

I have this morning instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease. Posters who continue to flaunt the rules despite this warning will be subject to a ban without further notice.
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. John Lamberton exposes malfeasance by public officials.
Check out my website >   http://johnlamberton.webs.com/index.htm?no_redirect=true     The truth never changes with the passage of time.