Author Topic: Are there any parallels with the Simon Hall case?  (Read 36383 times)

Offline Holly Goodhead

Re: Are there any parallels with the Simon Hall case?
« Reply #15 on: October 14, 2017, 03:19:22 PM »
If violent pasts are unimportant to women forming emotional relationships why was Clare's law passed?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/women/womens-life/11369454/Clares-Law-Find-out-if-your-partner-has-a-history-of-abuse.html
Just my opinion of course but Jeremy Bamber is innocent and a couple from UK, unknown to T9, abducted Madeleine McCann - motive unknown.  Was J J murdered as a result of identifying as a goth?

Offline APRIL

« Reply #16 on: October 14, 2017, 03:37:30 PM »
How can you genuinely love someone you barely know? 

I don't believe you can compare JM's relationship with JB and that of SH's with Hall.  It's not a question of whether or not the men are guilty or innocent or what JM/SH believe(d) but the emotional involvement.

JM dated JB for some 18 months and they did all the normal couple stuff.  Hall was behind bars so this was not possible.  I don't believe letters, phone calls and prison visits are a substitute.

Whoa! That's a very leading question!!! To answer that it must be assumed that we all start off from the same level playing field. I don't believe we do.

Offline ActualMat

« Reply #17 on: October 14, 2017, 03:42:02 PM »
No I don't think it's harsh at all.  In the eyes of the law Hall's previous had nothing to do with the murder case hence I'm pretty certain it was withheld from jurors?  Supporting an MoJ is one thing.  Allowing yourself to become emotionally involved is another.

When someone manipulates something or someone to their advantage Roch it's more often than not obvious

http://jeremybamberforum.co.uk/index.php/topic,8745.msg419076.html?PHPSESSID=9drpl266l17ffn15mock404344#msg419076

I thought you were intelligent.

http://jeremybamberforum.co.uk/index.php/topic,8745.msg419077.html?PHPSESSID=9drpl266l17ffn15mock404344#msg419077

I repeat I don't for one minute think SH ever thought Hall guilty.

It is harsh. It's harsh to claim she wasn't conned - and then in the same breath say that you think she truly believed he was innocent.
Of course she was conned, she believed him innocent - he wasn't. He lied.
Too many people who were supportive of Stephanie at the time have now turned on her and said "Always knew he was guilty. Silly Stephanie for believing him." That's just utter bullshit, she wasn't the only supporter of him but she is the ONLY ONE I've seen hold her hands up and say she was was conned, lied to, everyone else seems to have said "Told you so."
I think you're victim shaming with your comments.

But seeing as Stephanie doesn't post here, it's not right to continue talking about it, so I'm oot.

Offline Caroline

« Reply #18 on: October 14, 2017, 03:56:28 PM »
There seems to be some misunderstanding here.  I 100% don't believe SH ever thought Hall guilty before he confessed.  What I struggle to understand is why anyone would want to become emotionally involved with a prisoner to the extent they marry behind bars?

The difference being I support JB as I believe he's a victim of a MoJ.  I'm not emotionally involved with him in any shape or form.

What % of teenage boys spend time in youth offender institutions for violence?

From what I've read I don't believe SH knew Hall pre-prison.  They were acquainted through work.  There's knowing someone and there's knowing someone?

She didn't just become emotionally involved when he was in prison, she knew he before. Not really comfortable discussing this - it's none of our business and I think she's gone through enough.

Offline Holly Goodhead

« Reply #19 on: October 14, 2017, 07:33:17 PM »
It is harsh. It's harsh to claim she wasn't conned - and then in the same breath say that you think she truly believed he was innocent.
Too many people who were supportive of Stephanie at the time have now turned on her and said "Always knew he was guilty. Silly Stephanie for believing him." That's just utter bullshit, she wasn't the only supporter of him but she is the ONLY ONE I've seen hold her hands up and say she was was conned, lied to, everyone else seems to have said "Told you so."

But seeing as Stephanie doesn't post here, it's not right to continue talking about it, so I'm oot.

How many defence lawyers working pro bono complain they've been "conned" when those they're representing go on to confess? 

How many expert witnesses and other such people working pro bono complain they've been conned when those they're representing go on to confess? 

Anyhoo Mat I'll take comfort in the fact if JB ever confesses you'll at least take pity on me and see me as a victim  8((()*/

Just my opinion of course but Jeremy Bamber is innocent and a couple from UK, unknown to T9, abducted Madeleine McCann - motive unknown.  Was J J murdered as a result of identifying as a goth?

