Author Topic: Moderation queries.  (Read 369 times)

Offline John

Moderation queries.
« on: August 15, 2017, 12:42:22 AM »
All queries relating to moderation should be posted on this thread.
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. John Lamberton exposes malfeasance by public officials.
Check out my website >   http://johnlamberton.webs.com/index.htm?no_redirect=true     The truth never changes with the passage of time.

Offline Erngath

Re: Moderation queries.
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2017, 12:48:40 AM »
All queries relating to moderation should be posted on this thread.

It would be good if posters were informed of the reason the reason their post is removed.
Thank you.

Deal with the failings of others as gently as with your own.

Offline John

« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2017, 01:01:12 AM »

It would be good if posters were informed of the reason the reason their post is removed.
Thank you.

Hi Erngath

We have had this raised numerous times and the answer from moderators is always that it would create far too much work if every deletion had to be explained.  That said however, I have no problem with posters asking why their post was removed and being entitled to an answer.

The most common reason why innocuous posts are removed is generally because they quoted an already deleted post or were off topic.  I believe your reply to davel earlier today was removed as it was off topic.  Members can ask an admin to intervene at any time if they consider that a post has been removed contrary to the forum rules.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2017, 01:08:02 AM by John »
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. John Lamberton exposes malfeasance by public officials.
Check out my website >   http://johnlamberton.webs.com/index.htm?no_redirect=true     The truth never changes with the passage of time.

Offline ShiningInLuz

« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2017, 02:42:58 PM »
Deleted.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2017, 01:51:52 PM by ShiningInLuz »
Portelas installed. Plus Gonšalo!  And F1!  And the World Cup!