Author Topic: Brenda Leyland. Coroner's Court reconvenes on 20 March 2015.  (Read 417372 times)

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

Alfred R Jones

  • Guest
Re: Brenda Leyland. Coroner's Court reconvenes on 20 March 2015.
« Reply #210 on: November 01, 2014, 06:43:16 PM »
Having just re-read he opening post of this thread I really have to say it's a load of old tutt.   It has been written (by a non-forum member with a poor grasp of reality) with the sole purpose of intimidating and frightening the dossier compilers, and it has been posted here on this forum for the same reason.  If anyone seriously believes the coroner will be calling upon and cross-questioning these individuals over the death of Brenda Leyland they must have rocks in their heads where their brains should be. 

Offline Mr Gray

Re: Brenda Leyland. Coroner's Court reconvenes on 20 March 2015.
« Reply #211 on: November 01, 2014, 06:50:05 PM »
Having just re-read he opening post of this thread I really have to say it's a load of old tutt.   It has been written (by a non-forum member with a poor grasp of reality) with the sole purpose of intimidating and frightening the dossier compilers, and it has been posted here on this forum for the same reason.  If anyone seriously believes the coroner will be calling upon and cross-questioning these individuals over the death of Brenda Leyland they must have rocks in their heads where their brains should be.

I would think that the dossier compilers do not have rocks for brains and will see the OT for what it is...a load of old tutt

Alfred R Jones

  • Guest
Re: Brenda Leyland. Coroner's Court reconvenes on 20 March 2015.
« Reply #212 on: November 01, 2014, 07:00:49 PM »
The OP talks about criminal actions and conspiracies in the final paragraph, what conspiracy would that be, I wonder, and specifically what criminal action?  The act of handing over a list of vile tweets to the police / media?  Is that a conspiracy or a criminal act?   *&*%£

Offline Jean-Pierre

Re: Brenda Leyland. Coroner's Court reconvenes on 20 March 2015.
« Reply #213 on: November 01, 2014, 07:05:10 PM »
The OP talks about criminal actions and conspiracies in the final paragraph, what conspiracy would that be, I wonder, and specifically what criminal action?  The act of handing over a list of vile tweets to the police / media?  Is that a conspiracy or a criminal act?   *&*%£

I have just re-read the OP again.   Agreed - a load of irrelevant tosh written by someone who clearly gleans their knowledge of the law from watching TV.

But unsurprisingly it has inspired a few members here.

Perhaps they would care to enlighten us as to exactly what laws they think may have been broken. 


ferryman

  • Guest
Re: Brenda Leyland. Coroner's Court reconvenes on 20 March 2015.
« Reply #214 on: November 01, 2014, 07:16:27 PM »
Well, partial credit where it's due:

Just to clarify for those that may not be too au fait with these types of inquiries, an inquest is an inquisitorial process, not adversarial, and it has just 3 basic tasks to complete: ascertain the identity of the deceased; determine when and where the person died; decide how the deceased died and what circumstances brought about their death.

I checked the part I underline and (I confess!) was surprised to discover that's right.

But then this:

I hope and trust that in December we shall see a full and detailed examination of the circumstances leading up to Brenda Leyland's sad and premature demise, followed by a comprehensive and determined investigation into any criminal actions and conspiracies should they be revealed by the inquiry."

There's nothing criminal about gathering information and passing it on to the police.

Offline Alice Purjorick

Re: Brenda Leyland. Coroner's Court reconvenes on 20 March 2015.
« Reply #215 on: November 01, 2014, 07:17:27 PM »
OP
The first two paragraphs are reasonable.
The third is an opinion.
The fourth is reasonable enough
The fifth is expression of a wish
The sixth is speculation.

Hardly worth getting in a muck sweat of emotive terms over it.
"Navigating the difference between weird but normal grief and truly suspicious behaviour is the key for any detective worth his salt.". ….Sarah Bailey

Online Eleanor

Re: Brenda Leyland. Coroner's Court reconvenes on 20 March 2015.
« Reply #216 on: November 01, 2014, 07:21:39 PM »
OP
The first two paragraphs are reasonable.
The third is an opinion.
The fourth is reasonable enough
The fifth is expression of a wish
The sixth is speculation.

Hardly worth getting in a muck sweat of emotive terms over it.

Certainly not for Brenda.  Poor, silly soul.  Nothing is worth death.  In my opinion.

Alfred R Jones

  • Guest
Re: Brenda Leyland. Coroner's Court reconvenes on 20 March 2015.
« Reply #217 on: November 01, 2014, 07:50:09 PM »
Certainly not for Brenda.  Poor, silly soul.  Nothing is worth death.  In my opinion.
that's the problem when you start to view yourself as a "warrior" or "soldier for justice", you get daft ideas about making a personal sacrifice to the cause.   Not saying Brenda laid down her life for justice, but the way she is being deified in some places there are obviously people who do see her act in this light.

Online Eleanor

Re: Brenda Leyland. Coroner's Court reconvenes on 20 March 2015.
« Reply #218 on: November 01, 2014, 08:06:47 PM »
that's the problem when you start to view yourself as a "warrior" or "soldier for justice", you get daft ideas about making a personal sacrifice to the cause.   Not saying Brenda laid down her life for justice, but the way she is being deified in some places there are obviously people who do see her act in this light.

