Author Topic: Jeremy Corbyn for PM!!  (Read 240603 times)

Offline G-Unit

Re: Jeremy Corbyn for PM!!
« Reply #330 on: September 21, 2015, 08:49:50 AM »
NB: I see the Tory press have printed all sorts of wild stories about Caneron this morning - I trust you will all be very vocal in condemning such bullying!

Do you mean the story about him and a certain animal in 'Call Me Dave?  @)(++(*
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Alfred R Jones

« Reply #331 on: September 21, 2015, 09:22:27 AM »
Do you mean the story about him and a certain animal in 'Call Me Dave?  @)(++(*
Yes I do.  Now, had such a story been dredged up about dear old Jez, I'm sure you (or if not you then other Corbynistas) would be ranting about smears, bullying and evil Tory press s..m, etc etc - am I right or am I right (and I don't mean in my politics...)?

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #332 on: September 21, 2015, 10:07:13 AM »
Yes I do.  Now, had such a story been dredged up about dear old Jez, I'm sure you (or if not you then other Corbynistas) would be ranting about smears, bullying and evil Tory press s..m, etc etc - am I right or am I right (and I don't mean in my politics...)?

The interesting thing is that this story comes from a biography written by a Tory. With friends like that Dave doesn't need enemies. The best the papers could find on Corbyn was his great great grandad was a rather nasty workhouse official who bullied the poor; obviously he was  a Tory at heart.  @)(++(*

Both stories demonstrate the futility of either reading or giving credence to newspaper stories.
Result = happy posting.

Alfred R Jones

« Reply #333 on: September 21, 2015, 10:23:11 AM »
The interesting thing is that this story comes from a biography written by a Tory. With friends like that Dave doesn't need enemies. The best the papers could find on Corbyn was his great great grandad was a rather nasty workhouse official who bullied the poor; obviously he was  a Tory at heart.  @)(++(*

Both stories demonstrate the futility of either reading or giving credence to newspaper stories.
Why so?  If the story is a blatant lie then Dave will have no choice but to sue won't he?  Or at least that's the logic I've seen used around these parts when it comes to smeary stories in the press about others. 

I note you failed to actually answer my question btw.  Is it not true that the Tory s..m press could have chosen to ignore this book?  The fact that they have leapt upon this particular detail with glee seems to demonstrate to me that they'd print a damning story about their own grandmothers in order to sell a paper and that no one in the public eye (particularly those who put themselves forward as leaders and do-gooders) is safe from being picked on, exposed and ridiculed.  Which, if you're in favour of a free press, is what you have to expect, even if you're as saintly and altruistic as  Jeremy Corbyn.

Lyall

« Reply #334 on: September 21, 2015, 10:28:50 AM »
It shows some of his colleagues want to get rid of him (but we already knew that).

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #335 on: September 21, 2015, 11:04:02 AM »
Why so?  If the story is a blatant lie then Dave will have no choice but to sue won't he?  Or at least that's the logic I've seen used around these parts when it comes to smeary stories in the press about others. 

I note you failed to actually answer my question btw.  Is it not true that the Tory s..m press could have chosen to ignore this book?  The fact that they have leapt upon this particular detail with glee seems to demonstrate to me that they'd print a damning story about their own grandmothers in order to sell a paper and that no one in the public eye (particularly those who put themselves forward as leaders and do-gooders) is safe from being picked on, exposed and ridiculed.  Which, if you're in favour of a free press, is what you have to expect, even if you're as saintly and altruistic as  Jeremy Corbyn.

I'm in favour of a press which is free to inform, investigate and even amuse. I'm not in favour of a press which resorts to ridicule and bullying of anyone. The stories the press write are often, as you say, merely written to sell newspapers and they are aimed at the lowest common denominator. If anyone wants to learn anything worth knowing the newspapers should, on the whole, be avoided imo.
Result = happy posting.

Lyall

« Reply #336 on: September 21, 2015, 11:07:57 AM »
I would avoid Twitter today, Alfred @)(++(* There is much hilarity.

Alfred R Jones

« Reply #337 on: September 21, 2015, 11:19:41 AM »
I would avoid Twitter today, Alfred @)(++(* There is much hilarity.
Of course there is - what makes you think I'd be remotely bothered?  I know you have me pegged as a Tory, but as I have already said I've never once voted for them, sorry to disappoint.

Alfred R Jones

« Reply #338 on: September 21, 2015, 11:21:25 AM »
It shows some of his colleagues want to get rid of him (but we already knew that).
So - no one is safe then - everyone of any and every political persuasion is free game as far as the press are concerned.  Last week it was Corbyn, this week Cameron, next week...?

Lyall

« Reply #339 on: September 21, 2015, 11:24:05 AM »
Of course there is - what makes you think I'd be remotely bothered?  I know you have me pegged as a Tory, but as I have already said I've never once voted for them, sorry to disappoint.

You sounded bothered. Why not regard this Mail report the way you regard smears against Corbyn, you asked.

Well, Cameron's only got where he is with the backing of those papers now having a go at him. If you live by the sword...

Lyall

« Reply #340 on: September 21, 2015, 11:27:24 AM »
So - no one is safe then - everyone of any and every political persuasion is free game as far as the press are concerned.  Last week it was Corbyn, this week Cameron, next week...?

The Mail is serialising a book, written by a former Tory treasurer/donor? They probably already knew this rumour, but never printed it until the book was published.

Serialising a book isn't the same thing as indulging in a sustained campaign day after day against an individual.

Alfred R Jones

« Reply #341 on: September 21, 2015, 12:34:09 PM »
You sounded bothered. Why not regard this Mail report the way you regard smears against Corbyn, you asked.

Well, Cameron's only got where he is with the backing of those papers now having a go at him. If you live by the sword...
I actually think its highly likely that the story about Dave is true, or at least based on truth.  And if there's a photo then it will doubtless surface now.  I think it's utterly hilarious but if it pleases you to imagine I'm crying in front of my laptop over it then fill yer boots.

Alfred R Jones

« Reply #342 on: September 21, 2015, 12:35:29 PM »
The Mail is serialising a book, written by a former Tory treasurer/donor? They probably already knew this rumour, but never printed it until the book was published.

Serialising a book isn't the same thing as indulging in a sustained campaign day after day against an individual.
ORLY?  Do you think the taint of face-f..king a pig will ever leave Dave now?  Let's hope they don't call in Eddie and Keela to verify the rumour.   @)(++(*

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #343 on: September 21, 2015, 01:04:23 PM »
The absolute panic of the establishment is very amusing. Does Corbyn really pose such a threat to their stranglehold on power? Now we have an un-named general allegedly predicting a military coup if Labour are elected to government with Corbyn as leader. How telling that they are so afraid of a man with principles.
Result = happy posting.

Alfred R Jones

« Reply #344 on: September 21, 2015, 01:47:16 PM »
The absolute panic of the establishment is very amusing. Does Corbyn really pose such a threat to their stranglehold on power? Now we have an un-named general allegedly predicting a military coup if Labour are elected to government with Corbyn as leader. How telling that they are so afraid of a man with principles.
If Corbyn's principles with regard to foreign policy and terrorism measures pose a threat to national security then anyone who cares about the future of this country has reason to be concerned.  Mind you, the fact that we also have (allegedly) a general in the army planning a military coup following a democratic election is equally worrying tbh!