Author Topic: Wandering Off Topic  (Read 1464881 times)

Offline Admin

Re: Wandering Off Topic
« Reply #6555 on: November 15, 2019, 11:02:21 PM »
Abuse will not be tolerated.  Please don't assume that I am not monitoring these discussions simply because I am not logged on.

Offline Anthro

« Reply #6556 on: November 21, 2019, 06:41:54 PM »
Two things from my side of the world:

About three weeks ago, a story across South Africa’s main media broke about a former teacher/turned journalist at a major media group who is accused of sexually assaulting boys at one of SA’s most prestigious boys’ schools, 20 years ago. Today he was named in the press by his victim, a professional person, and it was revealed other former learners have also come forward about the allegations against him. The case is now under investigation. To our horror, we learnt the abuse took place at my son’s school and my husband’s alma mater.

Over the past week our media has also reported that kidnappings are on the rise in the country. The modus operandi being to grab children and teenagers and demanding ransom for their release or be killed.

Offline Miss Taken Identity

« Reply #6557 on: November 21, 2019, 07:15:50 PM »
Two things from my side of the world:

About three weeks ago, a story across South Africa’s main media broke about a former teacher/turned journalist at a major media group who is accused of sexually assaulting boys at one of SA’s most prestigious boys’ schools, 20 years ago. Today he was named in the press by his victim, a professional person, and it was revealed other former learners have also come forward about the allegations against him. The case is now under investigation. To our horror, we learnt the abuse took place at my son’s school and my husband’s alma mater.

Over the past week our media has also reported that kidnappings are on the rise in the country. The modus operandi being to grab children and teenagers and demanding ransom for their release or be killed.

That is the reality of men and violence in this world, not just your country. This has been happening globally for years- just swept under a large carpet. Like:The slave trade is alive and well, they just don't all go chained together in long boats to work in them cotton fields in the  Americas. It is an open secret in Europe. they call themselves'refugees' from countries they couldn't spell the name of.

Paedophiles, as we are now all aware come in all shapes, sizes, colours ,sexual orientation ,cultures, religions and professions. It is a sexual preference to rape /abuse children from babies to young teens. Many did nothing for the global sex abuse by Priests and nuns on a horrific scale!

The vatican being the christian church of Rome- after Peter sold the idea to the Romans to stop the lions killing the 'Christians'.  Had eunics and vestle virgins- stuff the Romans approved of. :)
'Never underestimate the power of stupid people'... George Carlin

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #6558 on: November 21, 2019, 07:21:56 PM »

That is the reality of men and violence in this world, not just your country. This has been happening globally for years- just swept under a large carpet. Like:The slave trade is alive and well, they just don't all go chained together in long boats to work in them cotton fields in the  Americas. It is an open secret in Europe. they call themselves'refugees' from countries they couldn't spell the name of.

Paedophiles, as we are now all aware come in all shapes, sizes, colours ,sexual orientation ,cultures, religions and professions. It is a sexual preference to rape /abuse children from babies to young teens. Many did nothing for the global sex abuse by Priests and nuns on a horrific scale!

The vatican being the christian church of Rome- after Peter sold the idea to the Romans to stop the lions killing the 'Christians'.  Had eunics and vestle virgins- stuff the Romans approved of. :)

eunics and vestle virgins.....LOL..its eunuch and vestal.....

who are you to lecture Anthro on the growing violence in SA .....i think you will find its grown since the end of white rule....interesting
« Last Edit: November 21, 2019, 07:27:37 PM by Davel »

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #6559 on: November 21, 2019, 07:41:16 PM »

That went well, didn't it.

« Reply #6560 on: November 21, 2019, 07:50:26 PM »
eunics and vestle virgins.....LOL..its eunuch and vestal.....

who are you to lecture Anthro on the growing violence in SA .....i think you will find its grown since the end of white rule....interesting

I was going to type nestle (offer children chocolate) but thought better of it.  I am laughing at you correcting my typos. I won't do the same back. I couldn't be bothered and it's time consuming.

