Author Topic: Is the maddie fund.... now a secret fund  (Read 4874 times)

Offline Vertigo Swirl

Re: Is the maddie fund.... now a secret fund
« Reply #30 on: June 28, 2018, 12:37:41 PM »
All the information is here;
http://www.gerrymccannsblogs.co.uk/press/58feb12/MCCANNFILES_20_02_2012.htm

The only response from anyone connected to the Fund was from Clarence Mitchell;

I have now been authorised to issue the following brief statement from Madeleine's Fund in response to your approach:

"Madeleine's Fund - Leaving No Stone Unturned Limited" fulfils all of its legal requirements through the filing and public declaration of all the information that is legally required of it. It exists to support the search for Madeleine and remains entirely dedicated to finding her through everything that it does, fully in line with its published objectives."

I appreciate that this does not directly address your specific questions but this is all that the Fund wishes, or needs, to state at present. I hope it is helpful nonetheless.

Kind regards,

Clarence
Did O'Dowd write to the Fund to complain about it? I'm not wading through that lot again.  a precis would be useful.

Offline Vertigo Swirl

« Reply #31 on: June 28, 2018, 12:39:14 PM »

I don't believe that argument can hold? We have been told benefactors were giving them financial assistance and other help.  How much has been spent of searching for this 'abducted child'  ?

A whole community of volunteers, Private investigators, police force, now two police forces.. Care to put a price on all this?

The parents were never left to search by themselves at all. They never gave up their jobs to find Madeleine, in fact they made no sacrifices what so ever. Did the visiting family 'look' 'search' for MBM?
Kate gave up her job didn't she?  I suppose you'd have her traveling the world knocking on paedos' doors.

Offline Robittybob1

• Executive Member
  • Wisdom and understanding please.
    • Help to solve the Madeleine McCann case
« Reply #32 on: June 28, 2018, 12:42:04 PM »
Kate gave up her job didn't she?  I suppose you'd have her traveling the world knocking on paedos' doors.
well yes.

Online Brietta

« Reply #33 on: June 28, 2018, 12:45:19 PM »

I don't believe that argument can hold? We have been told benefactors were giving them financial assistance and other help.  How much has been spent of searching for this 'abducted child'  ?

A whole community of volunteers, Private investigators, police force, now two police forces.. Care to put a price on all this?

The parents were never left to search by themselves at all. They never gave up their jobs to find Madeleine, in fact they made no sacrifices what so ever. Did the visiting family 'look' 'search' for MBM?

In my opinion without the Fund Madeleine's parents would have been unable to keep the search for her going in the way they did from 2007 until 2013 when Madeleine's case was reopened by the Policia Judiciaria and by Scotland Yard.

Madeleine's fund has been handled competently and more importantly perhaps, legally throughout the timescale of its existence.

In my opinion objections to the fund equate with objections to financing the search for a missing child.  If that is not the case ... what are the reasons for the objections?
The remit of Operation Grange is to investigate ...  "(as if the abduction occurred in the UK)"

Offline Miss Taken Identity

« Reply #34 on: June 28, 2018, 12:46:30 PM »
What  the money from libel settlements?  Who said?  If the McCanns chose to put it in the Fund that was up to them - there was no obligation to anyone (apart from Madeleine) to do so - certainly it's none of your business what they did with their libel settlements.

Kizzy did not mention libel money. This is a goading post IMO.

Putting all the money in one basket, so to speak, meant they could access all the fund money to do as they pleased.

A separate account to use their own libel money and book money to pay for legal fees and travel back and forth to  Portugal- staying in first class hotels etc   couldn't be done because?

They have as  told  us in past year, that they have separated some of the funds money... hmmmm
'Never underestimate the power of stupid people'... George Carlin

Online carlymichelle

« Reply #35 on: June 28, 2018, 12:48:35 PM »
IMO   it   wasnt a  fund   for  maddie    it was gerry and kates that people  donated    too not maddie  because they  thought it  was a  charity it  wasnt  though  maddies name made/makes peoplle  donate to it imho

Offline Robittybob1

• Executive Member
  • Wisdom and understanding please.
    • Help to solve the Madeleine McCann case
« Reply #36 on: June 28, 2018, 12:51:24 PM »
IMO   it   wasnt a  fund   for  maddie    it was gerry and kates that people  donated    too not maddie  because they  thought it  was a  charity it  wasnt  though  maddies name made/makes peoplle  donate to it imho
If I understood that correctly I tend to agree.
What are you doing to find Madeleine?
https://www.youcaring.com/madeleinemccann-1080869

Online G-Unit

« Reply #37 on: June 28, 2018, 12:51:43 PM »
Why have there been such vitriolic attacks which obviously have no substance attached to them directed towards Madeleine's Fund since its inception in 2007 till the present day?

