Author Topic: Vila do Bispo in West Portugal becomes a place of interest for the second time.  (Read 3198 times)

Offline The General

neednt bother I already have
Trolling him on Twitter doesn't count.
Youngest Member of the Forum

Offline Davel

Trolling him on Twitter doesn't count.

I saw him in a bar in Kings Cross Sydney...he was  a bit worse for wear but he took it well
mods can delete posts but...
The moving finger writes and having writ moves on...
nor all thy piety nor wit can lure me back to alter but  a line..nor all thy tears wash away  a word of it

Offline G-Unit

I think Saunokonoko has chosen the wrong career path and as time progresses I think that will become more and more apparent to him.
In the meantime the world has moved on from sceptic speculation to real investigative police work.  Brueckner may be entirely innocent of having anything to do with Madeleine's disappearance on the other hand the police and justice services are the ones to determine if he has a case to answer.

I don't think naked sceptic prejudice whether past or present even touches first base in the present stakes.

Most journalists, particularly British journalist's reports, reflected the parents views imo. Mark Saunokonoko has chosen to examine other issues, some of which raised red flags at the time.

He wasn't investigating, he was pointing out unanswered questions which Operation Grange in particular seemed uninterested in.

To me that suggests that there was a whole lot of questions which that particular police investigation didn't attempt to answer.

It seems to me that there was prejudice in what Op Grange were prepared to examine and red flags that they were prepared to ignore.
No-one here believes the parents were directly involved in MM's disappearance because belief without evidence is useless.

Offline Brietta

Most journalists, particularly British journalist's reports, reflected the parents views imo. Mark Saunokonoko has chosen to examine other issues, some of which raised red flags at the time.

He wasn't investigating, he was pointing out unanswered questions which Operation Grange in particular seemed uninterested in.

To me that suggests that there was a whole lot of questions which that particular police investigation didn't attempt to answer.

It seems to me that there was prejudice in what Op Grange were prepared to examine and red flags that they were prepared to ignore.

Most journalists, particularly British journalist's reports, reflect an awareness of the libel laws in this country with maybe sometimes a little bit of decency and compassion thrown in for good measure.

It must be hell for someone stuck in a time warp like Saunokonoko et al to realise that not only are they waving a huge red flag over the past they should also be sending up distress flares over what might remain of their credibility if they ever had any in the first instance.

There is a new kid on the block who perhaps might merit questions being asked of him and I am sure investigators are mulling over what those questions should be for when the time comes.  Certainly accredited journalists are.

I think flogging the dead horse of McCann opprobrium has had its day.  Only thirteen years too late, but better late than never.
The remit of Operation Grange is to investigate ...  "(as if the abduction occurred in the UK)"

Offline Davel

Mark S is a poor journalist imo because he has believe d a lot of rubbish..Dogs with. 100% record .....he quotes Amaral saying the shutters couldn't be opened from the outside and much more.
mods can delete posts but...
The moving finger writes and having writ moves on...
nor all thy piety nor wit can lure me back to alter but  a line..nor all thy tears wash away  a word of it

Offline Billy Whizz Fan Club

There's forty odd minutes of that ... please say exactly where it can be found on the podcast.  Thank you

You'll have to listen yourself if you doubt it's on there.

Ah thank you... G-Unit fixed it for you.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2020, 06:39:52 PM by Billy Whizz Fan Club »

why did Saunokonoko have to go all the way to the US for an opinion...seems a little contrived. It could be looked upon as  a red falg...but thats all ....like a suspect not answering questions...thats a red flag...it just depends if there is a raesonable explanation. Surely the vodaphone records show if any calls were made.

Yes they show calls were made and the call logs deleted. That's why the PJ applied to court for Vodafone to hand over more information. Quite thorough in their work it seems, imo.

Offline G-Unit

Most journalists, particularly British journalist's reports, reflect an awareness of the libel laws in this country with maybe sometimes a little bit of decency and compassion thrown in for good measure.

It must be hell for someone stuck in a time warp like Saunokonoko et al to realise that not only are they waving a huge red flag over the past they should also be sending up distress flares over what might remain of their credibility if they ever had any in the first instance.

There is a new kid on the block who perhaps might merit questions being asked of him and I am sure investigators are mulling over what those questions should be for when the time comes.  Certainly accredited journalists are.

I think flogging the dead horse of McCann opprobrium has had its day.  Only thirteen years too late, but better late than never.

In my opinion you tend to confuse opprobrium with bona fida questions. They are not related.
No-one here believes the parents were directly involved in MM's disappearance because belief without evidence is useless.

Offline Vertigo Swirl

In my opinion you tend to confuse opprobrium with bona fida questions. They are not related.
I think you tend to confuse totally irrelevant, stupid questions with bona fide questions.
"The answer is that no-one here believes the parents were directly involved in MM's disappearance" - G-Unit.
I bet Christian Bruckner did it Me

I'm sorry but there's nothing of substance in your reply, imo. Far from flogging a dead horse imo Mark Saunokonoko raises important questions that are worthy of discussion or investigation. Sloganised attempts to rubbish him just don't convince me, sorry.