Author Topic: Wandering Off Topic  (Read 655717 times)

Offline Vertigo Swirl

Re: Wandering Off Topic
« Reply #9705 on: February 23, 2021, 07:17:51 AM »
I doubt it very much given the humiliation that followed. IMO he was right to criticise the English police given their refusal to provide the information the Portuguese wanted concerning the McCanns.  IMFO, the English police behaved abominably in refusing the Portuguese requests. Who were they protecting and why?
What humiliation are you referring to?  I think the English police recognised a stitch up when they saw it frankly.  Good for them for not being complicit in such abominable behaviour.
Ignoring me won't make me go away.

Offline Lace

« Reply #9706 on: February 23, 2021, 09:37:00 AM »
I’ve always found this statement rather interesting.

SVETLANA
-------  STARIKOVA VITORINO (Russian citizen, with the telephone No "96635 ####) - kitchen assistant:
- Said that, yesterday, one individual, purportedly the father of the missing, left the dinner table where a group of friends (in number 8 or 9), for about 30 minutes. After having returned, a woman whom she believed to be his wife, also left the table, there having passed a few moments, all the guests left the table in question, except one elderly lady, who told her [Svetlana's] colleagues that that child had disappeared.
- During the time that she was working yesterday (between 14:30 and 23:00) she did not see any individual with blonde "rastas

And this from Diane Webster.

‘ That, at that time, the whole group were at the restaurant. The witness did not recall, but thinks that perhaps Gerald and MATT had not been in the restaurant ( when she arrived) along with the other members of the group. ’

‘ Prompted to state for the record the movements that occurred that night, during the above dinner, the witness reiterated that she could not say specifically who had left nor when they had done so.’

Was Gerry doing the first check?

Rachel Oldfields statement -

----- By 21.05, GERALD went see his children, and about 10 minutes later JANE left before GM had returned. A few minutes after Jane left GERALD arrived and said he had been talking to "Jez" about tennis, [she] not recalling if he said anything about the children. During this time she affirmed that no one else left the table. Two or three minutes after the arrival of Gerald, Jane arrived, [she] again not recalling whether [Jane] made any comment about her children.

I'm not discussing it anymore,  it is obvious that Gerry was at the table when Kate returned,  there was no way Gerry would have ran off and hidden Madeleine and returned to speak to Jeremy and eat his dinner laughing with his friends

Online Wonderfulspam

« Reply #9707 on: February 23, 2021, 09:43:32 AM »

----- By 21.05, GERALD went see his children, and about 10 minutes later JANE left before GM had returned. A few minutes after Jane left GERALD arrived and said he had been talking to "Jez" about tennis, [she] not recalling if he said anything about the children. During this time she affirmed that no one else left the table. Two or three minutes after the arrival of Gerald, Jane arrived, [she] again not recalling whether [Jane] made any comment about her children.

I'm not discussing it anymore,  it is obvious that Gerry was at the table when Kate returned, there was no way Gerry would have ran off and hidden Madeleine and returned to speak to Jeremy and eat his dinner laughing with his friends

Why?

What was preventing it & renders it a complete & utter physical impossibility?
Free Martin Brueckner

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #9708 on: February 23, 2021, 09:49:01 AM »

I'm not discussing it anymore,  it is obvious that Gerry was at the table when Kate returned,  there was no way Gerry would have ran off and hidden Madeleine and returned to speak to Jeremy and eat his dinner laughing with his friends

I agree, there is no way he could have done that but IMO he could have done his 9 o’clock check slightly earlier than Rachel remembers, met Jez at 9 for their conversation and did a second check at 9.30 when he found Madeleine missing.

Offline Vertigo Swirl

« Reply #9709 on: February 23, 2021, 09:54:49 AM »
I agree, there is no way he could have done that but IMO he could have done his 9 o’clock check slightly earlier than Rachel remembers, met Jez at 9 for their conversation and did a second check at 9.30 when he found Madeleine missing.
Who has Gerry doing a second check at 9.30pm in their statements?

Offline Lace

« Reply #9710 on: February 23, 2021, 10:00:28 AM »
Why?

What was preventing it & renders it a complete & utter physical impossibility?

Reading your posts I have gathered you don't have a tendency for emotional feelings.    So it is useless to explain how a father would feel if he found his daughter dead.   IMO

Offline Lace

« Reply #9711 on: February 23, 2021, 10:02:53 AM »

Yes lets move the goal posts a ridiculous distance away. no he wasn't talking to Jeremy at nine,  he left the table just after nine to do his check on the children.  As Jeremy said in his statement,  he saw Gerry and believed he had just checked his children.  End of.

Online Wonderfulspam

« Reply #9712 on: February 23, 2021, 10:08:58 AM »
Reading your posts I have gathered you don't have a tendency for emotional feelings.    So it is useless to explain how a father would feel if he found his daughter dead.   IMO

Well I don't believe he found her dead.
Free Martin Brueckner

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #9713 on: February 23, 2021, 10:09:12 AM »

Reading WS’s post I think he enjoys winding rather easily wound up people up. His posts say nothing about his ability as a father.

Online Wonderfulspam

« Reply #9714 on: February 23, 2021, 10:14:19 AM »

The thing that gets me about Gerry's 9pm check is how he stopped & admired Maddie & how beautiful she was etc etc.

He doesn't, however, mention any similar feelings about his other offspring, who lay just a matter of inches away from him.

One can only assume he just didn't like them as much.
Free Martin Brueckner

Online Wonderfulspam

« Reply #9715 on: February 23, 2021, 10:15:14 AM »
He's not a father.  The end.

You only have my word for it.
Free Martin Brueckner

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #9716 on: February 23, 2021, 10:15:39 AM »
Yes lets move the goal posts a ridiculous distance away. no he wasn't talking to Jeremy at nine,  he left the table just after nine to do his check on the children.  As Jeremy said in his statement,  he saw Gerry and believed he had just checked his children.  End of.

And he had just checked on his children...at 9pm. Wilkins said in his statement that his chat with Gerry could have been anytime between 8.45 and 9.15 and Diane Webster, by far the most transparent witness of the group IMO, does not remember Gerry being there when she arrived. Taking these witnesses into account it is entirely possible that Gerry did a check at 9.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #9717 on: February 23, 2021, 10:35:32 AM »

I assume you don't know Gerry McCann? How can you therefore claim to know what he was or wasn't capable of? In my opinion you can't, you're just guessing.
No-one here believes the parents were directly involved in MM's disappearance because belief without evidence is useless.

Online Eleanor

« Reply #9718 on: February 23, 2021, 10:36:51 AM »
I assume you don't know Gerry McCann? How can you therefore claim to know what he was or wasn't capable of? In my opinion you can't, you're just guessing.

Logistics.  Nothing to do with knowing Gerry.

Offline Vertigo Swirl

« Reply #9719 on: February 23, 2021, 10:41:58 AM »
An informed guess, based on what we know of Gerry, what his nearest and dearest have said about him, on the observations of the FLOs subsequently, on what is known of human behaviour and natural reactions to extreme stress and grief, etc.  Is there any evidence to support the view that Gerry was the kind of person who could deal with the sudden death of his own child in such a relaxed way?  If so perhaps you could provide it.