Offline Holly Goodhead

« Reply #20 on: October 14, 2017, 07:50:12 PM »
Whoa! That's a very leading question!!! To answer that it must be assumed that we all start off from the same level playing field. I don't believe we do.

So what in your opinion are the foundations of a successful relationship with a significant other?

Offline Holly Goodhead

« Reply #21 on: October 14, 2017, 07:56:18 PM »
She didn't just become emotionally involved when he was in prison, she knew he before. Not really comfortable discussing this - it's none of our business and I think she's gone through enough.

It is my business when I  have to hear about it whenever I look in on Blue.  As a guest I assume I'm able to provide feedback? 

Offline John

« Reply #22 on: October 14, 2017, 08:06:34 PM »

A lot of people were taken in by Simon Hall and even now find it hard to believe he killed Mrs Albert in what appeared to have been a burglary gone wrong.  I don't think we will ever know why he chose to target a vulnerable old lady whom his own mother attended as a home help.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2017, 08:08:54 PM by John »
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

Offline Nicholas

« Reply #23 on: October 14, 2017, 08:24:54 PM »
It is my business when I  have to hear about it whenever I look in on Blue.  As a guest I assume I'm able to provide feedback?

Hello Holly,

I cannot see anything on blue as I've been banned for allegedly "attacking other members"

I'd learned you were asking personal and indeed intimate questions regarding my relationship with Simon Hall.

Before I go any further, that is none of your business and has no relevance in your quest to find out if Jeremy Bamber is guilty or not.

However, I am more than happy to help guide you to some of the answers you seek regarding the JB case and point you to the similarities

Before I forget, Hello to everyone else on the thread - I think we've all met before therefore no need for introductions

« Last Edit: October 15, 2017, 02:38:56 PM by Stephanie »
Who wants to take on this great massive lie?” Writer Martin Preib on the tsunami of innocence fraud sweeping our nation

Offline Nicholas

« Reply #24 on: October 14, 2017, 08:36:44 PM »
From Stephanie Hall today:

http://jeremybamberforum.co.uk/index.php/topic,8726.msg418152.html#msg418152

How many of the experts have a history of violence?  Simon Hall was convicted of violent offences during his youth and spent time in a youth offenders prison long before he murdered Mrs Albert.  This is conveniently overlooked.  Most men don't have convictions for violence.  If they do it's a red flag for most.  Those who choose to play with fire often get burned.         

At Hall's original trial at Norwich crown court, jurors were told that Albert had been the victim of a "sudden, savage and brutal attack" after a burglary attempt went wrong. They heard that Hall, who had previous convictions for violence, had been out drinking with friends in Ipswich and had an alibi for most of the night and following morning, except between 5.30am and 6.15am, which could have corresponded with the time of Albert's death.   

We know JB admitted to petty crime as did the chief prosecution witness.  This is a world away from violence resulting in a custodial sentence.

Due to the fact I've been banned from blue  I cannot see the content of the link you've posted however, I do not recall saying anything about "experts having a violent history?"

Is it possible for you to double check that and put it in some kind of context for me.

It's not something I would say and it's sound like you have misinterpreted the post
Who wants to take on this great massive lie?” Writer Martin Preib on the tsunami of innocence fraud sweeping our nation

Offline Angelo222

« Reply #25 on: October 14, 2017, 08:45:35 PM »
Would you like to clear up any misunderstandings surrounding the Simon Hall case Stephanie?  For example do you think others knew of his guilt yet protected him?
De troothe has the annoying habit of coming to the surface just when you least expect it!!

Je ne regrette rien!!

Offline Nicholas

« Reply #26 on: October 14, 2017, 08:56:55 PM »
From Stephanie Hall today:

http://jeremybamberforum.co.uk/index.php/topic,8726.msg418152.html#msg418152

How many of the experts have a history of violence?  Simon Hall was convicted of violent offences during his youth and spent time in a youth offenders prison long before he murdered Mrs Albert.  This is conveniently overlooked.  Most men don't have convictions for violence.  If they do it's a red flag for most.  Those who choose to play with fire often get burned.         

At Hall's original trial at Norwich crown court, jurors were told that Albert had been the victim of a "sudden, savage and brutal attack" after a burglary attempt went wrong. They heard that Hall, who had previous convictions for violence, had been out drinking with friends in Ipswich and had an alibi for most of the night and following morning, except between 5.30am and 6.15am, which could have corresponded with the time of Albert's death.   

