Author Topic: Journalist Sonia Poulton promises "The untold story of Madeleine McCann".  (Read 259212 times)

0 Members and 9 Guests are viewing this topic.

Lyall

  • Guest
Re: Journalist Sonia Poulton promises "The untold story of Madeleine McCann".
« Reply #330 on: January 02, 2015, 11:37:50 PM »
Some people see 'conspiracy' when it's actually lawyers doing what they do secretly.

Alfred R Jones

  • Guest
Re: Journalist Sonia Poulton promises "The untold story of Madeleine McCann".
« Reply #331 on: January 02, 2015, 11:38:22 PM »
Indeed.  But it isn't doing Brenda's family a lot of good.  So what can Sonia Poulton hope to achieve?  She won't further her career, if that's what she thinks.
Sonia obviously has a very high opinion of herself and believes that what she is doing is some great service to humankind and the cause of justice, in fact I think this is what drives many of these "sceptic" types.  If only they could see themselves for what they really are and how deluded and misguided (not to mention nasty and vindictive) they come across, but that ain't ever likely to happen unfortunately. 

Offline Eleanor

Re: Journalist Sonia Poulton promises "The untold story of Madeleine McCann".
« Reply #332 on: January 02, 2015, 11:42:30 PM »
Sonia obviously has a very high opinion of herself and believes that what she is doing is some great service to humankind and the cause of justice, in fact I think this is what drives many of these "sceptic" types.  If only they could see themselves for what they really are and how deluded and misguided (not to mention nasty and vindictive) they come across, but that ain't ever likely to happen unfortunately.

I agree.  Some of them do believe that they are doing a service, although this has to be a delusion.  In my not so humble opinion.
So much unkindness is really depressing at times.

Offline Eleanor

Re: Journalist Sonia Poulton promises "The untold story of Madeleine McCann".
« Reply #333 on: January 02, 2015, 11:44:42 PM »
She's said what it's about (partly): the media's treatment of this case.

But you could get a hundred different papers from a hundred people on that subject.

Very few of them mentioning lawyers I expect.

But there is nothing that The Media can say.

Lyall

  • Guest
Re: Journalist Sonia Poulton promises "The untold story of Madeleine McCann".
« Reply #334 on: January 02, 2015, 11:46:17 PM »
But there is nothing that The Media can say.

 &%+((£ There's bundles.

Lyall

  • Guest
Re: Journalist Sonia Poulton promises "The untold story of Madeleine McCann".
« Reply #335 on: January 02, 2015, 11:57:45 PM »
Grange, shockingly lurid newspaper frontpages, the absurd Crimewatch and subsequent appeals.

But the PM made his feelings known (and Home Sec) and that was that. £10m is a drop in the ocean truthfully (the national debt rises by that amount every 32 minutes by my calculation - it's nothing in the grand scheme of things if the PM says so)

Offline Eleanor

Re: Journalist Sonia Poulton promises "The untold story of Madeleine McCann".
« Reply #336 on: January 03, 2015, 12:00:17 AM »
&%+((£ There's bundles.

Well some people need to watch out, including Sonia Poulton.

Offline Eleanor

Re: Journalist Sonia Poulton promises "The untold story of Madeleine McCann".
« Reply #337 on: January 03, 2015, 12:01:18 AM »
Grange, shockingly lurid newspaper frontpages, the absurd Crimewatch and subsequent appeals.

But the PM made his feelings known (and Home Sec) and that was that. £10m is a drop in the ocean truthfully (the national debt rises by that amount every 32 minutes by my calculation - it's nothing in the grand scheme of things if the PM says so)

Please don't try to take this Thread Off Topic.

Lyall

  • Guest
Re: Journalist Sonia Poulton promises "The untold story of Madeleine McCann".
« Reply #338 on: January 03, 2015, 12:03:23 AM »
Please don't try to take this Thread Off Topic.

I'm not, but you said there's nothing any journo could write about (assuming any of them are so inclined).

