Author Topic: Luz declares the Portuguese libel trial is not a libel trial ?  (Read 114194 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

stephen25000

  • Guest
Re: Luz declares the Portuguese libel trial is not a libel trial ?
« Reply #510 on: June 14, 2014, 06:11:41 PM »
the book is not being stocked in Portuguese  bookshops...shops like to make money and stock what sells ...why do you think they are not stocking it

Probably because people who interested in the case already have, or can access it on the net for free.

Offline Mr Gray

Re: Luz declares the Portuguese libel trial is not a libel trial ?
« Reply #511 on: June 14, 2014, 06:12:49 PM »
Probably because people who interested in the case already have, or can access it on the net for free.


so the book is not selling...fact

stephen25000

  • Guest
Re: Luz declares the Portuguese libel trial is not a libel trial ?
« Reply #512 on: June 14, 2014, 06:14:08 PM »

so the book is not selling...fact

Any figures or proof ?

Offline jassi

Re: Luz declares the Portuguese libel trial is not a libel trial ?
« Reply #513 on: June 14, 2014, 07:04:39 PM »

so the book is not selling...fact

Not really of much importance. I'm surprised you are even bothering to continue commenting on it.
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

ferryman

  • Guest
Re: Luz declares the Portuguese libel trial is not a libel trial ?
« Reply #514 on: June 14, 2014, 07:22:55 PM »
Whether the book is selling or not is immaterial except to the interested parties.
The issue is that the ban on selling the book was overturned and the court decreed that the McCann's rights had not been infringed.

They didn't read the book all that carefully ...

Offline jassi

Re: Luz declares the Portuguese libel trial is not a libel trial ?
« Reply #515 on: June 14, 2014, 07:24:38 PM »
They didn't read the book all that carefully ...

Who are 'they'?
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline Carana

Re: Luz declares the Portuguese libel trial is not a libel trial ?
« Reply #516 on: June 14, 2014, 07:25:05 PM »
Whether the book is selling or not is immaterial except to the interested parties.
The issue is that the ban on selling the book was overturned and the court decreed that the McCann's rights had not been infringed.

Then why wasn't the case thrown out?

Offline faithlilly

Re: Luz declares the Portuguese libel trial is not a libel trial ?
« Reply #517 on: June 14, 2014, 10:53:04 PM »
Then why wasn't the case thrown out?

Because the book banning is a completely different issue to whether it is libellous.
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Offline misty

Re: Luz declares the Portuguese libel trial is not a libel trial ?
« Reply #518 on: June 15, 2014, 02:27:12 AM »
If the book had remained banned, what would the legal position have been regarding the documentary based on the book?

Offline Mr Gray

Re: Luz declares the Portuguese libel trial is not a libel trial ?
« Reply #519 on: June 15, 2014, 12:58:45 PM »
What is most interesting is that the book is no longer for sale...now that is interesting

Offline jassi

Re: Luz declares the Portuguese libel trial is not a libel trial ?
« Reply #520 on: June 15, 2014, 01:07:56 PM »
What is most interesting is that the book is no longer for sale...now that is interesting

Is it really?  Why should anyone be bothered one way or the other?
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline Eleanor

Re: Luz declares the Portuguese libel trial is not a libel trial ?
« Reply #521 on: June 15, 2014, 09:12:45 PM »

I am going to bed.  I seriously need to be on the ball tomorrow.  I mean, this is all sooooo exciting.  We might even get a verdict in about six weeks.  If I haven't died of boredom before then.

Offline Mr Gray

Re: Luz declares the Portuguese libel trial is not a libel trial ?
« Reply #522 on: June 15, 2014, 09:15:35 PM »
the transcripts have been very useful in showing what a weak position amaral is in

Offline jassi

Re: Luz declares the Portuguese libel trial is not a libel trial ?
« Reply #523 on: June 15, 2014, 09:19:49 PM »
Only time will tell. We are not getting a verdict tomorrow, merely the next installment.
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Alfred R Jones

  • Guest
Re: Luz declares the Portuguese libel trial is not a libel trial ?
« Reply #524 on: June 15, 2014, 09:21:38 PM »
Only time will tell. We are not getting a verdict tomorrow, merely the next installment.
What are we supposed to be getting tomorrow?  I'm out of the loop about it. I know the McCanns are being allowed to present their case in person in court - is that tomorrow?