Author Topic: Wandering Off Topic  (Read 1480633 times)

Offline Alice Purjorick

Re: Wandering Off Topic
« Reply #2295 on: July 28, 2017, 09:39:23 PM »
As long as we don't split the infinitive....... ?{)(**

I prefer mine pitted and dumped in a Gimlet  ?{)(**
"Navigating the difference between weird but normal grief and truly suspicious behaviour is the key for any detective worth his salt.". ….Sarah Bailey

Offline barrier

« Reply #2296 on: July 29, 2017, 11:54:09 AM »
"Its plainly obvious that at the moment the OG arm of SY do not know the whereabouts of the girl,they can't even tell you if she is dead or alive,£11+millions buys you that!"
Is entirely - In Your Opinion - unless you are able to affirm you have been taken into police confidence about the investigation into Madeleine McCann's case. Are you able to do that?

Of course you cannot.

Apart from your breach of forum protocol the thing which perplexes me is your declared antipathy as a taxpayer, to law and order. 

Question and answer to and from Rowley,note Rowley not my words.

Q: Do the significant lines of enquiry suggest to you Maddie is alive or dead?
MR: As I said earlier on we have no definitive evidence as to whether Maddie is alive or dead. We
have to keep an open mind that is why we describe it as a missing person enquiry. Of course we
understand why after so many years people would be pessimistic but we are keeping an open mind
and treating it as a missing person enquiry.

http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?topic=8138.30

Which breach of forum protocol would that be?
« Last Edit: July 29, 2017, 11:56:39 AM by barrier »
This is my own private domicile and I shall not be harassed, biatch:Jesse Pinkman Character.

Offline Brietta

« Reply #2297 on: July 29, 2017, 12:33:13 PM »
Question and answer to and from Rowley,note Rowley not my words.

http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?topic=8138.30

Which breach of forum protocol would that be?

Perhaps you missed the discussion on caveats? 

I endeavour not to delete posts which have in my opinion, slipped back into ignoring them ... is it your preference that I discontinue doing that?
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline misty

« Reply #2298 on: August 27, 2017, 08:26:15 PM »
It seems that certain little somebodies have been busy altering the wording of the PJ files online. The first snipped copy had been previously posted on here on a couple of occasions, as recently as Feb 2017. http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?topic=1620.1220;wap2

The veracity of the wording can be confirmed on an independent source http://madeleinemccann.org/blog/2014/04/20/pj-files-gnr-officer-statements/

Witness statement of GNR Dog Handler Antonio Freitas Silva...
snipped
That after having given the sniffer dog the towel and next to the residence of the missing girl, more specifically, next to apartment block 5A and 5, the first sniffer dog headed toward the door of that apartment. Immediately afterward, he headed in the direction of block 4, returned around block 5, and came down a road that exists between this block and the leisure area (pools, restaurants, etc). He turned right; in the direction of the aforementioned apartment and headed toward the main road. There, he crossed the street and next to the wall of block 6, turned right, and headed toward the contiguous parking area. More concretely, he headed next to a light post and sniffed the ground around that post. After this, he crossed the street again and headed toward the access zone to the restaurants and pool area, sniffing the door which was closed at that time. He again went to the parking zone, and at that point, lost the scent.
- When carrying out this operation with the second dog, he followed the same route, took the same direction and headed toward the light post in the parking lot mentioned above. He sniffed the area and at that point appeared to have lost the scent. The only difference was that this dog did not head toward the entrance of the restaurant or the pool area.
*emboldened part should read left not right as translated from Portuguese.

This is the latest version online which has been subtly altered to correspond with the diagram of the S&R dogs displayed in the files (someone suggested diagram prepared by the press not the PJ)

http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/ANTONIO_SILVA.htm

That after having smelt the aforementioned towel, next to the residence of the missing girl, more specifically next to block 5’s apartment 5A, the first tracker-dog headed toward the door of that apartment, soon whirled about in the direction of block 4, bypassing block 5 along a route (the corridor) that goes around that block and gives unto a path that runs between this block and the resort’s leisure area (pools, restaurants, etc). The dog went into the path on the left, heading toward the main road (Francisco Gentil Martins). Once there, he crossed the street and close to block 6’s wall, turned right, heading toward the contiguous parking area, more particularly toward a light post where he sniffed the ground. After this, he crossed the street again and headed toward the resort’s access zone, sniffing the door which was closed at that time. He again went to the parking zone, but finally lost interest in the search, i.e lost the scent.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If anyone is in any doubt that the PJ files cannot be relied upon in the form they have been presented on the internet then this alteration 9 years down the line must surely be proof of it.

