Author Topic: ITV Developing A Series Based On The Case Of Jeremy Bamber  (Read 3768 times)

Offline APRIL

Re: ITV Developing A Series Based On The Case Of Jeremy Bamber
« Reply #15 on: May 07, 2018, 08:15:29 PM »
Regarding the ITV series I have to say I am not hopeful that it will be in any way enlightening. In my opinion Requiem left a lot to be desired in terms of plot holes and unsustained flights of fancy. If that sort of flimsy gets painted onto the Bamber story I feel it may just convince a whole new bunch of numpties that he might be innocent!

Alice, I've yet to see ITV do anything BBC couldn't have done better.........but of course, that's just MY opinion.

Offline Alice

« Reply #16 on: May 07, 2018, 08:18:48 PM »
Requiem was BBC but u could have taken it for ITV on a bad day! It was not the usual BBC quality I thought

Offline adam

« Reply #17 on: May 07, 2018, 08:20:53 PM »
Regarding the ITV series I have to say I am not hopeful that it will be in any way enlightening. In my opinion Requiem left a lot to be desired in terms of plot holes and unsustained flights of fancy. If that sort of flimsy gets painted onto the Bamber story I feel it may just convince a whole new bunch of numpties that he might be innocent!

That is right.

A 6 part series will be padded out as a 'who done it' rather than focusing on the evidence that convicted Bamber. That will create publicity & increase viewers.

More David's & Nigel's will join the Blue forum.

Offline Alice

« Reply #18 on: May 07, 2018, 08:58:28 PM »
A bad move all round just to bump up viewing figures. I cant imagine poor Colin Caffell will welcome this or any of the relations in Tolleshunt.

Offline Stephanie

« Reply #19 on: May 07, 2018, 09:54:24 PM »
That is right.

A 6 part series will be padded out as a 'who done it' rather than focusing on the evidence that convicted Bamber. That will create publicity & increase viewers.

More David's & Nigel's will join the Blue forum.

Adam do you think Mike/Nigel's forum will still be online by the time the drama series is aired?
"When flying monkeys come calling, just click your ruby slippers together and remember that even narcs can be defeated once you know the truth"

Offline adam

« Reply #20 on: May 07, 2018, 10:22:35 PM »
Adam do you think Mike/Nigel's forum will still be online by the time the drama series is aired?

I do. Can't see why it would be taken down.

The 'Crimes that shook Britain' got a lot of people interested in the case & supporting Bamber. A 6 parter suggesting Sheila may have been the killer will do the same.

Offline Caroline

« Reply #21 on: May 08, 2018, 12:47:40 AM »
I do. Can't see why it would be taken down.

The 'Crimes that shook Britain' got a lot of people interested in the case & supporting Bamber. A 6 parter suggesting Sheila may have been the killer will do the same.

I didn't see any mention of it being centered on Sheila as the killer?

Offline Alice

« Reply #22 on: May 08, 2018, 07:27:43 AM »
I dont think they will reveal what their slant is but if it is anything like that Requiem rubbish it will be full of weird unanswered questions and a full on dose of the supernatural.

Offline APRIL

« Reply #23 on: May 08, 2018, 07:46:57 AM »
I dont think they will reveal what their slant is but if it is anything like that Requiem rubbish it will be full of weird unanswered questions and a full on dose of the supernatural.

The supernatural has already been introduced featuring esoteric symbols/numbers and Sheila's claims of being a white witch.

Offline Stephanie

« Reply #24 on: May 08, 2018, 09:15:11 AM »

It won't.
"When flying monkeys come calling, just click your ruby slippers together and remember that even narcs can be defeated once you know the truth"

Offline adam

« Reply #25 on: May 08, 2018, 09:21:13 AM »

It didn't. Do you believe a 6 part drama will just focus on Bamber as the killer ?

It will cover both possibilities to make the drama more entertaining for the viewers. This will result in people thinking Bamber may be innocent. Just as you did after watching the 'Crimes that shook Britain' documentary.

Offline Stephanie

« Reply #26 on: May 08, 2018, 09:28:56 AM »
It didn't. Do you believe a 6 part drama will just focus on Bamber as the killer ?

It will cover both possibilities to make the drama more entertaining for the viewers. This will result in people thinking Bamber may be innocent. Just as you did after watching the 'Crimes that shook Britain' documentary.

Do you not think it will also focus on his "groupies?"

https://www.cameronsmanagement.com.au/kris-mrska/

Offline adam

« Reply #27 on: May 08, 2018, 09:43:02 AM »
Do you not think it will also focus on his "groupies?"

https://www.cameronsmanagement.com.au/kris-mrska/

Six hour long episodes could be -

Childhood & build up to 7th August 1985. For both Bamber & Sheila.

Massacre reconstruction for both Bamber & Sheila. The aftermath over the next 24 hours.

The next month leading up to Bamber's arrest. The police changing direction.

Work of defence & prosecution lawyers over the next 12 months.

Trial.

Bambers 'Campaign for Freedom' over the next 30+ years. 

----------

Throughout the 6 parts, Bamber is protesting his innocence. The first 2 episodes suggest it could have been Sheila & has the police saying it was Sheila. So people unfamilar with the case will start thinking Bamber may be innocent.

« Last Edit: May 08, 2018, 11:39:24 AM by adam »

Offline adam

« Reply #28 on: May 08, 2018, 11:34:36 AM »
A 6 part ITV drama is a no lose situation for Bamber -

It won't make current supporters change their mind.

It won't make current guilters change their mind.

It will be watched by millions which is huge publicity for Bamber.

Out of the millions watching, some newbies will join the 'Campaign for Freedom'.

Offline Alice

« Reply #29 on: May 08, 2018, 12:17:30 PM »
The supernatural has already been introduced featuring esoteric symbols/numbers and Sheila's claims of being a white witch.

Indeed and you can be sure the writer will ham that up for all its worth. I dread to think how bad it could be!