Author Topic: Jeremy Corbyn for PM!!  (Read 242089 times)

Lyall

Re: Jeremy Corbyn for PM!!
« Reply #195 on: September 16, 2015, 03:21:09 PM »
I doubt he's the only one.  Out of interest do you think it matters which way up the Union Jack is hung?  Wouldn't a red flag be far easier?  8(0(*

Power to the People ?{)(**

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #196 on: September 16, 2015, 03:28:15 PM »
To get back to the thread, the general consensus seems to be that Corbyn did OK at PMQ's. Using questions from the public was a smart move.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Alfred R Jones

« Reply #197 on: September 16, 2015, 03:33:56 PM »
To get back to the thread, the general consensus seems to be that Corbyn did OK at PMQ's. Using questions from the public was a smart move.
Good for him, he must be mighty relieved he didn't give the media any ammunition on this occasion.

Online Eleanor

« Reply #198 on: September 16, 2015, 03:45:14 PM »
The Queen is much respected and admired, but even she got it wrong when Diana died. Opinions can change very quickly.

I don't think she did get it wrong about Diana, and I am not alone.  And who knows what she decided to do, or what she was bullied into.  She had two grieving grandsons on her hands who were far more important at the time.

Lyall

« Reply #199 on: September 16, 2015, 03:50:32 PM »
I don't think she did get it wrong about Diana, and I am not alone.  And who knows what she decided to do, or what she was bullied into.  She had two grieving grandsons on her hands who were far more important at the time.

Then you, Queen and David Starkey were united on that occasion.

All of you living in denial together.

Alfred R Jones

« Reply #200 on: September 16, 2015, 03:52:51 PM »

No need to be nasty.

Online Eleanor

« Reply #201 on: September 16, 2015, 03:53:21 PM »

Denial of what?

Lyall

« Reply #202 on: September 16, 2015, 04:00:09 PM »

Lyall

« Reply #203 on: September 16, 2015, 04:03:25 PM »
Denial of what?

The nation's (or most of it) regard for Diana. I was no fan but at least she communicated with ordinary folk and didn't behave like we were still in the 19th century.

If you say the 'Monarchy' is more popular now than ever, it's her sons (and their partners) responsible for it, not the rest of that family.

Alfred R Jones

« Reply #204 on: September 16, 2015, 04:13:48 PM »
The nation's (or most of it) regard for Diana. I was no fan but at least she communicated with ordinary folk and didn't behave like we were still in the 19th century.

If you say the 'Monarchy' is more popular now than ever, it's her sons (and their partners) responsible for it, not the rest of that family.
The Queen was 'monstered' by the mawkish media at the time, just as Corbyn is now, I  thought you'd have more sympathy with her position tbh.

Lyall

« Reply #205 on: September 16, 2015, 04:23:01 PM »
The Queen was 'monstered' by the mawkish media at the time, just as Corbyn is now, I  thought you'd have more sympathy with her position tbh.

Nah. All they wanted her to do was fly the flag at half-mast, but the royalists kept bleating "Tradition! Tradition!". Say no more.

Alfred R Jones

« Reply #206 on: September 16, 2015, 04:25:02 PM »
Nah. All they wanted her to do was fly the flag at half-mast, but the royalists kept bleating "Tradition! Tradition!". Say no more.
She was bullied into it, in much the same way as Corbyn has been bullied into singing the NA.  Amazed you refuse to see the parallels.

Lyall

« Reply #207 on: September 16, 2015, 04:33:22 PM »
She was bullied into it, in much the same way as Corbyn has been bullied into singing the NA.  Amazed you refuse to see the parallels.

Bullied into flying a flag at half-mast? If that was some huge trauma then that says it all. They must have been as detached as the Romanovs.

The media would done as privately briefed, as they usually do, but couldn't ignore the people on the streets. Sometimes you just can't ignore the people! Unless you're the Windsors that is.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2015, 04:36:50 PM by Lyall »

Online Eleanor

« Reply #208 on: September 16, 2015, 04:40:06 PM »
Bullied into flying a flag at half-mast? If that was some huge trauma then that says it all. They must have been as detached as the Romanovs.

The media would done as privately briefed, as they usually do, but couldn't ignore the people on the streets. Sometimes you just can't ignore the people! Unless you're the Windsors that is.

You can't fly a flag at half mast if there is no flag.

Lyall

« Reply #209 on: September 16, 2015, 04:42:42 PM »
You can't fly a flag at half mast if there is no flag.

There was one in the cupboard though 8(0(*