Yes, sadly some people do.  But I don't really want to think about why she finished up in the place that she did.  I only wonder why she had no one to help her, or no one to whom she could go.

I know all about passing depression, but mine is only ever passing, and it does pass.

Offline Mr Gray

Re: Brenda Leyland. Coroner's Court reconvenes on 20 March 2015.
« Reply #219 on: November 01, 2014, 08:09:48 PM »
Yes, sadly some people do.  But I don't really want to think about why she finished up in the place that she did.  I only wonder why she had no one to help her, or no one to whom she could go.

I know all about passing depression, but mine is only ever passing, and it does pass.

Brenda had no on to talk to because sadly she was a lonely person...that's almost certainly part of why she comitted suicide...not because of the actions of the McCanns as has been claimed.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2014, 12:47:17 PM by Mr Moderator »

Online Eleanor

Re: Brenda Leyland. Coroner's Court reconvenes on 20 March 2015.
« Reply #220 on: November 01, 2014, 08:36:42 PM »
Brenda had no on to talk to because sadly she was a lonely person...that's almost certainly part of why she comitted suicide...not because of the actions of the McCanns as has been claimed.

No, certainly never for that. This was never the fault of The McCanns.  And I don't want to talk about what she said and did.

Some of us are lonely.  This is a fact, for whatever reason.  And there is no shame in this.  We all deal with our lives in whatever way we can.  I am just vaguely devastated by Brenda having no one to go to.
I don't really care about what she did.  Only that she had nothing better to do.  And no one to help her.

Now, any of you tell me that you are any different, other than a bit tougher when push comes to shove.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2014, 12:48:26 PM by Mr Moderator »

Offline Anna

Re: Brenda Leyland. Coroner's Court reconvenes on 20 March 2015.
« Reply #221 on: November 01, 2014, 09:34:53 PM »
No, certainly never for that. This was never the fault of The McCanns.  And I don't want to talk about what she said and did.

Some of us are lonely.  This is a fact, for whatever reason.  And there is no shame in this.  We all deal with our lives in whatever way we can.  I am just vaguely devastated by Brenda having no one to go to.
I don't really care about what she did.  Only that she had nothing better to do.  And no one to help her.

Now, any of you tell me that you are any different, other than a bit tougher when push comes to shove.

What happened to BL had nothing to do with the McCanns, except for her hate for them.

You are spot on in what you are saying Eleanor,
Everyone suffers loneliness at some time or another in their life and can even be depressed by the situation, but most of us manage to pull it together and  recover from the feeling without taking drastic steps to escape.

 I get lonely laying in this bed all day and I  keep busy reading or with the computer on this site, but I am not bitter, because I know there is a lot of love and support in my family.

 I don’t say much on the BL threads, because I think that it was terribly sad, that she had no-one to turn too and had to go to a Hotel.
 She could have been a very independent lady to the extreme and didn’t want to involve others……..Who knows why she ran away or why she died? It is a depressing subject on its own  8(8-)) 
“You should not honour men more than truth.”
― Plato

Offline Montclair

Re: Brenda Leyland. Coroner's Court reconvenes on 20 March 2015.
« Reply #222 on: November 01, 2014, 09:46:19 PM »
Brenda had no on to talk to because sadly she was a lonely person...that's almost certainly part of why she comitted suicide...not because of the actions of the McCanns as has been claimed.

From what I saw, when Martin Brunt confronted Brenda Leyland she was going shopping with a friend. Why do you naturally assume that she was a sad and lonely person simply because she did not believe the McCanns? Maybe you want to believe otherwise but I think that the McCanns were behind this troll dossier. They are capable since they have already tried to destroy Gonçalo Amaral in everyway possible, IMO and they'll stop at nothing in their quest to silence anyone from saying anything negative about them.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2014, 12:51:16 PM by Mr Moderator »

Offline Jean-Pierre

Re: Brenda Leyland. Coroner's Court reconvenes on 20 March 2015.
« Reply #223 on: November 01, 2014, 10:12:43 PM »
From what I saw, when Martin Brunt confronted Brenda Leyland she was going shopping with a friend. Why do you naturally assume that she was a sad and lonely person simply because she did not believe the McCanns? Maybe you want to believe otherwise but I think that the McCanns were behind this troll dossier. They are capable since they have already tried to destroy Gonçalo Amaral in everyway possible, IMO and they'll stop at nothing in their quest to silence anyone from saying anything negative about them.

Perhaps because she was divorced, estranged from one son, and a couple of days after her online activity as "sweepyface" - obsessively tweeting hate mail about a grieving family - was revealed she apparently went to a hotel and killed herself.    Extremely sad in every respect.

As for Amaral.  Are we talking about a policeman who, having failed "prove his case" about the McCanns through due process decided (uniquely) to write a book accusing them of crimes.  (And of course lining his pockets the expense of a missing little girl in the meantime - but that is by the by)

And then made a career out of promulgating his theories in documentary and sordid chat shows.

The McCanns are simply taking appropriate legal action to stem the tide of libel - not to "destroy" him.  He is doing that all by himself.   

 



 

Alfred R Jones

  • Guest
Re: Brenda Leyland. Coroner's Court reconvenes on 20 March 2015.
« Reply #224 on: November 01, 2014, 10:19:06 PM »
Fancy the McCanns trying to put a stop to the spread of vicious lies and spiteful bile posted about them on social media - how very dare they!