Scotland Yard think Madeleine might have died in apartment 5A
I'll tell you what a 'weak argument' is ... suggesting that Scotland Yard came to that conclusion without any consideration at all of the cadaver dog alerts ... that the dog alerts have nothing whatsoever to do with Scotland Yard thinking Madeleine died in the apartment ... that whilst they have some 'other' imagined reason for thinking Madeleine died in the apartment, it was certainly not because cadaver dog intelligence was suggestive that a dead body had been there ... no siree
Now that's a weak argument
But that is not the argument I have made at all. I have pointed out that there is no direct connection between the dog alerts and the statement. There isn't.
But far more importantly, I have also pointed out that the statement would have been utterly accurate had no dogs ever been near the apartment or car. It is patently obvious that the child could have died either in or out of the apartment or that she may still be alive.
The dog alerts do not seem to be the dominant basis of SY reasoning for another reason too. Had they been so then SY would not have completely ignored them and expressed the opinion that Madeleine could well be alive.
For all we know the alerts could have been entirely dismissed by Scotland Yard. And before you say that I am stating this as a fact, I am not. But there is no evidence known to any of us that indicates it is not a fact is there? So it is possible. Maybe Grime has offered further evidence? We simply do not know.
But to state that it is on the basis of the dog alerts that SY have made that statement because of the dog alerts is simply not correct. It is a possibility but no more than that. It is a total non-sequitur in terms of logic though.