I never lectured Anthro on anything.  but SA is growing since bad white man left Government... Soweto has swelled well beyond expectations-under Black rule. Poverty has grown as has violence and HIV.  according to my sister who lived in SA for three years.  Black on black murders is a real worry- leaving many children orphaned.

« Reply #6561 on: November 21, 2019, 07:53:27 PM »
That went well, didn't it.

Pathetic post and off topic. no doubt it will be 'monitored' by the ever monitoring admin person who can see without logging in.  which is a good thing. Apparently.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #6562 on: November 21, 2019, 07:56:35 PM »
I was going to type nestle (offer children chocolate) but thought better of it.  I am laughing at you correcting my typos. I won't do the same back. I couldn't be bothered and it's time consuming.

I never lectured Anthro on anything.  but SA is growing since bad white man left Government... Soweto has swelled well beyond expectations-under Black rule. Poverty has grown as has violence and HIV.  according to my sister who lived in SA for three years.  Black on black murders is a real worry- leaving many children orphaned.

yours are not typos....but never mind.....your punctuation and grammar is even worse in the above post....but lets leave it there..
black on white violence seems to have grown in SA and I cant see any connection to Rome...eunuchs.....and vestal virgins
« Last Edit: November 21, 2019, 08:01:40 PM by Davel »

Offline ShiningInLuz

« Reply #6563 on: November 21, 2019, 08:03:05 PM »
yours are not typos....but never mind.....your punctuation and grammar is even worse in the above post....but lets leave it there

A Davel lecture on typos, punctuation and grammar?

(&^&
What's up, old man?

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #6564 on: November 21, 2019, 08:04:11 PM »
A Davel lecture on typos, punctuation and grammar?

(&^&

not  a lecture just pointing out gross errors...whats your problem with that...emojis are for those who do not have the linguistic skills to express themselves imo....you seem to use  a lot

Offline The General

« Reply #6565 on: November 21, 2019, 08:04:19 PM »
yours are not typos....but never mind.....your punctuation and grammar is even worse in the above post....but lets leave it there
And here it is; the watershed of humanity. Davel correcting grammar and punctuation.
Lad, you spell like you're pulling letters from a Scrabble bag. You couldn't punctuate a pregnant pause.
The 2nd Youngest Member of the Forum

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #6566 on: November 21, 2019, 08:07:09 PM »
And here it is; the watershed of humanity. Davel correcting grammar and punctuation.
Lad, you spell like you're pulling letters from a Scrabble bag. You couldn't punctuate a pregnant pause.

if you would like to point out where my corrections are wrong please do.

Offline The General

« Reply #6567 on: November 21, 2019, 08:14:31 PM »
if you would like to point out where my corrections are wrong please do.
That would take the same resources as Operation Grange - 9 years, £12m and 4 fellas sat in Starbuck's sifting through dross - or not.
The 2nd Youngest Member of the Forum

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #6568 on: November 21, 2019, 08:18:11 PM »
That would take the same resources as Operation Grange - 9 years, £12m and 4 fellas sat in Starbuck's sifting through dross - or not.

you...like others...do not understand why grange has cost as much as it has ....but moving on. Perhaps you could explin why its fair game to criticise my typos but not for me to criticise spelling mistakes by others. When you can come up with  a reasonable answer your post might have some value...as it is...it doesnt

« Reply #6569 on: November 21, 2019, 08:24:03 PM »
not  a lecture just pointing out gross errors...whats your problem with that...emojis are for those who do not have the linguistic skills to express themselves imo....you seem to use  a lot

I really shouldn't....

Davel just this once.

Begining of a sentence should have a capital letter.

A full stop at end of sentence, followed by a space and next letter should be a capital.

the word whats is missing an apostrophie to let the reader know you are abbreviating  the words what is

whats [/color]your problem with that.. instead ofn using e   you should use a question mark and another sentence.

You misuse ellipsis, most of your posts can be short sentences.

Laughing my head off at your errors or (&^&

lets  should be let us or abbreviated should be let's

oh how about this..."Perhaps you could explin why its     doesnt."  ouch!