Offline Eleanor

Re: Journalist Sonia Poulton promises "The untold story of Madeleine McCann".
« Reply #339 on: January 03, 2015, 12:06:09 AM »
I'm not, but you said there's nothing any journo could write about (assuming any of them are so inclined).

Phew. Thank goodness we agree that Sonia Poulton isn't Media.

Lyall

  • Guest
Re: Journalist Sonia Poulton promises "The untold story of Madeleine McCann".
« Reply #340 on: January 03, 2015, 12:10:03 AM »
Phew. Thank goodness we agree that Sonia Poulton isn't Media.

We're all media now %£&)**#

(of course not everyone thinks that is a good thing, and that's partly what generates the media's periodic outrage about 'trolls')
« Last Edit: January 03, 2015, 12:14:46 AM by Lyall »

Offline Eleanor

Re: Journalist Sonia Poulton promises "The untold story of Madeleine McCann".
« Reply #341 on: January 03, 2015, 12:20:30 AM »
We're all media now %£&)**#

(of course not everyone thinks that is a good thing, and that's partly what generates the media's periodic outrage about 'trolls')

You mean I'm a Journalist just like Sonia?  Excepting that I wouldn't heap misery on the family of a missing child or the family of a very sad woman.

Lyall

  • Guest
Re: Journalist Sonia Poulton promises "The untold story of Madeleine McCann".
« Reply #342 on: January 03, 2015, 01:04:38 AM »
You mean I'm a Journalist just like Sonia?  Excepting that I wouldn't heap misery on the family of a missing child or the family of a very sad woman.

I agree with you about some things, but that's the modern online world. The answer I think is less legislation/restriction of freedom of speech, not more of it. But more of it is what's in the pipeline, and sooner or later some of the people out there discussing the case will likely face consequences. But that's likely to make things worse not better, just like the action Sky News took did. One thing's for sure: there are no easy answers in a case as unique as this one.

Offline Eleanor

Re: Journalist Sonia Poulton promises "The untold story of Madeleine McCann".
« Reply #343 on: January 03, 2015, 01:27:34 AM »
I agree with you about some things, but that's the modern online world. The answer I think is less legislation/restriction of freedom of speech, not more of it. But more of it is what's in the pipeline, and sooner or later some of the people out there discussing the case will likely face consequences. But that's likely to make things worse not better, just like the action Sky News took did. One thing's for sure: there are no easy answers in a case as unique as this one.

Believe me, I am pleased that we have a level of communication. I have never wanted to fall out with anyone.  But I don't need the Right to Free Speech because I understand what is acceptable and what isn't.  And certainly you have never offended the forum rules as far as I am aware.
But don't you see that some people do overstep the mark.  They are the ones who put Freedom of Speech at risk.  And Sonia Poulton seems to be heading that way.  She has already accused some politician whose name I can't remember, of being a Mass Murderer.  This is just not acceptable.
So she needs to watch her mouth when it comes to Brenda Leyland and The McCanns.  She alone could do more to erode your rights than I ever could.

Lyall

  • Guest
Re: Journalist Sonia Poulton promises "The untold story of Madeleine McCann".
« Reply #344 on: January 03, 2015, 01:53:36 AM »
Believe me, I am pleased that we have a level of communication. I have never wanted to fall out with anyone.  But I don't need the Right to Free Speech because I understand what is acceptable and what isn't.  And certainly you have never offended the forum rules as far as I am aware.
But don't you see that some people do overstep the mark.  They are the ones who put Freedom of Speech at risk.  And Sonia Poulton seems to be heading that way.  She has already accused some politician whose name I can't remember, of being a Mass Murderer.  This is just not acceptable.
So she needs to watch her mouth when it comes to Brenda Leyland and The McCanns.  She alone could do more to erode your rights than I ever could.

I know. She already tweeted "let's get this into court" so who knows what her plans really are. The problem is there's a vacuum created by nobody in the press - or other writers with credentials - writing about the case, and in a vacuum the 'conspiracy theorists' and the noisiest are followed.

I... ........ ....... is the politician. Nasty geezer %£&)**#
« Last Edit: January 10, 2015, 03:36:31 AM by John »