Author Topic: A Simple Question.  (Read 5189 times)

Offline barrier

Re: A Simple Question.
« Reply #15 on: March 11, 2018, 04:50:43 PM »
How could they? There's no such thing in the UK.

Some of the people the PJ interviewed on behalf of SY were named as having arguido status in the media; others weren't.

Assuming that that is correct, it may have been the witnesses themselves who requested the status in order to benefit from certain rights. My reasoning for that is that when I last checked, at the time, I couldn't find any legal provision for temporary arguido status in the Portuguese CPP, but neither did I find any provision as to a temporary status in the event of a foreign police force requesting such interviews.

AIFAIK, they are no longer arguidos, which makes me think that it was an ad hoc provision to allow temporary status for the purpose of UK inquiries.

Sauces say it was to protect the Arguidos.

The BBC source said: “The 'arguido' [suspect] status was given to the suspects to protect them.
“It gives them legal rights including the right to remain silent and to have a lawyer present during interviews.
“They were declared arguido due to being identified as suspects in a letter of international request sent by the British to the Portuguese authorities.”

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/madeleinemccann/10942089/Madeleine-McCann-suspects-questioning-leads-to-no-new-developments.html
Ah,but I may as well try and catch the wind.

Offline Alice Purjorick

« Reply #16 on: March 11, 2018, 04:55:08 PM »
A very, very simple question that only requires only a yes or no answer.

If OG and the PJ were investigating the McCann’s and their friend’s role in Madeleine’s disappearance do you think they would tell the general public ?

It always pays to announce your intentions, you then have the element of surprise on your side.
It's okay to reinvent the wheel, but only when you understand how the current wheel works.

Offline Robittybob1

• Executive Member
  • Wisdom and understanding please.
    • Help to solve the Madeleine McCann case
« Reply #17 on: March 11, 2018, 05:49:30 PM »

If OG and the PJ were investigating the McCann’s and their friend’s role in Madeleine’s disappearance do you think they would tell the general public ?
Yes  - For if they were investigating the McCanns when they say they are not no one is going to trust SY ever again.
What are you doing to find Madeleine?
https://www.youcaring.com/madeleinemccann-1080869

Offline barrier

« Reply #18 on: March 11, 2018, 05:58:44 PM »
Yes  - For if they were investigating the McCanns when they say they are not no one is going to trust SY ever again.
Mark Rowley:We will not comment on other parts of our investigation - it does not help the teams investigating to give a commentary on those aspects.

Offline Robittybob1

• Executive Member
  • Wisdom and understanding please.
    • Help to solve the Madeleine McCann case
« Reply #19 on: March 11, 2018, 06:18:39 PM »
Mark Rowley:We will not comment on other parts of our investigation - it does not help the teams investigating to give a commentary on those aspects.
But didn't they say they are not looking at the parents etc?
What are you doing to find Madeleine?
https://www.youcaring.com/madeleinemccann-1080869

Offline barrier

« Reply #20 on: March 11, 2018, 06:25:55 PM »
But didn't they say they are not looking at the parents etc?

Yes,because they looked at the original interview's carried out under the stewardship of Amaral,which would suggest they are satisfied with it all,only concentrating on that which the PJ didn't consider important aka,the supposed burglars, now who was right one wonders.

Offline Vertigo Swirl

« Reply #21 on: March 11, 2018, 10:16:42 PM »

Well, they did tell us about the people in Portugal they were questioning as arguidos, so quite possibly - if not directly then perhaps via leaks to the media.
Here's a simple yes/no question by return: do you believe the McCanns are currently the investigation's main suspects?

Offline Faithlilly

« Reply #22 on: March 11, 2018, 10:45:43 PM »
Well, they did tell us about the people in Portugal they were questioning as arguidos, so quite possibly - if not directly then perhaps via leaks to the media.
Here's a simple yes/no question by return: do you believe the McCanns are currently the investigation's main suspects?

Hard to know without more information.
Moral Guilt
Detractors of the work of our British Police in bringing criminals to justice generally ignore the important distinction between moral proof and legal evidence of guilt. In not a few cases that are popularly classed with 'unsolved mysteries of crime,' the offender is known, but evidence is wanting. If, for example, in- a recent murder case of special notoriety and interest,* certain human remains had not been found in a cellar, a great crime would have been catalogued among `Police failures'; and yet, even without the evidence which sent the murderer to the gallows, the moral proof of his guilt would have been full and clear.
Robert Anderson

Offline Vertigo Swirl

« Reply #23 on: March 12, 2018, 08:06:59 AM »
Hard to know without more information.
Why wasn't that an option when you were asking the questions?!

Offline slartibartfast

« Reply #24 on: March 12, 2018, 08:51:48 AM »
Why wasn't that an option when you were asking the questions?!

Because they were two very different questions, the first being a question of logic that could be answered based on the information in the question, the second being a matter of opinion based on an individual’s understanding of the case.
Helping Elite sufferers of NPD for over 2 years...

Online Davel

« Reply #25 on: March 12, 2018, 09:12:35 AM »
Because they were two very different questions, the first being a question of logic that could be answered based on the information in the question, the second being a matter of opinion based on an individual’s understanding of the case.

The first one is a matter of opinion too and why should a poster try to restrict the answer to a, question rather than let posters, answer as they want...
UNLESS OTHERWISE STATED ALL POSTS ARE MY OPINION

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #26 on: March 12, 2018, 09:27:00 AM »
The first one is a matter of opinion too and why should a poster try to restrict the answer to a, question rather than let posters, answer as they want...

What other answer to the question could there be, other than yes or no?

Maybe? Maybe not?

Offline jassi

« Reply #27 on: March 12, 2018, 09:32:36 AM »
The OP asked for a simple yes/no answer. Those unhappy with that needn't answer.
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -   11 years and still no solution.

Online Davel

« Reply #28 on: March 12, 2018, 09:33:33 AM »

I don't think they would answer the question

Online Davel

« Reply #29 on: March 12, 2018, 09:34:10 AM »
The OP asked for a simple yes/no answer. Those unhappy with that needn't answer.

Or we can answer withe answer of ourchoice