Author Topic: Wandering Off Topic  (Read 419407 times)

Davel and 15 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline Lace

Re: Wandering Off Topic
« Reply #7695 on: February 17, 2020, 07:26:33 PM »
I believe investigating an abduction that didn't happen is a massive waste of tax payers money.

12 million squid could have filled a lot of pot holes. Much more worth while imo.

it's a drop in the ocean to find a missing child.

Offline Lace

« Reply #7696 on: February 17, 2020, 07:28:21 PM »
I think Spamage was referring to the depleted resources available to Operation Grange.

Well it's obvious in the beginning they needed more officers to go through the whole investigation by the PJ.  All the sightings etc.  Now they have narrowed it down.

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #7697 on: February 17, 2020, 07:38:33 PM »

it's a drop in the ocean to find a missing child.

What's so bleedin special about Maddie?

Why isn't the same amount being spent on the search for Ben Needham for example?

And what's so special about missing children?

Why isn't the same amount being spent on the search for Suzy Lamplugh, Mary Flanagan, Claudia Lawrence, Lord Lucan or Shergar?
"I bet the parents dunnit" (Me)

Offline The General

« Reply #7698 on: February 17, 2020, 07:39:06 PM »
Well it's obvious in the beginning they needed more officers to go through the whole investigation by the PJ.  All the sightings etc.  Now they have narrowed it down.
Narrowed it down? They're barely keeping the lights on.
They've downscaled due to budget constraints. They ran out of toner for the fax machine last month, ffs.*

*they probably didn't run out of toner.
Most Deleted Posts 2019
Most Moderated Member 2019
Most Moderated Member 2020
On Perpetual Mod Watch

Offline Lace

« Reply #7699 on: February 17, 2020, 07:51:22 PM »

Why isn't the same amount being spent on the search for Ben Needham for example?

Why isn't the same amount being spent on the search for Suzy Lamplugh, Mary Flanagan, Claudia Lawrence, Lord Lucan or Shergar?

Are there any leads for them to investigate Ben.  I don't think there is.

Suzy Lamplugh and Claudia Lawrence haven't been forgotten,  they investigate if new leads arise.

Don't know Mary Flanagan.  Lord Lucas has just been in the news again,  [brother?  I'm not sure]  of woman murdered has said he knows where he is.

Offline The General

« Reply #7700 on: February 17, 2020, 08:06:33 PM »
Are there any leads for them to investigate Ben.  I don't think there is.

Suzy Lamplugh and Claudia Lawrence haven't been forgotten,  they investigate if new leads arise.

Don't know Mary Flanagan.  Lord Lucas has just been in the news again,  [brother?  I'm not sure]  of woman murdered has said he knows where he is.
When the police numbers per head are at their lowest in London for 20 years and the crime rate at its highest in over a decade - maybe, I don't know, priorities?
It's like old runaway train morality test. Depends on how utilitarian you are.
Most Deleted Posts 2019
Most Moderated Member 2019
Most Moderated Member 2020
On Perpetual Mod Watch

Offline Vertigo Swirl

« Reply #7701 on: February 17, 2020, 08:33:08 PM »

She’s kept you entertained for 13 years.
"The answer is that no-one here believes the parents were directly involved in MM's disappearance" - G-Unit.

Online ShiningInLuz

« Reply #7702 on: Today at 02:28:13 PM »
Cue another slew of 'this has nothing to do with Madeleine McCann' and 'another stick to beat K&G with'.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-latin-america-51558600

7 year old Fátima Aldrighett was murdered in Mexico City recently.  Her body was found 4 days after she disappeared.

A woman thought to be between 42 and 45 walked her away from her school, an act which was seen on CCTV.  Fátima had been waiting outside her school to be picked up by her mother, but her mother was running late due to Mexico City traffic jams.

The relevant bits are these, just to get supporters up to speed.

The family has piled in, saying the police response was too slow, and that protocols were not followed.

Feminists have piled in, stating that femicide must stop.  This despite the fact that in this case police are hunting for a female.

Police offered £83,000 for the identification of the female who walked off with Fátima.  To date, AFAIK, there has been no reward offered for the mere identification of Smithman.  It's a measly £20k for a successful prosecution.

8((()*/     
Ooh, a snowflake!

Offline Vertigo Swirl

« Reply #7703 on: Today at 03:09:29 PM »
It’s almost as if you’re using the murders of children to bait McCann supporters.
"The answer is that no-one here believes the parents were directly involved in MM's disappearance" - G-Unit.

Online Davel

« Reply #7704 on: Today at 03:35:31 PM »
Cue another slew of 'this has nothing to do with Madeleine McCann' and 'another stick to beat K&G with'.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-latin-america-51558600

7 year old Fátima Aldrighett was murdered in Mexico City recently.  Her body was found 4 days after she disappeared.

A woman thought to be between 42 and 45 walked her away from her school, an act which was seen on CCTV.  Fátima had been waiting outside her school to be picked up by her mother, but her mother was running late due to Mexico City traffic jams.

The relevant bits are these, just to get supporters up to speed.

The family has piled in, saying the police response was too slow, and that protocols were not followed.

Feminists have piled in, stating that femicide must stop.  This despite the fact that in this case police are hunting for a female.

Police offered £83,000 for the identification of the female who walked off with Fátima.  To date, AFAIK, there has been no reward offered for the mere identification of Smithman.  It's a measly £20k for a successful prosecution.

8((()*/   

What a pointless post... It seems to be becoming a habit
To date, afaik... There has been no appeal for smithman in Portugal... Why not
« Last Edit: Today at 03:42:14 PM by Davel »
mods can delete posts but...
The moving finger writes and having writ moves on...
nor all thy piety nor wit can lure me back to alter but  a line..nor all thy tears wash away  a word of it

Online Davel

« Reply #7705 on: Today at 04:19:18 PM »
It’s almost as if you’re using the murders of children to bait McCann supporters.

which is a rather stupid and childish thing to do
nor all thy piety nor wit can lure me back to alter but  a line..nor all thy tears wash away  a word of it

Offline barrier

« Reply #7706 on: Today at 05:29:45 PM »
What a pointless post... It seems to be becoming a habit
To date, afaik... There has been no appeal for smithman in Portugal... Why not

Perchance OG don't think he's a resident there.
  IMO OG will cease in 2021 with,person/s unknown removed Madeleine from 5a without leaving a trace to her whereabouts.

Online Davel

« Reply #7707 on: Today at 06:10:15 PM »
Perchance OG don't think he's a resident there.

is it up to SY...I thought it was a portuguese investigation...thats what you sceptics normally say
« Last Edit: Today at 06:19:09 PM by Davel »

Offline barrier

« Reply #7708 on: Today at 06:30:26 PM »
is it up to SY...I thought it was a portuguese investigation...thats what you sceptics normally say

Its the official line.

The Portuguese authorities retain the lead and the Met continues to work in support of them.
  IMO OG will cease in 2021 with,person/s unknown removed Madeleine from 5a without leaving a trace to her whereabouts.

Online Davel

« Reply #7709 on: Today at 07:06:00 PM »
Its the official line.

The Portuguese authorities retain the lead and the Met continues to work in support of them.

I doubt very much SY would be allowed to amke a public appeal in portugal for smithman...its not tye way teh PJ work. Hopefully they are changing but in the past they seem to arrest someone and convince them they are smithman....a good beating soon helps the memory