Author Topic: Latest news on the search for Madeleine McCann  (Read 1352896 times)

Offline John

Re: Latest news on the search for Madeleine McCann
« Reply #885 on: January 04, 2014, 03:49:45 PM »
Are you suggesting that Malenka is part of some criminal gang?

I suggest you Google him.  Hint...  he has several aliases.
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

Offline jassi

« Reply #886 on: January 04, 2014, 03:50:14 PM »
im aware that comments are moderated..i was responding to this piece of disinformation from Jassi...

None of the information is attributed to Redwood or his team, so may be the same sort of guff usually pedaled by the Express.
Few of the comments seem supportive of the McCanns.

The arrows are not moderated and they are supportive of the McCanns

It is not disinformation, though I accept that the comments are not really about the McCanns, but rather  SY's pursuit of a gang of burglars.
There is no attribution regarding the source of this information - unless you can show  one.
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #887 on: January 04, 2014, 04:08:50 PM »
It is not disinformation, though I accept that the comments are not really about the McCanns, but rather  SY's pursuit of a gang of burglars.
There is no attribution regarding the source of this information - unless you can show  one.

your comment was extremely misleading which I think you have admitted

Offline Carana

« Reply #888 on: January 04, 2014, 05:31:27 PM »
I suggest you Google him.  Hint...  he has several aliases.

From what I remember of that musical chair thread, aliases were not proven.

Offline Sherlock Holmes

« Reply #889 on: January 04, 2014, 06:58:01 PM »
Ahh the 'friends in high places' claim.   Sorry but a total myth as far as I am concerned.

There is nothing to stop anyone lobbying their MP, or starting a campaign or getting up a petition to have the service made illegal if they feel so strongly about it - whereas  bashing the McCanns wont make a scrap of difference to anything IMO.   

OOps I think we're wandering off topic- so won't post again.

This claim always fascinated me as well, Benice. (Why is it off topic? We are talking about how things are presented in the news).

What evidence is there that the McCanns ever moved in elite circles? Both have educated themselves to a high level, but come essentially from very ordinary families. This is one of the things they have in common as a couple.

Their influential associates only appeared in their lives because of the disappearance of their daughter.

Offline jassi

« Reply #890 on: January 04, 2014, 07:02:35 PM »
This claim always fascinated me as well, Benice. (Why is it off topic? We are talking about how things are presented in the news).

What evidence is there that the McCanns ever moved in elite circles? Both have educated themselves to a high level, but come essentially from very ordinary families. This is one of the things they have in common as a couple.

Their influential associates only appeared in their lives because of the disappearance of their daughter.

Did I say otherwise ? I was, of course, referring to Mr Cameron and Mrs May when talking about those who could change things.
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline Sherlock Holmes

« Reply #891 on: January 04, 2014, 07:42:34 PM »
Did I say otherwise ? I was, of course, referring to Mr Cameron and Mrs May when talking about those who could change things.

Yes, thanks for the clarification, jassi.

I was really referring in general, however - as I think was Benice - to the fact that the McCanns are portrayed in certain quarters as some kind of 'elite' couple who have received help from the government and others where a working class couple would not.

Personally I think this is quite a false portrayal of the situation. Provincial doctors are not 'elite' people for whom  the prime minister is available at the other end of a phone.

The McCanns have achieved a great deal though the quality of persistence but that is something different.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2014, 07:45:43 PM by Sherlock Holmes »

Offline Benice

« Reply #892 on: January 04, 2014, 08:17:25 PM »
"I'm at a loss to understand why you so resolutely appear to want to ignore those facts and want to continue to paint them as totally unrepentent and failing to admit any responsibility or fault. "  Because they have not acknowledged that leaving three under fours alone in the first place was wrong - indeed Kate said recently "we did nothing wrong".   As John has said, "it would be nice to hear them state in simple language once in a while that they were at fault. Instead, all we get are excuses and platitudes to the effect that they did nothing wrong."

Re the baby listening service - I have already made it clear that I do not know the present attitude of Social Services towards this, so there is no point in constantly addressing the same question to me.  As I and others have also already said, there is a difference from the situation the McCanns were in, in that hotels, or those I have recently stayed in, are usually self-contained buildings with a reception etc, not independent flats open to the street.

As to how I spend my time, I will determine that for myself, and trying to avoid the abuse, including neglect of children comes first for me - children left alone in unprotected situations, including hotel rooms if that is the case, comes under all that.  Nor do I "vilify" the McCanns - if anything I vilify their actions and indeed the actions of any parents which puts their children at risk.   

