Author Topic: Are the McCanns too sensitive to alternative points of view?  (Read 118933 times)

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline Brietta

Re: Are the McCanns too sensitive to alternative points of view?
« Reply #135 on: October 08, 2015, 04:51:31 PM »
TBH, that applies to both sides.

I don't think so Slarti.

You only have to locate the images portraying the newspaper headlines of 2007\08 ... the majority of which are wrong ... the majority of which are still believed ... and the majority of which vie with the covers of magazines encountered in the hairdresser or the dentist waiting room which vie unashamedly to be the most lurid and ludicrous.

I think anyone who has sustained and promoted the misinformation leaked to the press from 2007 onwards by joining in an internet hounding to perpetuate them ... perhaps should be answering questions rather than asking them.

Madeleine McCann is missing.
What exactly constitutes the "alternative point of view" to that? As far as I am concerned that remains the issue.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

stephen25000

  • Guest
Re: Are the McCanns too sensitive to alternative points of view?
« Reply #136 on: October 08, 2015, 05:02:59 PM »
STORY about child checking Angelo?    waiters state they saw them getting up to check.

Gerry walked out as he was told he mustn't speak about the investigation,  that is why they had a pact of silence they were told they would imprisoned if any of them spoke out about the investigation.

It does not mean they checked.

Offline Benice

Re: Are the McCanns too sensitive to alternative points of view?
« Reply #137 on: October 08, 2015, 05:30:52 PM »
Did i say I would do nothing if I was libelled? I don't remember saying that, are you making an assumption?

You believe the McCanns and their friends told the truth and that is your right, just as it is mine to disbelieve them. If you don't believe every word they say, perhaps you could give an example of something they have said which you don't believe?

Well could you please clarify whether or not you would take action against anyone publicly libelling you in the way  I mentioned?

I said I believed the McCanns told the truth, but because of the falllibility of memory that doesn't mean that what they remembered could be guaranteed to be accurate.

I believe Gerry was wrong about which side of the street he stood on talking to Jez.   The reason I believe that is because two other people - JT and Jez both remember it being on the opposite side of the road. 

I do not believe any of them lied. 



The notion that innocence prevails over guilt – when there is no evidence to the contrary – is what separates civilization from barbarism.    Unfortunately, there are remains of barbarism among us.    Until very recently, it headed the PJ in Portimão. I hope he was the last one.
                                               Henrique Monteiro, chief editor, Expresso, Portugal

Offline Eleanor

Re: Are the McCanns too sensitive to alternative points of view?
« Reply #138 on: October 08, 2015, 05:37:21 PM »

I do not disbelieve anything that The McCanns have said.  It all makes perfect sense to me.

Offline Mr Gray

Re: Are the McCanns too sensitive to alternative points of view?
« Reply #139 on: October 08, 2015, 05:40:27 PM »
I do not disbelieve anything that The McCanns have said.  It all makes perfect sense to me.

They have made absolute perfect sense to me too

Offline Benice

Re: Are the McCanns too sensitive to alternative points of view?
« Reply #140 on: October 08, 2015, 05:44:00 PM »
But ignoring the glaring differences!

The claim was made that there was no comparison between the two cases.

I listed various points which show there are comparisons between the two cases.

I did not claim they were identical cases.

The notion that innocence prevails over guilt – when there is no evidence to the contrary – is what separates civilization from barbarism.    Unfortunately, there are remains of barbarism among us.    Until very recently, it headed the PJ in Portimão. I hope he was the last one.
                                               Henrique Monteiro, chief editor, Expresso, Portugal

Offline G-Unit

Re: Are the McCanns too sensitive to alternative points of view?
« Reply #141 on: October 08, 2015, 05:45:11 PM »
I judge you to have a problem with empathy based on the opinions you voice here, in the same way you judge the McCanns by what you've read, without really knowing them at all.  Most of the posts you make on the subject imply that you think them guilty of some wrong doing or other, and you seem to hold them responsible for your own actions.  It's quite bizarre.

