Author Topic: Are the McCanns too sensitive to alternative points of view?  (Read 119007 times)

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline Benice

Re: Are the McCanns too sensitive to alternative points of view?
« Reply #345 on: October 10, 2015, 12:20:58 PM »
imo most parents would tell parents never to   do what they  did  in portugal ever but have the mcanns? NO??

That suggests the McCanns think that all other parents are too thick to work that out for themselves.

I can just imagine the comments if the McCanns started advising other parents not to do what they did.  They would be crucified for daring to preach to those people who would never dream of signing up for the Listening Service or to mirror it themselves.

Hopefully many of the parents who did do the the same as the McCanns will decide not to do it again after what happened to Madeleine   That won't be all of them of course as some people think that 'bad things' only ever happen to other people and if they've never had a problem themselves, they will carry on in the same way.   Such is human nature imo.

The notion that innocence prevails over guilt – when there is no evidence to the contrary – is what separates civilization from barbarism.    Unfortunately, there are remains of barbarism among us.    Until very recently, it headed the PJ in Portimão. I hope he was the last one.
                                               Henrique Monteiro, chief editor, Expresso, Portugal

Offline Brietta

Re: Are the McCanns too sensitive to alternative points of view?
« Reply #346 on: October 10, 2015, 12:23:53 PM »
imo most parents would tell parents never to   do what they  did  in portugal ever but have the mcanns? NO??

One of the more intriguing aspects of the campaigns directed against Madeleine McCann's parents and their campaign on her behalf is the role of the press.

There are journalists whose comment on Madeleine's case can be considered hostile or at the least unhelpful ... but I cannot recall anything pejorative ever being printed in the sports sections.

Recent events with a self declared 'sceptic' Murdoch sports journalist contacting like minded people, putting out feelers with an end to writing an article for his newspaper the Sunday Times.

If you remember the recent libel action taken and won against this newspaper ... brings the focus of thought on the impartiality of some journalists ~ some editors ~ and some proprietors.

It only takes one to start a maelstrom which keeps the twitterers, facebookers, forumistas et al in fodder till the next one.  Doesn't really matter too much if the original is discredited or not.

Apparently, according to those who know all, there are rich and powerful people controlling all this.  Seems they might have something after all. 

The question as always being CUI BONO? and maybe not just newspaper sales as long as Madeleine's family and their campaign for her can be discredited.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline G-Unit

Re: Are the McCanns too sensitive to alternative points of view?
« Reply #347 on: October 10, 2015, 12:52:59 PM »
They knew that many other people were already searching the resort.   IMO Kate was in such a state of terror and stress at that time - I doubt if she was capable of calm rational thought.   Her thoughts would be all over the place.

As I'm sure the Manager (can't recall his name at the mo) would have pointed out  - the police had been called and so they needed to be there to speak to them when they arrived - not out searching.   Once they did arrive their time would be taken up speaking to them. 

If I found myself plunged into every parent's worst nightmare - I would desperately want to speak to my family - even if they were only round the corner - and not hundreds of miles away.   I see nothing unnatural in that.    I would also be praying to God for help - which IMO  is something else normal people often do when they find themselves in a terrifying situation - even if they are not remotely religious.

IMO the idea that the McCanns should be thinking clearly and methodically at such a traumatic time is totally unrealistic.

As I predicted.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Eleanor

Re: Are the McCanns too sensitive to alternative points of view?
« Reply #348 on: October 10, 2015, 12:58:47 PM »
As I predicted.

How did you expect The McCanns to behave?

Offline Mr Gray

Re: Are the McCanns too sensitive to alternative points of view?
« Reply #349 on: October 10, 2015, 12:59:17 PM »
They knew that many other people were already searching the resort.   IMO Kate was in such a state of terror and stress at that time - I doubt if she was capable of calm rational thought.   Her thoughts would be all over the place.

As I'm sure the Manager (can't recall his name at the mo) would have pointed out  - the police had been called and so they needed to be there to speak to them when they arrived - not out searching.   Once they did arrive their time would be taken up speaking to them. 

If I found myself plunged into every parent's worst nightmare - I would desperately want to speak to my family - even if they were only round the corner - and not hundreds of miles away.   I see nothing unnatural in that.    I would also be praying to God for help - which IMO  is something else normal people often do when they find themselves in a terrifying situation - even if they are not remotely religious.

IMO the idea that the McCanns should be thinking clearly and methodically at such a traumatic time is totally unrealistic.

absolutely correct

Alfred R Jones

  • Guest
Re: Are the McCanns too sensitive to alternative points of view?
« Reply #350 on: October 10, 2015, 02:10:36 PM »
You can stop referring to empathy any time you like, it's very boring. I have repeatedly told you I don't feel it and why, so you're wasting time and effort trying to suggest I'm some kind of monster.

Kate 'knew immediately'. That's a bit more definite than an 'instinctive feeling'. Most mothers with the slightest hope that her child had wandered would have to be held back from searching the resort from end to end, calling for her daughter until her voice gave out. Obviously I don't expect any supporters to agree with me. In their world she did the best thing by phoning lots of people to tell them of the 'abduction'; fait accompli.
you may be bored by my repeated referral to your apparent lack of empathy just as I am bored by your continual griping and insinuations about the McCanns, Kate in particular.  I don't suppose for one moment you plan to stop anytime doing this anytime soon, so all the while you continue to display your lack of empathy I will continue to point it out, boring as you may find it.