Offline slartibartfast

« Reply #2299 on: August 27, 2017, 08:44:59 PM »
It seems that certain little somebodies have been busy altering the wording of the PJ files online. The first snipped copy had been previously posted on here on a couple of occasions, as recently as Feb 2017. http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?topic=1620.1220;wap2

The veracity of the wording can be confirmed on an independent source http://madeleinemccann.org/blog/2014/04/20/pj-files-gnr-officer-statements/

snipped
That after having given the sniffer dog the towel and next to the residence of the missing girl, more specifically, next to apartment block 5A and 5, the first sniffer dog headed toward the door of that apartment. Immediately afterward, he headed in the direction of block 4, returned around block 5, and came down a road that exists between this block and the leisure area (pools, restaurants, etc). He turned right; in the direction of the aforementioned apartment and headed toward the main road. There, he crossed the street and next to the wall of block 6, turned right, and headed toward the contiguous parking area. More concretely, he headed next to a light post and sniffed the ground around that post. After this, he crossed the street again and headed toward the access zone to the restaurants and pool area, sniffing the door which was closed at that time. He again went to the parking zone, and at that point, lost the scent.
- When carrying out this operation with the second dog, he followed the same route, took the same direction and headed toward the light post in the parking lot mentioned above. He sniffed the area and at that point appeared to have lost the scent. The only difference was that this dog did not head toward the entrance of the restaurant or the pool area.

This is the latest version online which has been subtly altered to correspond with the diagram of the S&R dogs displayed in the files (someone suggested diagram prepared by the press not the PJ)

That after having smelt the aforementioned towel, next to the residence of the missing girl, more specifically next to block 5’s apartment 5A, the first tracker-dog headed toward the door of that apartment, soon whirled about in the direction of block 4, bypassing block 5 along a route (the corridor) that goes around that block and gives unto a path that runs between this block and the resort’s leisure area (pools, restaurants, etc). The dog went into the path on the left, heading toward the main road (Francisco Gentil Martins). Once there, he crossed the street and close to block 6’s wall, turned right, heading toward the contiguous parking area, more particularly toward a light post where he sniffed the ground. After this, he crossed the street again and headed toward the resort’s access zone, sniffing the door which was closed at that time. He again went to the parking zone, but finally lost interest in the search, i.e lost the scent.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If anyone is in any doubt that the PJ files cannot be relied upon in the form they have been presented on the internet then this alteration 9 years down the line must surely be proof of it.

So you believe an incorrect translation should be left?
“Reasoning will never make a Man correct an ill Opinion, which by Reasoning he never acquired”.

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #2300 on: August 27, 2017, 08:49:37 PM »
It should be clear to a translator whether it says left or right.  So I'm tending to think this is more a correction of the actual statement by the translator.
Does anyone read Portuguese?
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline misty

« Reply #2301 on: August 27, 2017, 08:56:15 PM »

Yes, as like many other documents it has been used in many an online discussion over the years as "evidence".
 The revised copy should be posted underneath with an explanation for the errors.

Offline misty

« Reply #2302 on: August 27, 2017, 08:57:38 PM »
It should be clear to a translator whether it says left or right.  So I'm tending to think this is more a correction of the actual statement by the translator.
Does anyone read Portuguese?

It's a bit more than just left or right, Rob. The original translation does not mention the main road as being Gentil da Martins.

Offline sadie

« Reply #2303 on: August 27, 2017, 10:48:33 PM »

snipped

Well spotted misty
Not only the files, but G Earth has been altered too, in several places

I cant prove it as simply as you have but I know that it has been altered, because i have seen before and after on GE ... and sometimes the actual place in real life.

Offline Brietta

« Reply #2304 on: August 28, 2017, 02:18:16 AM »

snipped

I think that is a profound post, Misty, which illustrates perfectly why "the files" just cannot be accepted as if they originated on Mount Sinai.

