Alleged Miscarriages of Justice > The kidnapping and shooting/murder of Anni Dewani while on her honeymoon in South Africa. Trial of Shrien Dewani was held in Cape Town, SA.

Shrien Dewani trial commences in Capetown.

<< < (9/33) > >>

Holly Goodhead:

--- Quote from: lane99 on October 14, 2014, 03:51:13 PM ---The lack of physical intimacy was a problem for Anni the whole time she knew Dewani.  Anni was confused about him not wanting anything to do with her physically.

But Anni had close confidantes that she discussed the subject with throughout her relationship with Dewani.

--- End quote ---

Why did Anni agree to marry Shrien then?  If I was in a serious relationship with a guy who spurned me sexually I think the alarm bells would start ringing.  If I was confused I wouldn't agree to any sort of commitment eg marriage.  She discussed these concerns with her cousin. 

Anni was brought up in a liberal country ie Sweden.  She studied engineering at university.  Then worked for the telecoms company Ericsson.  She sounds worldly. 

Myster:
In the words of Mrs. Merton - "Just what attracted you to millionaire Shrien Dewani?" ... Follow the Money!

lane99:
Firstly, she nearly didn't marry him. She had to be inveigled back into the relationship several times.  Even on the day of the wedding they weren't getting along.  But they called a truce and agreed to play nice for the sake of the event and all the family and guests in attendance.

So what it boils down to is she married Dewani against her better judgement and despite her reservations.  It's a terrible shame, too.  Because if she had just listened to her instincts she almost certainly would still be alive today.  With pretty much her whole life still ahead of her.

Holly Goodhead:

--- Quote from: lane99 on October 15, 2014, 02:36:01 AM ---Firstly, she nearly didn't marry him. She had to be inveigled back into the relationship several times.  Even on the day of the wedding they weren't getting along.  But they called a truce and agreed to play nice for the sake of the event and all the family and guests in attendance.

So what it boils down to is she married Dewani against her better judgement and despite her reservations.  It's a terrible shame, too.  Because if she had just listened to her instincts she almost certainly would still be alive today.  With pretty much her whole life still ahead of her.

--- End quote ---

AD was a young, attractive and well educated woman why settle for second best?

I recall going on holiday in the early 90's to the Turkish beach resort of Oludeniz.  Pagagliding was the thing to do there and after much persuasion by my partner I somewhat reluctantly agreed to give it a go.  It was done tandem with a professional pilot.  On the drive up the mountain we learned that days earlier a woman on honeymoon had fallen out of her paragliding harness and died.  All sorts of rumours were circulating as to whether or not it was an accident, suicide or foul play and the state of her relationship with her husband.  Sadly tragedies do happen on honeymoons:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antigua_honeymoon_murders

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Murder_of_Michaela_McAreavey

It makes no sense to me at all why SD would arrange for AD to be murdered on honeymoon regardless of his sexuality and/or whether or not they were getting on. 

I wonder if SD is being unfairly discriminated against on the basis that he's attractive looking, well educated, wealthy and had an attractive wife?

Tim Invictus:
What is wrong with the justice system in South Africa? First the Pistorius trial has been a legal whitewash of a blatant murder (imho) and now the judge in the Shrien Dewani trial says his bisexuality/homosexuality is irrelevant to the case!

How on earth can it be deemed irrelevant when it was for this reason SD felt trapped in a marriage he didn't want and came from a culture where his true sexuality is not acceptable!

Ludicrous!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version