You judge me? As i value your judgement not at all, feel free. What's bizarre is a group of people setting themselves up as the experts on truth and morality and attacking anyone who doesn't agree with them.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Eleanor

Re: Are the McCanns too sensitive to alternative points of view?
« Reply #142 on: October 08, 2015, 05:53:14 PM »
They have made absolute perfect sense to me too

I think it's called Logic and Common Sense.  And an ability to process information.

Offline G-Unit

Re: Are the McCanns too sensitive to alternative points of view?
« Reply #143 on: October 08, 2015, 06:26:13 PM »
Well could you please clarify whether or not you would take action against anyone publicly libelling you in the way  I mentioned?

I said I believed the McCanns told the truth, but because of the falllibility of memory that doesn't mean that what they remembered could be guaranteed to be accurate.

I believe Gerry was wrong about which side of the street he stood on talking to Jez.   The reason I believe that is because two other people - JT and Jez both remember it being on the opposite side of the road. 

I do not believe any of them lied.

Calling me an alcoholic shoplifter you mean? Why that in particular I wonder? Oh well. I would probably laugh because I haven't had an alcoholic drink for years, and I am completely honest. Everyone who knows me would laugh uproariously too. Then I might call up the newspaper and ask where on earth they got the story and give them the true facts.

I'm sure the 'fallibility of memory' idea is sufficient to satisfy you, but why do you think that? Two of the degrees which need a better than average memory are medicine and law. Six doctors and a lawyer seem to have memories like sieves in this case. I remember more about the night of 3rd May than they do. Kate McCann had a bath and a shower. David Payne forgot he saw Kate in a towel. Kate saw open curtains which became closed. Gerry thought he was at high tea to collect Madeleine but wasn't seen there. He had no idea who left the table to check on their children. He missed the fact that Russell's daughter was sick and Russell was missing for a while. He wasn't listening when the jokes about Jane 'relieving Russell' were going round the table. He didn't remember which door he used. He didn't remember which side of the road he was on. Matthew thought the McCann children's bedroom had two windows. He also thought he could see a child through the solid end of a travel cot. Kate forgot she told the other women she was worried about leaving the patio doors open, and has since said repeatedly that she never even thought about it. I could go on, but I'm sure you've got the picture now.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline faithlilly

Re: Are the McCanns too sensitive to alternative points of view?
« Reply #144 on: October 08, 2015, 06:32:55 PM »
Calling me an alcoholic shoplifter you mean? Why that in particular I wonder? Oh well. I would probably laugh because I haven't had an alcoholic drink for years, and I am completely honest. Everyone who knows me would laugh uproariously too. Then I might call up the newspaper and ask where on earth they got the story and give them the true facts.

I'm sure the 'fallibility of memory' idea is sufficient to satisfy you, but why do you think that? Two of the degrees which need a better than average memory are medicine and law. Six doctors and a lawyer seem to have memories like sieves in this case. I remember more about the night of 3rd May than they do. Kate McCann had a bath and a shower. David Payne forgot he saw Kate in a towel. Kate saw open curtains which became closed. Gerry thought he was at high tea to collect Madeleine but wasn't seen there. He had no idea who left the table to check on their children. He missed the fact that Russell's daughter was sick and Russell was missing for a while. He wasn't listening when the jokes about Jane 'relieving Russell' were going round the table. He didn't remember which door he used. He didn't remember which side of the road he was on. Matthew thought the McCann children's bedroom had two windows. He also thought he could see a child through the solid end of a travel cot. Kate forgot she told the other women she was worried about leaving the patio doors open, and has since said repeatedly that she never even thought about it. I could go on, but I'm sure you've got the picture now.

Another excellent post G-Unit.
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Offline Benice

Re: Are the McCanns too sensitive to alternative points of view?
« Reply #145 on: October 08, 2015, 06:37:08 PM »
Let's face it, the McCanns have attempted to understate their own culpability from the beginning.  The hastily put together story about the child checking was just the beginning.  They knew from those first hours that they were going to be criticised and by their own parents.  The refusal to answer questions is a recurring theme with them, remember those interviews which Gerry walked out on?