Offline mercury

Re: Are the McCanns too sensitive to alternative points of view?
« Reply #351 on: October 10, 2015, 06:43:39 PM »
you may be bored by my repeated referral to your apparent lack of empathy just as I am bored by your continual griping and insinuations about the McCanns, Kate in particular.  I don't suppose for one moment you plan to stop anytime doing this anytime soon, so all the while you continue to display your lack of empathy I will continue to point it out, boring as you may find it.

What kind of logic dictates your demand for anyone who has doubts about the truth of the matter to feel empathy? And by extension your perceived duty to keep pointing this apparently mandatory feeling or lack of out? Or do you think having justifiable suspicions should be made a thought crime? As well as "griping". How about your constant insinuations about everyone who doesn't tow your particular line?

 &%+((£

Alfred R Jones

  • Guest
Re: Are the McCanns too sensitive to alternative points of view?
« Reply #352 on: October 10, 2015, 07:22:02 PM »
What kind of logic dictates your demand for anyone who has doubts about the truth of the matter to feel empathy? And by extension your perceived duty to keep pointing this apparently mandatory feeling or lack of out? Or do you think having justifiable suspicions should be made a thought crime? As well as "griping". How about your constant insinuations about everyone who doesn't tow your particular line?

 &%+((£
To answer your questions in full:
1) I'm not demanding anything.
2) don't understand the question, please re-phrase.
3)no
4) How about it?  It's a free country and if you're entitled to say what you like and insinuate what you like then so am I.

Offline G-Unit

Re: Are the McCanns too sensitive to alternative points of view?
« Reply #353 on: October 10, 2015, 07:23:22 PM »
you may be bored by my repeated referral to your apparent lack of empathy just as I am bored by your continual griping and insinuations about the McCanns, Kate in particular.  I don't suppose for one moment you plan to stop anytime doing this anytime soon, so all the while you continue to display your lack of empathy I will continue to point it out, boring as you may find it.

I will reserve my empathy for Madeleine McCann. Whatever happened to that child she certainly suffered and could still be suffering. To empathise with someone you have to be able to put yourself in their shoes. What the Mccanns did is so far out of my experience it's impossible for me to imagine how they feel.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline mercury

Re: Are the McCanns too sensitive to alternative points of view?
« Reply #354 on: October 10, 2015, 07:25:40 PM »
To answer your questions in full:
1) I'm not demanding anything.
2) don't understand the question, please re-phrase.
3)no
4) How about it?  It's a free country and if you're entitled to say what you like and insinuate what you like then so am I.

Rephrase what exactly? my post was perfectly clear, in full!

Offline Admin

Re: Are the McCanns too sensitive to alternative points of view?
« Reply #355 on: October 10, 2015, 07:57:53 PM »
Several warnings have already been given over the last few days in respect of derogatory personal comments and goading remarks being posted.  If this conduct continues the member posting these comments will be suspended.

Admin
« Last Edit: October 10, 2015, 08:07:43 PM by Admin »

Offline Mr Gray

Re: Are the McCanns too sensitive to alternative points of view?
« Reply #356 on: October 10, 2015, 08:00:05 PM »
I will reserve my empathy for Madeleine McCann. Whatever happened to that child she certainly suffered and could still be suffering. To empathise with someone you have to be able to put yourself in their shoes. What the Mccanns did is so far out of my experience it's impossible for me to imagine how they feel.

so do you have any sympathy for the mccanns

Alfred R Jones

  • Guest
Re: Are the McCanns too sensitive to alternative points of view?
« Reply #357 on: October 10, 2015, 08:09:52 PM »
I will reserve my empathy for Madeleine McCann. Whatever happened to that child she certainly suffered and could still be suffering. To empathise with someone you have to be able to put yourself in their shoes. What the Mccanns did is so far out of my experience it's impossible for me to imagine how they feel.
Are you unable to imagine how you might feel and act if your child disappears from her bed?  We know you believe you would spend the rest of your adult life walking the streets knocking on doors and searchingnevery village, town city and country personally, but in the immediate aftermath of the disappearance can you understand how you might feel?  Desperate?  Confused?  Panicked? Convinced something really bad had happened?  Willing to sacrifice a cheap child's activity book to write down a timeline of events to help the police understand what happened?  Or none of the above?

Alfred R Jones

  • Guest
Re: Are the McCanns too sensitive to alternative points of view?
« Reply #358 on: October 10, 2015, 08:12:00 PM »
Rephrase what exactly? my post was perfectly clear, in full!
Your second question was unanswerable, I suggest you re-read it and re-phrase it if you would like an answer.

Offline G-Unit

Re: Are the McCanns too sensitive to alternative points of view?
« Reply #359 on: October 10, 2015, 08:22:16 PM »
Are you unable to imagine how you might feel and act if your child disappears from her bed?  We know you believe you would spend the rest of your adult life walking the streets knocking on doors and searchingnevery village, town city and country personally, but in the immediate aftermath of the disappearance can you understand how you might feel?  Desperate?  Confused?  Panicked? Convinced something really bad had happened?  Willing to sacrifice a cheap child's activity book to write down a timeline of events to help the police understand what happened?  Or none of the above?

I am perfectly able to imagine how I would feel if my child disappeared from her bed, thank you. What I can't imagine is how I would feel if it was due to me leaving three children under 5 in an unlocked apartment on holiday while I went out to eat.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0