Your capability in researching and pin pointing these facts leaves me in awe.
You and Pegasus made a great team.  You on one side of the divide and Pegasus on the other but both motivated by truth.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline misty

« Reply #2305 on: August 28, 2017, 02:32:43 AM »
I think that is a profound post, Misty, which illustrates perfectly why "the files" just cannot be accepted as if they originated on Mount Sinai.

Your capability in researching and pin pointing these facts leaves me in awe.
You and Pegasus made a great team.  You on one side of the divide and Pegasus on the other but both motivated by truth.

I will confess something elsewhere prompted me to look at Silva's statement earlier & when I read the current online version I knew straight away that it had been altered - hence I checked the original version from posts on here. I'm nowhere near being in Pegasus's league but I live & learn.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2017, 02:39:03 AM by misty »

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #2306 on: August 28, 2017, 02:41:54 AM »
I will confess something elsewhere prompted me to look at Silva's statement earlier & when I read the current online version I knew straight away that it had been altered - hence I checked the original version from posts on here. I'm nowhere near being in Pegasus's league but I live & learn.
Is that right?
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline sadie

« Reply #2307 on: August 28, 2017, 09:30:08 AM »

You are an absolute treasure misty.

And Pegasus was.  Do hope that he is OK

Offline Brietta

« Reply #2308 on: August 30, 2017, 11:52:24 PM »
Maelys de Araujo: Police fear French girl who went missing from wedding may have been kidnapped
Investigators said ‘criminal possibility’ cannot be ruled out after sniffer dogs lost their trail for the nine-year-old in a car park

Jeff Farrell

Kidnappers may have taken a nine-year-old girl who vanished from a wedding in the French Alps, police said.

Maelys de Araujo was last seen in a play room in the village hall in Chambery, a small town in the Pont-de-Beauvoisin region of southeastern France.

She disappeared at some point after 3am on Sunday morning.

Police launched a massive hunt after she was declared formally missing for 48 hours. They said a “criminal possibility" cannot be ruled out.

Guests initially searched for the girl at the hall after a DJ announced that she had disappeared from the wedding party, which she had attended with her parents and older sister.

One of the wedding guests, Grégoire, told Le Parisien newspaper: "The DJ for the evening announced on the microphone that a child had disappeared. Suddenly, everyone started searching, in the main hall and outside.

"It was anguish. To see the disappearance of a nine-year-old, that's not nothing. We initially thought she must be asleep in a corner after a game of hide-and-seek. After an hour, as we'd found nothing, the police were alerted."

After they alerted the police, around 100 officers, including divers and dog handlers, launched a massive search for the girl, trawling through dense woodland and a nearby river. But their search came up empty handed.

Investigators now believe de Araujo may have been taken in a vehicle after the three sniffer dogs tracking her scent, lost her trail in the car park outside the village hall in Pont-de-Beauvoisin.

Regional police chief Yves Marzin said: “One of the possible theories is that little Maelys left in a car, one way or another."

Detectives believe it is more likely with “each passing hour” that de Araujo was kidnapped than the possibility that she was involved in an accident or ran away.

“Given the time that has elapsed since the disappearance of young Maelys and given the resources that have been sadly deployed in vain to find her, the criminal possibility can no longer be ruled out,” local prosecutor Dietlind Baudoin told a news conference.

But she warned against “making hasty conclusions” in the search for the girl, whose family are believed to be from the nearby department of Jura.

Locals have helped in an appeal to find the missing girl, who has brown hair and hazel eyes, and have placed posters in the windows of bars and shops in Pont-de-Beauvoisin.

Police are questioning the 180 people who attended the wedding as well as people at two other parties held in the town over the weekend.

So far, 140 people out of a total of 250 have been questioned, according to Didier Plunian, who heads the region’s search and rescue unit.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/maelys-de-araujo-missing-girl-wedding-kidnapping-france-alps-french-police-pont-de-beauvoisin-a7919486.html

Offline Alice Purjorick

« Reply #2309 on: September 05, 2017, 07:44:41 PM »
See current breaking news re Bell Pottinger.
Apparently they made a name for themselves working for clients who were "reputationally difficult".
« Last Edit: September 05, 2017, 08:05:47 PM by Alice Purjorick »
"Navigating the difference between weird but normal grief and truly suspicious behaviour is the key for any detective worth his salt.". ….Sarah Bailey