Author Topic: Journalist Sonia Poulton promises "The untold story of Madeleine McCann".  (Read 259231 times)

0 Members and 9 Guests are viewing this topic.

Alfred R Jones

  • Guest
Re: Journalist Sonia Poulton promises "The untold story of Madeleine McCann".
« Reply #420 on: January 08, 2015, 08:17:32 AM »
Perhaps she has found a supporter with close links to the McCanns and thinks it will make the general public believe all supporters are shills?
Then she clearly has some serious delusion issues.

Alfred R Jones

  • Guest
Re: Journalist Sonia Poulton promises "The untold story of Madeleine McCann".
« Reply #421 on: January 08, 2015, 08:19:02 AM »
Why should a McCann supporter fear being outed......
I would fear it for the simple reason that I think some "sceptics" are so deranged they would go out of their way to harm my business and personal relationships.

Offline Mr Gray

Re: Journalist Sonia Poulton promises "The untold story of Madeleine McCann".
« Reply #422 on: January 08, 2015, 10:31:41 AM »
I would fear it for the simple reason that I think some "sceptics" are so deranged they would go out of their way to harm my business and personal relationships.

I understand what you are saying...so it is not the outing and taking responsibility for your views but  the potential criminal actions by nutters...I actually don't think these "cyber warriors" have got the guts to do anything in the real world...there's always the odd nutter though so I understand what you are saying.

Offline Mr Gray

Re: Journalist Sonia Poulton promises "The untold story of Madeleine McCann".
« Reply #423 on: January 08, 2015, 10:33:57 AM »
this tweet by poulton just about sums her up...what about some sympathy for the victims...


Islamophobes are having multiple orgasms on Twitter. They love nothing more than something to re-inforce prejudice. More tragic, the better...


what an awful person she is...the doubters are welcome to have someone like that to support their twisted views.

Offline Benice

Re: Journalist Sonia Poulton promises "The untold story of Madeleine McCann".
« Reply #424 on: January 08, 2015, 10:52:24 AM »
I understand what you are saying...so it is not the outing and taking responsibility for your views but  the potential criminal actions by nutters...I actually don't think these "cyber warriors" have got the guts to do anything in the real world...there's always the odd nutter though so I understand what you are saying.

IIRC major attempts were made to destroy the reputation of a person who was 'outed' by some sceptics on Twitter who decided that she was ...... ............ - a witness in the McCann case.      Disgusting comments were made about her- some from BL.

I wonder if Sonia will include that in her video.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2015, 12:34:35 PM by Angelo222 »
The notion that innocence prevails over guilt – when there is no evidence to the contrary – is what separates civilization from barbarism.    Unfortunately, there are remains of barbarism among us.    Until very recently, it headed the PJ in Portimão. I hope he was the last one.
                                               Henrique Monteiro, chief editor, Expresso, Portugal

Lyall

  • Guest
Re: Journalist Sonia Poulton promises "The untold story of Madeleine McCann".
« Reply #425 on: January 08, 2015, 12:44:49 PM »
this tweet by poulton just about sums her up...what about some sympathy for the victims...


Islamophobes are having multiple orgasms on Twitter. They love nothing more than something to re-inforce prejudice. More tragic, the better...


what an awful person she is...the doubters are welcome to have someone like that to support their twisted views.

To be fair she has a point there %£&)**#

Offline Eleanor

Re: Journalist Sonia Poulton promises "The untold story of Madeleine McCann".
« Reply #426 on: January 08, 2015, 01:01:26 PM »

As Sonya Poulton spends that much time on Twitter I really don't know what else she expects. Those people are all mad.  I haven't read anything Islamophobic in the last couple of days.

Lyall

  • Guest
Re: Journalist Sonia Poulton promises "The untold story of Madeleine McCann".
« Reply #427 on: January 08, 2015, 01:14:04 PM »
As Sonya Poulton spends that much time on Twitter I really don't know what else she expects. Those people are all mad.  I haven't read anything Islamophobic in the last couple of days.

One word: Farage 8()(((@#

But even Jon Snow's initial reaction was it's a "clash of civilisations" when actually it's just a few very angry men.

Offline Brietta

Re: Journalist Sonia Poulton promises "The untold story of Madeleine McCann".
« Reply #428 on: January 08, 2015, 01:47:42 PM »
One word: Farage 8()(((@#

But even Jon Snow's initial reaction was it's a "clash of civilisations" when actually it's just a few very angry men.


Don't know about that, Lyall ... I think there are more than a few very angry men and women out there.

However, back to the star of the show ... isn't it about time the euphemism "asking questions" was replaced by something approximating what is actually going on. 

