Author Topic: Wandering Off Topic  (Read 1480668 times)

Offline Venturi Swirl

Re: Wandering Off Topic
« Reply #8580 on: October 16, 2020, 02:06:40 PM »
The competent Germans,a conviction with out a body which later turned up.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2010/oct/20/rudolf-rupp-farmer-family-trial

Retrial opens in case of 'fed-to-dogs' farmer whose body was found intact
 This article is more than 9 years old
Prosecutors stand by conviction of Rudolf Rupp's wife, children and a family friend despite presenting false claims at first trial.

He was hacked to death with an axe by his wife, children and a family friend, his torso later fed to the family's three pet dogs and his head boiled in an urn and buried in a heap of manure.

At least that is the version of events German prosecutors presented to a court in 2005 at the trial of Rudolf Rupp's wife and children, who were convicted over the killing of the family's tyrannical patriarch.

But the case was rolled out again following the discovery by workmen in March 2009 of a Mercedes that had tumbled down an embankment and into the river Danube. Forensic scientists soon discovered that the car was Rupp's and the rotting but intact body found inside was his.

Today a court in Landshut opened the retrial of Hermine Rupp, 55, her children, Manuela and Andrea, and Manuela's boyfriend, identified only as Matthias E, all of whom originally received prison sentences variously for manslaughter and accomplice to manslaughter.

At the heart of the case is the question: how did the prosecutors get their story so wrong? And is it true, as at least one of Rupp's offspring has claimed, that they were threatened with torture if they did not agree to own up to the crime?

The state prosecutor Ralph Reiter faced the somewhat embarrassing task of having to read out the details of the initial and now discredited trial. Rupp was said to have come home one night in 2001 having consumed eight half-litre glasses of beer, to be met in the entrance way by Matthias E who knocked him unconscious with a hammer.

His body was said to have been hacked up and fed to the family's dobermans, a bullterrier and a sheep dog in the farmyard, after which his Mercedes was taken to a scrapyard and destroyed.

No traces of Rupp's blood or bone fragments were ever found in the house or cellar. Nevertheless, prosecutors say they remain convinced that the family and Matthias E were responsible for the farmer's death.

"They were all in on it. They promised themselves they would have a trouble-free life without their father," Reiter told the court.

Lawyers for the defendants say they are pushing for pardons and extensive compensation. Klaus Wittmann, a lawyer for Hermine Rupp, told the court she had given in to pressure on her to confess, blaming "the circumstances of the interrogation, the strain of weeks in custody ... Whatever details didn't fit were accordingly bent into shape."

This led to the acquittal of all  defendants.

The convicted were acquitted at the retrial,so that make in modern times no conviction's in Germany with out a body.

http://www.albanylawreview.org/Articles/Vol77_3/77.3.1139%20Grunewald.pdf
Sounds like they were inspired by the PJ and the Cipriano case.
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Anthro

« Reply #8581 on: October 17, 2020, 09:59:46 PM »
I am just sharing. We have found peace after our two Yorkies were killed by a puff adder. Our new much loved ‘babas’ are Luigi and Livia.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline Erngath

« Reply #8582 on: October 17, 2020, 10:02:48 PM »
I am just sharing. We have found peace after our two Yorkies were killed by a puff adder. Our new much loved ‘babas’ are Luigi and Livia.

Lovely wee dogs.
Many years ahead of love and joy with them.
Deal with the failings of others as gently as with your own.

Offline Anthro

« Reply #8583 on: October 17, 2020, 11:04:12 PM »
Lovely wee dogs.
Many years ahead of love and joy with them.
Thank you, Erngath. Unlimited love with these two.

Offline sadie

« Reply #8584 on: October 17, 2020, 11:51:59 PM »

What sweeties they are.   They will bring years of joy to your lives.  Lucky you.

I would love to have a dog or dogs again, but at our stage of life, it wouldn't be fair.  Still we share our daughters cat quite a lot of the time and, now old and mainly sleeping, she is a soothing presence to have and we love her.   You can't beat a dog though.   Better still, two dogs.

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #8585 on: October 18, 2020, 12:39:50 AM »

They are adorable Anthro and I’m sure will help heal the pain caused by your loss.
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #8586 on: October 18, 2020, 01:00:56 AM »

Anyone want a Dachshund?  You need to be insane.

Offline sadie

« Reply #8587 on: October 18, 2020, 02:58:26 AM »
Anyone want a Dachshund?  You need to be insane.

Does it get involved in hurdling and sports like the one on TV adverts.   Cos I love that dachshund.

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #8588 on: October 18, 2020, 03:02:29 AM »
Does it get involved in hurdling and sports like the one on TV adverts.   Cos I love that dachshund.

This one is definitely a Steeple Chaser.  When he's not trying to dig his way to visit Rob.

Offline Anthro

« Reply #8589 on: October 18, 2020, 09:43:08 AM »
They are adorable Anthro and I’m sure will help heal the pain caused by your loss.
Thank you, Faithlilly.

Offline Brietta

« Reply #8590 on: October 18, 2020, 09:48:18 AM »
This one is definitely a Steeple Chaser.  When he's not trying to dig his way to visit Rob.

But you love him 💘 because he's adorable.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #8591 on: October 18, 2020, 10:24:17 AM »
But you love him 💘 because he's adorable.

What?  The fact that the joyful little swine is still in one piece after two years instead of on the barbecue is testimony to my miraculous endurance.

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #8592 on: October 18, 2020, 02:52:55 PM »

I can't live without a dog.  It is no life to me at all.  They have come and gone in various shapes and sizes and all had something going for them.  And all lived long.

I am still hoping for another Hamlet, but I suspect that you only get one of those.

This Rotten Little Swine is the most joyful dog that I have so far owned.  But I think that this is a Dachshund thing.  He is a joy unto himself.  He loves his life and everybody in it.

But you don't half have to be a dog lover before you take on one of these.

Offline Anthro

« Reply #8593 on: October 19, 2020, 09:40:17 PM »
For attention: John
I believe the Forum’s website has been compromised. While typing a comment in the past 30 minutes, my keyboard kept erasing my words, replacing it with other symbols. To me, this suggests that someone else is logged-in on my profile and altering my messages.

Offline John

« Reply #8594 on: October 19, 2020, 09:42:58 PM »
For attention: John
I believe the Forum’s website has been compromised. While typing a comment in the past 30 minutes, my keyboard kept erasing my words, replacing it with other symbols. To me, this suggests that someone else is logged-in on my profile and altering my messages.

Two people cannot log on at the same time. Sounds like your computer might be compromised. Suggest you do a full integrity check on it to find and expunge any viruses.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2020, 09:45:17 PM by John »
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.