What is it people are objecting to?

The fund was set up to finance the search for a missing little girl ... whose death the lead detective in her case insisted on without one iota of supporting evidence ... at a time when only her parents were searching for her.

Is the objection that her parents continued the search for Madeleine using the fund do do so?  As far as I am concerned no fund equalled no search for Madeleine.  Is that what these objectors wanted?

I have seen no 'vitriolic attacks' on the Fund on this thread, so that's not an issue which needs to be discussed. Neither do the reasons for the setting up and continued existence of the Fund need to be discussed.

The thread was set up to discuss the secrecy associated with this Fund. As openness and transparency and adherence to certain guidelines were promised, why were those undertakings abandoned?
Accept nothing
Believe no-one
Confirm everything

Offline jassi

« Reply #38 on: June 28, 2018, 12:51:48 PM »
All water under the bridge now as they seem to have disposed of the bulk of it on one thing or another.
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -   11 years and still no solution.

Offline Miss Taken Identity

« Reply #39 on: June 28, 2018, 12:52:02 PM »
well yes.

Why pay a dog and bark yourself?

We don't know the reasons for her giving up her GP job do we? And she , Like Gerry, became Directors of a company, and then got a job with 'Missing Persons' ... It is paid job? we don't know.

I wonder what the director gets paid for that 'charity'
'Never underestimate the power of stupid people'... George Carlin

Online Brietta

« Reply #40 on: June 28, 2018, 01:01:17 PM »
I have seen no 'vitriolic attacks' on the Fund on this thread, so that's not an issue which needs to be discussed. Neither do the reasons for the setting up and continued existence of the Fund need to be discussed.

The thread was set up to discuss the secrecy associated with this Fund. As openness and transparency and adherence to certain guidelines were promised, why were those undertakings abandoned?

As with all funds one is at liberty to chose to donate or not.  Those have concerns about any aspect of the legality of the Fund as it affects them surely have a duty to report those concerns to the appropriate authorities.

In my opinion all else sails very close to a cowardly 'innocent face' wind.
The remit of Operation Grange is to investigate ...  "(as if the abduction occurred in the UK)"

Online G-Unit

« Reply #41 on: June 28, 2018, 01:09:49 PM »
Did O'Dowd write to the Fund to complain about it? I'm not wading through that lot again.  a precis would be useful.

That's not really the point. The point is that they don't do what they said they would do.
Accept nothing
Believe no-one
Confirm everything

Online Davel

« Reply #42 on: June 28, 2018, 01:16:44 PM »
The SC were unequivocal imo in what it stated.

I actually agree 100%..teh mccanns have not been proved innocent...they havent been charged ...there is no evidence against them...thats why the statement is absurd...could you perhaps give me an example of a suspect who has been proved innocent...Had they gone to court and been found not guilty...that would not be proof of innocence..
« Last Edit: June 28, 2018, 01:19:24 PM by Davel »
UNLESS OTHERWISE STATED ALL POSTS ARE MY OPINION

Online Angelo222

« Reply #43 on: June 28, 2018, 01:31:12 PM »
Why have there been such vitriolic attacks which obviously have no substance attached to them directed towards Madeleine's Fund since its inception in 2007 till the present day?

What is it people are objecting to?

The fund was set up to finance the search for a missing little girl ... whose death the lead detective in her case insisted on without one iota of supporting evidence ... at a time when only her parents were searching for her.

Is the objection that her parents continued the search for Madeleine using the fund do do so?  As far as I am concerned no fund equalled no search for Madeleine.  Is that what these objectors wanted?

To be honest, if it was my daughter that had disappeared and I was completely innocent of any wrongdoing then I would spend ever hour I have looking for her in Portugual and not sitting on my backside in Rothley.  I don't care what anyone says, I think it very callous behaviour.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2018, 01:34:11 PM by Angelo222 »
De troothe has the annoying habit of coming to the surface just when you least expect it!!

Je ne regrette rien!!

Offline Carana

« Reply #44 on: June 28, 2018, 01:33:53 PM »
As the libel action concerned them, then yes.  The Fund was set up to receive public donations and that is how it should have remained IMO.

I don't see the problem.  Kate donated her own income from the royalties, as a member of the public, to the Fund.