Other High Profile Cases and Persons of Interest > Oscar Pistorius and the killing of girlfriend Reeva Steenkamp.

Oscar Pistorius to have psychiatric evaluation as part of the trial.

<< < (2/4) > >>

Tim Invictus:

--- Quote from: John on May 21, 2014, 10:08:19 AM ---Evaluating Pistorius' mental health NOW is hardly relevant to what it was before the killing of Reeva Steenkamp or am I missing something here?

If he had long term mental health issues before he shot Reeva then there would be a record of it or is the prosecutor trying to say he hid it?  Anyone could be forgiven for thinking that there is an element of farce creeping into this showcase trial.

--- End quote ---

I don't get it either John. Of course OP is depressed and anxious ..... he faces possible life in prison and everyone has said his defence was a pile of pants! Exactly the same with Shrien Dewai!

Unless there is evidence of mental illness at or prior to the alleged offence, what is the point?

Gerrie Nel and the state don't buy it for one second but they have to respond to prevent an appeal on the mental health issue.

John:
Oscar Pistorius Trial: What Are Doctors Looking for in his General Anxiety Evaluation?

The Oscar Pistorius trial is currently on break after a psychiatrist diagnosed the so-called Blade Runner with generalized anxiety disorder

Judge Thokozile Masipa ordered a 30-day evaluation of Pistorius after the diagnosis.

Pistorius is finishing up his fourth week of being evaluated.

Dr. Charles Sophy told HLNTV that doctors should be able to tell by now whether Pistorius has the disorder or not.

“Most of the traits that exhibit themselves for a generalized anxiety disorder will come out in things that not only will be tested for in psychological testing, such as concentration, pulse control, mood, those kinds of things,” he said.

www.theepochtimes.com/n3/719732-oscar-pistorius-trial-what-are-doctors-looking-for-in-general-anxiety-evaluation/

colombosstogey:
I believe he has been found SANE at time of shooting.

Tim Invictus:

--- Quote from: colombosstogey on June 30, 2014, 01:06:45 PM ---I believe he has been found SANE at time of shooting.

--- End quote ---

Let's hope the trial runs swiftly now and OP pays heavily for killing Reeva!

Brietta:

--- Quote from: Tim Invictus on June 30, 2014, 01:26:13 PM ---Let's hope the trial runs swiftly now and OP pays heavily for killing Reeva!

--- End quote ---

Gerrie Nel has at a stroke cut off one avenue for appeal.  I think Oscar should be making preparations for a long stay in prison.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version