IMO their claim that THEY did nothing wrong was said in the context of the abductor being the one who is the criminal  - and not them. They made a human error - it was the abductor who committed an unspeakable crime.     IMO  To hear some people talk - you would think it was the other way round.

For the third (and last) time - I quote below from Kate's book.   If you really see that as proof of their refusal to acknowledge their guilt and that they considered themselves to be faultless  - then please point out where they say that.     IMO They are clearly admitting what happened was because of fault on their part,  and that they were not there for their daughter when they should have been,  and the guilt they now feel because of their actions will never leave them.    It is also recorded elsewhere that they admitted 'We've let her down'.

To claim they have never taken any responsiblity for their part in this tragedy is grossly unfair IMO - and clearly untrue.

.......however unwittingly we'd given this predator an opportunity.. We had not been there for Madeleine. And, as I've said before and will say again, our guilt over that is a heavv cross we will bear for the rest of our lives.
Page 202
End quote

The notion that innocence prevails over guilt – when there is no evidence to the contrary – is what separates civilization from barbarism.    Unfortunately, there are remains of barbarism among us.    Until very recently, it headed the PJ in Portimão. I hope he was the last one.
                                               Henrique Monteiro, chief editor, Expresso, Portugal

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #893 on: January 04, 2014, 08:19:37 PM »
IMO their claim that THEY did nothing wrong was said in the context of the abductor being the one who is the criminal  - and not them. They made a human error - it was the abductor who committed an unspeakable crime.     IMO  To hear some people talk - you would think it was the other way round.

For the third (and last) time - I quote below from Kate's book.   If you really see that as proof of their refusal to acknowledge their guilt and that they considered themselves to be faultless  - then please point out where they say that.     IMO They are clearly admitting what happened was because of fault on their part,  and that they were not there for their daughter when they should have been,  and the guilt they now feel because of their actions will never leave them.    It is also recorded elsewhere that they admitted 'We've let her down'.

To claim they have never taken any responsiblity for their part in this tragedy is grossly unfair IMO - and clearly untrue.

.......however unwittingly we'd given this predator an opportunity.. We had not been there for Madeleine. And, as I've said before and will say again, our guilt over that is a heavv cross we will bear for the rest of our lives.
Page 202
End quote

yes but they aren't doing it every day and everytime they appear on tv

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #894 on: January 04, 2014, 08:21:58 PM »

Page 202
End quote

IMO their claim that THEY did nothing wrong was said in the context of the non existant abductor being the one who is the criminal  - and not them. They made a human error - it was they & not a fairytale abductor who committed an unspeakable crime.   
I stand with Putin. Glory to Mother Putin.

Offline Benice

« Reply #895 on: January 04, 2014, 08:24:40 PM »
yes but they aren't doing it every day and everytime they appear on tv

Quite - and wearing hair shirts while they do it.
The notion that innocence prevails over guilt – when there is no evidence to the contrary – is what separates civilization from barbarism.    Unfortunately, there are remains of barbarism among us.    Until very recently, it headed the PJ in Portimão. I hope he was the last one.
                                               Henrique Monteiro, chief editor, Expresso, Portugal

CPN

« Reply #896 on: January 04, 2014, 08:43:11 PM »

Page 202
End quote

I also am not going to answer this again because I have said it so many times; it is boring for others, and to be honest, also boring for me.

I have heard them say they feel guilty for not being there when Madeleine was taken; I have not heard them say that leaving the children alone in the first place was wrong.  These are different.  I have felt bad when I was not there, at times for my son - I am sorry I was not there when another boy decided to hit him at school.  But I was not meant to be there - he was at school, it was the school's responsibility.  It was the McCann's responsibility to be there for their children when they were so young.  If they had been there in the first place any "predator" would not have had an opportunity (if matters happened as we are led to believe)

For the third and last time, any abductor, if he/she existed was obviously in the wrong.  However, as far as I am concerned, the parents were in the wrong to leave such young children out of sight and hearing in the first place (and not a mistake, a deliberate choice, night after night, even when they knew the children had been upset).  It is possible for them both to be in the wrong.

drummer

« Reply #897 on: January 04, 2014, 09:08:45 PM »
Being wrong about your childcare arrangements does not give a dirty s..mbag the right to enter a property where your children are sleeping and remove one.

Offline pegasus

« Reply #898 on: January 04, 2014, 09:09:12 PM »
Was the Daily Mail given an exclusive on this story?
Do PR firms sometimes give an exclusive on condition that the provided wording ("bungling" etc) is used?

CPN

« Reply #899 on: January 04, 2014, 09:39:19 PM »
Being wrong about your childcare arrangements does not give a dirty s..mbag the right to enter a property where your children are sleeping and remove one.

I did not say it did