So, back on topic
Carana said that the planned digs are just 'normal practice' that should have done seven years ago
That suggests that the locations where the digs are planned were selected randomly and not based on any particular intelligence
Does anyone agree with that ?
Does anyone else think the Portuguese police should have been randomly digging up PDL seven years ago ?
I think we would need to know what has led NSY and the PJ to where we are today and the reason for the proposed ground searches to make an informed comment.
That isn’t going to happen, so here goes.
I cannot believe Madeleine was buried within the environs of PDL unless in an area with no public access or access for scavengers.
At the time extensive searches were carried out by the police and volunteers in which police dogs were involved.
IMO the professional searchers would have been on the lookout specifically for areas of disturbed ground or places where a small child could have wandered to unseen and fallen.
Observers in the helicopter would have been searching and perhaps taking photos? for further study.
I do believe that the initial investigation concentrated their resources on Madeleine’s parents to the exclusion of many other possibilities. If she should be found buried in the location to be searched I think the scrutiny of the conduct of her case will be intense.
I echo Carana's sentiments in her kind thoughts for Madeleine's family, who must be going through Hell as the search for Madeleine progresses.