Author Topic: Wandering Off Topic  (Read 267872 times)

Vertigo Swirl, ShiningInLuz (+ 1 Hidden) and 19 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline Miss Taken Identity

Re: Wandering Off Topic
« Reply #4800 on: January 09, 2019, 08:23:13 PM »
I wonder what the stats for the UK are.
'Never underestimate the power of stupid people'... George Carlin

Online G-Unit

« Reply #4801 on: January 09, 2019, 10:55:20 PM »
According to their missing persons page there are only 33 missing people (including children) in the whole country.  Astounding really.

Perhaps they use a more precise meaning of missing. Adults who deliberately go missing have committed no offense, it's quite legal to disappear if someone wants to. Children who are abducted by a parent aren't technically missing as it's known who they're with, even if their exact location isn't known. Teenage runaways are technically missing, but will not always be forced to return if they had good reasons for leaving. The term 'missing' includes a lot of different scenarios.
Accept nothing
Believe no-one
Confirm everything

Online Vertigo Swirl

« Reply #4802 on: January 09, 2019, 11:00:11 PM »
Perhaps they use a more precise meaning of missing. Adults who deliberately go missing have committed no offense, it's quite legal to disappear if someone wants to. Children who are abducted by a parent aren't technically missing as it's known who they're with, even if their exact location isn't known. Teenage runaways are technically missing, but will not always be forced to return if they had good reasons for leaving. The term 'missing' includes a lot of different scenarios.
I don't think that's it.  One of the missing children on their website was taken by her father for example.  And - who decides if an adult has deliberately gone missing or not?  Teenage runaways are usually very vulnerable for one reason or another - why wouldn't they be on a police website of missing people? 
"Oh dear. Madeleine McCann trending. That's twitterspeak for 'And now, the absolute worst of humanity.'" -
David Baddiel

Offline Lace

« Reply #4803 on: January 11, 2019, 06:41:27 PM »
Why weren't the neighbours  of the McCann's not interviewed by the PJ?    Robert Murat for example.  I know he was interviewed  later on but why didn't the Police interview him and Mrs Fenn the day after Madeleine went missing?   Especially as Tanner man was walking in the direction of his house.

Online G-Unit

« Reply #4804 on: January 11, 2019, 07:48:47 PM »
Why weren't the neighbours  of the McCann's not interviewed by the PJ?    Robert Murat for example.  I know he was interviewed  later on but why didn't the Police interview him and Mrs Fenn the day after Madeleine went missing?   Especially as Tanner man was walking in the direction of his house.

There was a door knocking exercise, perhaps they were out or answered the door and saif they knew nothing. Jeremy Wilkins was visited, but he didn't tell them he had seen Gerry McCann the previous evening, did he? I don't suppose it seemed relevant at the time. When Gerry told the PJ about it they had it checked out by LP.
Accept nothing
Believe no-one
Confirm everything

Online ShiningInLuz

« Reply #4805 on: January 11, 2019, 11:43:38 PM »
Draw a circle based on the radius from 5A to Murat's house.  Count the number of properties in that circle.  How many men do you need to interview all of them the next day?
« Last Edit: January 11, 2019, 11:46:34 PM by ShiningInLuz »
Portelas installed. Plus Gonšalo!  And F1!  And the World Cup!

Offline Lace

« Reply #4806 on: January 12, 2019, 11:15:10 AM »
There was a door knocking exercise, perhaps they were out or answered the door and saif they knew nothing. Jeremy Wilkins was visited, but he didn't tell them he had seen Gerry McCann the previous evening, did he? I don't suppose it seemed relevant at the time. When Gerry told the PJ about it they had it checked out by LP.

IMO Jeremy Wilkins was visited as Gerry had met him and chatted with him.   That was taken seriously,  why wasn't the man Jane saw taken seriously and the houses around where Jane saw the man headed visited?

Where did you get the information that there was a 'door knocking exercise' ?

Offline Lace

« Reply #4807 on: January 12, 2019, 11:16:31 AM »
Draw a circle based on the radius from 5A to Murat's house.  Count the number of properties in that circle.  How many men do you need to interview all of them the next day?

Sorry that is irrelevent.  Door to door is normal Policee procedure as far as I'm concerned.

Online G-Unit

« Reply #4808 on: January 12, 2019, 11:51:33 AM »
IMO Jeremy Wilkins was visited as Gerry had met him and chatted with him.   That was taken seriously,  why wasn't the man Jane saw taken seriously and the houses around where Jane saw the man headed visited?

Where did you get the information that there was a 'door knocking exercise' ?

We visited 443 homes, some of which were occupied as the inhabitants of those respective homes were questioned whether they had any information relating to the disappearance of the child, Madeleine McCann or if they witnessed another situation and/or suspicious activity during the dates preceding the events......

The present inquiry was undertaken by a total of six teams composed of PJ officers and maintenance technicians of the Ocean Club
http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/EXTERNAL.htm
Accept nothing
Believe no-one
Confirm everything

Online Robittybob1

• Veteran Member
  • Wisdom and understanding please.
    • The Lord Jesus - search for Madeleine McCann
« Reply #4809 on: January 12, 2019, 04:17:03 PM »
We visited 443 homes, some of which were occupied as the inhabitants of those respective homes were questioned whether they had any information relating to the disappearance of the child, Madeleine McCann or if they witnessed another situation and/or suspicious activity during the dates preceding the events......

The present inquiry was undertaken by a total of six teams composed of PJ officers and maintenance technicians of the Ocean Club
Were all the homes associated with the Ocean Club then.  Why did the PJ use " maintenance technicians of the Ocean Club"?
What are you doing to find Madeleine?

Offline jassi

« Reply #4810 on: January 12, 2019, 04:36:43 PM »
Were all the homes associated with the Ocean Club then. Why did the PJ use " maintenance technicians of the Ocean Club"?

Maybe to gain access to some empty apartments. It was the 'off-season' so hardly full occupancy
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -   11 years and still no solution.

Offline Lace

« Reply #4811 on: January 12, 2019, 04:56:40 PM »

Was Mrs Fenn out when they called I wonder?

Offline Lace

« Reply #4812 on: January 12, 2019, 05:02:00 PM »
Having heard that Jane had seen a man with a child walking in the direction of Murats house,  wouldn't it have been a good idea to knock on his door the night of the 3rd of May and ask if he had seen anything?

Offline jassi

« Reply #4813 on: January 12, 2019, 05:03:01 PM »
Having heard that Jane had seen a man with a child walking in the direction of Murats house,  wouldn't it have been a good idea to knock on his door the night of the 3rd of May and ask if he had seen anything?

Why his in particular ? Were there not other houses in that direction?
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -   11 years and still no solution.

Offline Lace

« Reply #4814 on: January 12, 2019, 05:05:09 PM »
Why his in particular ? Were there not other houses in that direction?

All of them in that direction.