Author Topic: General discussion about the latest news (not search related)  (Read 75678 times)

Offline Miss Taken Identity

Re: General discussion about the latest news (not search related)
« Reply #5715 on: August 11, 2019, 05:56:57 PM »
No... Perli never said exactly what he could do.. Saunokonoko and others made their own claims imo
If you remember several posters including myself doubted he could confirm maddie dna... This is the first time there's anything directly from him and it looks like  he claims to be able to isolate a strangers profile... No sure how much use that would be

Certainly not the game changer some claimed

So is it worth dismissing?  It maybe helpful/ maybe not but worth a try.  If it wasn't helpful to do a reconstitution for the PJ to help investigate MBM's disappearance ,BUT worth while to do one for the BBC (entertainment for the masses), you have to wonder who is calling the shots here an why.
'Never underestimate the power of stupid people'... George Carlin

Offline ShiningInLuz

« Reply #5716 on: September 10, 2019, 10:41:08 AM »
Cressida Dick has been awarded a damehood, the female equivalent of a knighthood, in Theresa May's outgoing honours list.
Ooh, a snowflake!

Offline jassi

« Reply #5717 on: September 10, 2019, 10:44:01 AM »
Standard procedure. All the previous Commissioners of the Met have been given knighthoods at some point.
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -   Into year 13 and still no solution.

Offline barrier

« Reply #5718 on: September 10, 2019, 08:46:30 PM »
Cressida Dick has been awarded a damehood, the female equivalent of a knighthood, in Theresa May's outgoing honours list.

You know its a crock when the likes of her receive it,opinion of course.
    Can you build an Emerald city with these grains of sand?       

Offline Holly Goodhead

« Reply #5719 on: September 11, 2019, 08:12:03 AM »
You know its a crock when the likes of her receive it,opinion of course.

I don't have any facts and figures to back this up but it seems to me that crime may well have increased under her stewardship?  Especially violent crime eg stabbings?
Setting the pussy among the pigeons!

Offline Davel

« Reply #5720 on: September 11, 2019, 09:11:37 AM »
I don't have any facts and figures to back this up but it seems to me that crime may well have increased under her stewardship?  Especially violent crime eg stabbings?

Hasn't violent crime... Stabbings... Acid, attacks  ..increased all over the UK.... Not just  the Met
mods can delete posts but...
The moving finger writes and having writ moves on...
nor all thy piety nor wit can lure me back to alter but  a line..nor all thy tears wash away  a word of it

Offline Vertigo Swirl

« Reply #5721 on: September 11, 2019, 09:11:43 AM »
At least she doesn’t have a conviction for violent assault, unlike “sir” Geoffrey Boycott l
"The answer is that no-one here believes the parents were directly involved in MM's disappearance" - G-Unit.

Offline Davel

« Reply #5722 on: September 11, 2019, 09:21:07 AM »
At least she doesn’t have a conviction for violent assault, unlike “sir” Geoffrey Boycott l

It seems just trying to find a, reason to criticise the Met.
nor all thy piety nor wit can lure me back to alter but  a line..nor all thy tears wash away  a word of it

Offline Holly Goodhead

« Reply #5723 on: September 11, 2019, 10:03:50 AM »
Hasn't violent crime... Stabbings... Acid, attacks  ..increased all over the UK.... Not just  the Met

As I said I don't have all the fact and figures so quite possibly yes but we're not justifying a Chief Constable elsewhere receiving a dame hood or knighthood we're talking about the Met Comm receiving a dame hood.   

Offline Vertigo Swirl

« Reply #5724 on: September 11, 2019, 10:28:03 AM »
As I said I don't have all the fact and figures so quite possibly yes but we're not justifying a Chief Constable elsewhere receiving a dame hood or knighthood we're talking about the Met Comm receiving a dame hood.
I think she received it for years of service to the police and for achieving high rank, whether or not you think individuals should be rewarded in this manner for years of public service is another argument entirely..  Personally, I think they should do away with the whole outdated concept for everyone. 
"The answer is that no-one here believes the parents were directly involved in MM's disappearance" - G-Unit.

Offline Davel

« Reply #5725 on: September 11, 2019, 10:33:19 AM »

And how is that relevant to the case.  The point I'm making is that you can't see a rise in crime in isolation and infer it's down to her management when violent crime is rising everywhere.  It seems another unfair attempt to criticise the Met

Offline Holly Goodhead

« Reply #5726 on: September 11, 2019, 11:18:15 AM »
I think she received it for years of service to the police and for achieving high rank, whether or not you think individuals should be rewarded in this manner for years of public service is another argument entirely..  Personally, I think they should do away with the whole outdated concept for everyone.

Agreed.  And we can many were dished out when clearly they should not have been eg Crosby, Goodwin, Green, Savile.

Former police officer Hamish Campbell who was a senior officer in the case of Jill Dando and MM was awarded the QPM.  It remains to be seen whether or not it was deserved!  Its all a form of cronyism imo. 

Offline Holly Goodhead

« Reply #5727 on: September 11, 2019, 11:26:45 AM »
And how is that relevant to the case.  The point I'm making is that you can't see a rise in crime in isolation and infer it's down to her management when violent crime is rising everywhere.  It seems another unfair attempt to criticise the Met

I believe CD has for some of the time had ultimate responsibility for Op Grange the operation tasked with investigating the disappearance of MM?

And the point I'm making is that rising crime might be well be a theme running across the length and breadth of the country but afaik Chief Constables have not been recognised for this failure by way of receiving a dame hood or knighthood?  So on what basis is CD being awarded a dame hood?

Offline Davel

« Reply #5728 on: September 11, 2019, 11:41:41 AM »
I believe CD has for some of the time had ultimate responsibility for Op Grange the operation tasked with investigating the disappearance of MM?

And the point I'm making is that rising crime might be well be a theme running across the length and breadth of the country but afaik Chief Constables have not been recognised for this failure by way of receiving a dame hood or knighthood?  So on what basis is CD being awarded a dame hood?

You want to blame the police fir rising crime.. I think that's illigical and unfair for several reasons

Offline Holly Goodhead

« Reply #5729 on: September 11, 2019, 11:45:44 AM »
You want to blame the police fir rising crime.. I think that's illigical and unfair for several reasons

Can you point me in the direction where I have blamed the police for rising crime?  I have simply questioned CD's eligibility for a dame hood.  What exactly has she achieved during her tenure that qualifies her to receive such a reward?