There is usually a good reason for blocking comments ... it is a regular occurrence on newspapers some of whom don't even bother to allow comment on Madeleine McCann related articles ... and there is something mildly disquieting about those who participate and revel in such meaningless trivia.

How appropriate that Sonia Poulton is massaging the target audience for her 'documentary' firmly in their prejudices ... but in doing so she she shreds all pretence to unbiased journalism.


Sonia Poulton @SoniaPoulton  ·  18 hrs 18 hours ago
If you have been blocked by @missingpeople and/or @findmadeleine for asking questions (non-abusive), please favourite this tweet. TY #mccann

"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Lyall

  • Guest
Re: Journalist Sonia Poulton promises "The untold story of Madeleine McCann".
« Reply #429 on: January 08, 2015, 01:54:56 PM »

Don't know about that, Lyall ... I think there are more than a few very angry men and women out there.

However, back to the star of the show ... isn't it about time the euphemism "asking questions" was replaced by something approximating what is actually going on. 

There is usually a good reason for blocking comments ... it is a regular occurrence on newspapers some of whom don't even bother to allow comment on Madeleine McCann related articles ... and there is something mildly disquieting about those who participate and revel in such meaningless trivia.

How appropriate that Sonia Poulton is massaging the target audience for her 'documentary' firmly in their prejudices ... but in doing so she she shreds all pretence to unbiased journalism.


Sonia Poulton @SoniaPoulton  ·  18 hrs 18 hours ago
If you have been blocked by @missingpeople and/or @findmadeleine for asking questions (non-abusive), please favourite this tweet. TY #mccann


Sonia and her supporters can't see there's a big lobby, it's not just the obvious high profile people or organisations.

Kay Burley blocked me 8(8-)) and doubtless others too.

Offline faithlilly

Re: Journalist Sonia Poulton promises "The untold story of Madeleine McCann".
« Reply #430 on: January 08, 2015, 01:57:02 PM »

Don't know about that, Lyall ... I think there are more than a few very angry men and women out there.

However, back to the star of the show ... isn't it about time the euphemism "asking questions" was replaced by something approximating what is actually going on. 

There is usually a good reason for blocking comments ... it is a regular occurrence on newspapers some of whom don't even bother to allow comment on Madeleine McCann related articles ... and there is something mildly disquieting about those who participate and revel in such meaningless trivia.

How appropriate that Sonia Poulton is massaging the target audience for her 'documentary' firmly in their prejudices ... but in doing so she she shreds all pretence to unbiased journalism.


Sonia Poulton @SoniaPoulton  ·  18 hrs 18 hours ago
If you have been blocked by @missingpeople and/or @findmadeleine for asking questions (non-abusive), please favourite this tweet. TY #mccann


I'm not sure SP claims to be unbiased just as I imagine Carol Malone and Lorraine Kelly wouldn't either when reporting on this case.
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Offline Brietta

Re: Journalist Sonia Poulton promises "The untold story of Madeleine McCann".
« Reply #431 on: January 08, 2015, 02:06:08 PM »
Sonia and her supporters can't see there's a big lobby, it's not just the obvious high profile people or organisations.

Kay Burley blocked me 8(8-)) and doubtless others too.

As I say, there is usually a good reason for blocking people.

I have always found you to be the soul of reason and polite with it ... so I would say from my slight acquaintance with you that if Kay Burley blocked you ...
     8(8-))  it might be as a result of the company you keep   8(8-))
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline Mr Gray

Re: Journalist Sonia Poulton promises "The untold story of Madeleine McCann".
« Reply #432 on: January 08, 2015, 02:06:25 PM »
To be fair she has a point there %£&)**#

I think it is in terrible taste...she should have at least shown some sympathy for murdered victims...rather says a lot about you

Lyall

  • Guest
Re: Journalist Sonia Poulton promises "The untold story of Madeleine McCann".
« Reply #433 on: January 08, 2015, 02:15:04 PM »
I think it is in terrible taste...she should have at least shown some sympathy for murdered victims...rather says a lot about you

No it doesn't. It's perfectly legitimate, healthy (and democratic!) for people to point out that some are using this tragedy to further their own agendas.

Lyall

  • Guest
Re: Journalist Sonia Poulton promises "The untold story of Madeleine McCann".
« Reply #434 on: January 08, 2015, 02:15:52 PM »
As I say, there is usually a good reason for blocking people.

I have always found you to be the soul of reason and polite with it ... so I would say from my slight acquaintance with you that if Kay Burley blocked you ...
     8(8-))  it might be as a result of the company you keep   8(8-))

 8)-))) Probably right.