We know JB admitted to petty crime as did the chief prosecution witness.  This is a world away from violence resulting in a custodial sentence.

Lets now rewind back to the time I met Simon Hall at work in February 2002

I knew nothing of his violent past at this time.

You also have to remember that back then the Internet wasn't like it is today. Maybe another member can help me out with their recollections of this time period?

I didn't have internet access or indeed a computer to gain access to the internet until around the end of 2009. In the year prior to this i would go to a friends house, the library or an Internet cafe.

So I didn't get to read newspaper articles like you have been able to re Bamber.

I also didn't read newspapers back in 2002 so my knowledge of Simon's trial and subsequent conviction for the murder was limited to what I heard at work and the couple of pages I read on his brothers page. Think his page was called Free Teddy.

Not unlike you and all the other Bamber supporters I've come into contact with over the years - something just didn't sit right - Simon just wasn't that type of bloke.

And you must remember he had the full backing of his family and old friends and ex girlfriends. Or at least that is how it appeared to me at that time and remained to appear to me until the cracks started to show some years later in the lead up to what was to become his confession

Offline Nicholas

« Reply #27 on: October 14, 2017, 09:18:56 PM »
Stephanie knew Simon long before he was charged with murder.  It was only after his incarceration that she rekindled their previous relationship.

Stephanie knew Simon long before he was charged with murder.  It was only after his incarceration that she rekindled their previous relationship.

Simon murdered in December 2001. We met the following year.

It wasn't until after his inquest, via material handed to me by Suffolk police, that I read something that confirmed he started working for the company early February 2002.

He was arrested in June/July the same year. Sorry can't remember exactly when now.

When he was arrested, he was in a relationship with a women called Phoebe.

Our 'relationship' didn't take off until around 2007 but there was a "mutual spark" between us from the moment we met, at least that's what I thought it was until he confessed.

Offline Nicholas

« Reply #28 on: October 14, 2017, 09:33:14 PM »
Would you like to clear up any misunderstandings surrounding the Simon Hall case Stephanie?  For example do you think others knew of his guilt yet protected him?

How could they not

Are we really expected to believe Simon murdered and then went home for a chat and a cup of tea with his mother and she didn't notice anything unusual in his behaviour?

He was wearing black trousers he'd purchased earlier in the day at Tesco's according to him, so his mother was obviously mistaken/or lying in her witness statement and during her evidence given at trial. He also said he had on a black leather jacket and a checked reddish shirt of some description.

I never got to see the photographs seized back in 2002, taken the day after the murder at a family gathering, because his family - represented by his brother - made sure they got them back

After Simons death, anything of monetary or sentimental value seized back in 2002 following his arrest, was given to his family (Shaun), anything else came to me. The family dug their heels in over this.

I wanted his letters* but no way were his family going to allow me to have them. Why? What didn't they want me to see?

* The letters had been written by Lynn Hall to Simin Hall and vice versa, whilst he was on remand; among other letters.

I have a list of all seized items somewhere which Siffolk police put together after Simons death.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2017, 10:14:07 PM by Stephanie »

Offline Nicholas

« Reply #29 on: October 14, 2017, 09:44:14 PM »
I used to have many very long telephone conversations with Stephanie about Simon's case at the time of his last appeal.  I am still convinced that Stephanie genuinely loved the guy and believed everything that he told her about the morning Mrs Albert was murdered.  In the beginning I also believed Simon's account of what occurred that morning as the prosecution timings looked weak and there were others in the frame. Over time though I came to suspect that Simon was not being as honest as he could have been and especially so when he admitted to having broke into Zenith double glazing in Ipswich hours before Mrs Albert was murdered.  This admission was promoted as an alibi but it backfired big time and eventually led to him confessing to what actually happened that morning.

I truly believe that Stephanie was misled by Simon and others who convinced her of his innocence despite his proven propensity to violence.  I also believe that certain individuals, whom I cannot name for obvious reasons, lied to police and knew very well that Simon was guilty. They got off Scot free imo but carry a very heavy burden with them to this day.  Had they come clean he might still be alive and a free man today having served his full sentence for murder.

Thanks for giving me a voice btw John

It was virtually impossible to post on blue due to the constant harassment and abuse I received each time I posted.