The only interview I know of that Gerry walked out of was the one where although it was made clear beforehand that they were not allowed to discuss the case as that would be breaking the secrecy laws -  the first thing the interviewer did was ask questions about the case.

IIRC Gerry pointed that out as he wearily left the room.

As for the 48 questions - have you ever read them?   IMO Amaral and co had already decided Kate was guilty and now they needed to come up with a motive - and that was the main aim of that interview.   

Questions like the following are a clue to the direction they were going in IMO.  Especially question No. 41.

39. Are the twins difficult to get to sleep? Are they restless and does that cause you uneasiness?

40.  Is it true that sometimes you despaired with your children’s behaviour and that left you feeling very uneasy?

41. Is it true that in England you even considered handing over Madeleine’s custody to a relative?

The notion that innocence prevails over guilt – when there is no evidence to the contrary – is what separates civilization from barbarism.    Unfortunately, there are remains of barbarism among us.    Until very recently, it headed the PJ in Portimão. I hope he was the last one.
                                               Henrique Monteiro, chief editor, Expresso, Portugal

Offline Mr Gray

Re: Are the McCanns too sensitive to alternative points of view?
« Reply #146 on: October 08, 2015, 06:58:28 PM »
Calling me an alcoholic shoplifter you mean? Why that in particular I wonder? Oh well. I would probably laugh because I haven't had an alcoholic drink for years, and I am completely honest. Everyone who knows me would laugh uproariously too. Then I might call up the newspaper and ask where on earth they got the story and give them the true facts.

I'm sure the 'fallibility of memory' idea is sufficient to satisfy you, but why do you think that? Two of the degrees which need a better than average memory are medicine and law. Six doctors and a lawyer seem to have memories like sieves in this case. I remember more about the night of 3rd May than they do. Kate McCann had a bath and a shower. David Payne forgot he saw Kate in a towel. Kate saw open curtains which became closed. Gerry thought he was at high tea to collect Madeleine but wasn't seen there. He had no idea who left the table to check on their children. He missed the fact that Russell's daughter was sick and Russell was missing for a while. He wasn't listening when the jokes about Jane 'relieving Russell' were going round the table. He didn't remember which door he used. He didn't remember which side of the road he was on. Matthew thought the McCann children's bedroom had two windows. He also thought he could see a child through the solid end of a travel cot. Kate forgot she told the other women she was worried about leaving the patio doors open, and has since said repeatedly that she never even thought about it. I could go on, but I'm sure you've got the picture now.

your reliance on statements that have been translated twice makes your argument very weak. I too do not believe the mccanns have told any lies. The fact that you question their honesty is highly insulting towards them

Offline G-Unit

Re: Are the McCanns too sensitive to alternative points of view?
« Reply #147 on: October 08, 2015, 07:02:57 PM »
your reliance on statements that have been translated twice makes your argument very weak. I too do not believe the mccanns have told any lies. The fact that you question their honesty is highly insulting towards them

I think that people who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones. You question people's honesty and integrity all the time.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Mr Gray

Re: Are the McCanns too sensitive to alternative points of view?
« Reply #148 on: October 08, 2015, 07:04:51 PM »
I think that people who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones. You question people's honesty and integrity all the time.

people on here question mine...I didn't say you have no right to....I said it was insulting and it is

stephen25000

  • Guest
Re: Are the McCanns too sensitive to alternative points of view?
« Reply #149 on: October 08, 2015, 07:14:36 PM »
I don't think so Slarti.

You only have to locate the images portraying the newspaper headlines of 2007\08 ... the majority of which are wrong ... the majority of which are still believed ... and the majority of which vie with the covers of magazines encountered in the hairdresser or the dentist waiting room which vie unashamedly to be the most lurid and ludicrous.

I think anyone who has sustained and promoted the misinformation leaked to the press from 2007 onwards by joining in an internet hounding to perpetuate them ... perhaps should be answering questions rather than asking them.

Madeleine McCann is missing.
What exactly constitutes the "alternative point of view" to that? As far as I am concerned that remains the issue.

It should have dawned on you by now that many people don't believe the mccanns story, and it has nothing to do with Amaral either.