Author Topic: Interesting that ex Met detective thinks case will not be solved.  (Read 19017 times)

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline jassi

Re: Interesting that ex Met detective thinks case will not be solved.
« Reply #45 on: May 03, 2014, 06:32:05 PM »
Do you want "justice for Maddie" or not?  Justice sometimes costs a lot of money to implement. Would you rather everyone gave up after the first million was spent?   What price justice?

Exactly.  At how many millions would you draw the line?  Ten? - Twenty? - fifty?
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline Mr Gray

Re: Interesting that ex Met detective thinks case will not be solved.
« Reply #46 on: May 03, 2014, 06:33:26 PM »
Exactly.  At how many millions would you draw the line?  Ten? - Twenty? - fifty?

if SY feel they have viable leads...should these be ignored?

Offline jassi

Re: Interesting that ex Met detective thinks case will not be solved.
« Reply #47 on: May 03, 2014, 06:36:43 PM »
if SY feel they have viable leads...should these be ignored?

There may come a point/time when they have to be.
If the financial plug was pulled, for whatever reason, that would be the end of the investigation, irrespective of how many viable leads there might be.
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline Mr Gray

Re: Interesting that ex Met detective thinks case will not be solved.
« Reply #48 on: May 03, 2014, 06:38:50 PM »
There may come a point/time when they have to be.
If the financial plug was pulled, for whatever reason, that would be the end of the investigation, irrespective of how many viable leads there might be.

of course but the plug is not being pulled and I think as long as there are viable leads...that's up to sy...it will not be pulled

Offline jassi

Re: Interesting that ex Met detective thinks case will not be solved.
« Reply #49 on: May 03, 2014, 06:41:04 PM »
of course but the plug is not being pulled and I think as long as there are viable leads...that's up to sy...it will not be pulled

Its up to the politicians - they are funding the investigation.
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline Mr Gray

Re: Interesting that ex Met detective thinks case will not be solved.
« Reply #50 on: May 03, 2014, 06:42:47 PM »
Its up to the politicians - they are funding the investigation.

of course it is and I think that as long as there are viable leads...tahts up to SY...no politician will halt the search

Offline jassi

Re: Interesting that ex Met detective thinks case will not be solved.
« Reply #51 on: May 03, 2014, 06:45:28 PM »
of course it is and I think that as long as there are viable leads...tahts up to SY...no politician will halt the search

No, they will just have a quiet word with SY and all of a sudden the leads will be  no longer viable  8(0(*
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Alfred R Jones

  • Guest
Re: Interesting that ex Met detective thinks case will not be solved.
« Reply #52 on: May 03, 2014, 06:47:44 PM »
Exactly.  At how many millions would you draw the line?  Ten? - Twenty? - fifty?

IMO there should be no lines drawn based on the cost, but if there gets to be a point when it is clear that every possible avenue has been exhausted with little chance of further progress then that's probably the point at which to draw the line. 

Offline slartibartfast

Re: Interesting that ex Met detective thinks case will not be solved.
« Reply #53 on: May 03, 2014, 06:51:17 PM »
IMO there should be no lines drawn based on the cost, but if there gets to be a point when it is clear that every possible avenue has been exhausted with little chance of further progress then that's probably the point at which to draw the line.

So the life of a child is priceless?
“Reasoning will never make a Man correct an ill Opinion, which by Reasoning he never acquired”.

Offline Carana

Re: Interesting that ex Met detective thinks case will not be solved.
« Reply #54 on: May 03, 2014, 06:53:14 PM »
Exactly.  At how many millions would you draw the line?  Ten? - Twenty? - fifty?
If the last time I'd read Article 276 of the Portuguese Penal Process Code is still valid, the most precious commodity is time.

Offline Carana

Re: Interesting that ex Met detective thinks case will not be solved.
« Reply #55 on: May 03, 2014, 06:55:23 PM »
IMO there should be no lines drawn based on the cost, but if there gets to be a point when it is clear that every possible avenue has been exhausted with little chance of further progress then that's probably the point at which to draw the line.

As I'd mentioned to someone else:
If the last time I'd read Article 276 of the Portuguese Penal Process Code is still valid, the most precious commodity is time.

stephen25000

  • Guest
Re: Interesting that ex Met detective thinks case will not be solved.
« Reply #56 on: May 03, 2014, 07:28:48 PM »
have you not realised...they are yet to be able to investigate

The ex-detective said all theories should be examined did he not ?

Offline Mr Gray

Re: Interesting that ex Met detective thinks case will not be solved.
« Reply #57 on: May 03, 2014, 07:38:22 PM »
The ex-detective said all theories should be examined did he not ?
and as we have discussed SY would have looked at the mccanns first...how many times do you need telling...and declared them not suspects

stephen25000

  • Guest
Re: Interesting that ex Met detective thinks case will not be solved.
« Reply #58 on: May 03, 2014, 07:40:53 PM »
and as we have discussed SY would have looked at the mccanns first...how many times do you need telling...and declared them not suspects

What did the article say davel ?

Offline sadie

Re: Interesting that ex Met detective thinks case will not be solved.
« Reply #59 on: May 03, 2014, 07:45:10 PM »
What did the article say davel ?
Stephen, SY are professional.  They would have examined Kate and Gerry first followed by the tapas group