Author Topic: Would the libel case had a different result if pecuniary damages weren't sought?  (Read 2193 times)

Offline Faithlilly

Moral Guilt
Detractors of the work of our British Police in bringing criminals to justice generally ignore the important distinction between moral proof and legal evidence of guilt. In not a few cases that are popularly classed with 'unsolved mysteries of crime,' the offender is known, but evidence is wanting. If, for example, in- a recent murder case of special notoriety and interest,* certain human remains had not been found in a cellar, a great crime would have been catalogued among `Police failures'; and yet, even without the evidence which sent the murderer to the gallows, the moral proof of his guilt would have been full and clear.
Robert Anderson

Offline Faithlilly

Try reading the article

I have perhaps you should ?
Moral Guilt
Detractors of the work of our British Police in bringing criminals to justice generally ignore the important distinction between moral proof and legal evidence of guilt. In not a few cases that are popularly classed with 'unsolved mysteries of crime,' the offender is known, but evidence is wanting. If, for example, in- a recent murder case of special notoriety and interest,* certain human remains had not been found in a cellar, a great crime would have been catalogued among `Police failures'; and yet, even without the evidence which sent the murderer to the gallows, the moral proof of his guilt would have been full and clear.
Robert Anderson

Online Davel

I have perhaps you should ?
It's Portugal the mccanns case is against....what difference will the position of  England make to that...LOL
UNLESS OTHERWISE STATED ALL POSTS ARE MY OPINION

Offline Faithlilly

It's Portugal the mccanns case is against....what difference will the position of  England make to that...LOL

Oh dear !  @)(++(*

Moral Guilt
Robert Anderson

Online Davel

Oh dear !  @)(++(*

Do you really no understand that simple fact...for those who do understand you are making a fool of your self

Offline Faithlilly

Do you really no understand that simple fact...for those who do understand you are making a cooling your self

@)(++(* Cooling yourself ?
Moral Guilt
Robert Anderson

Online Davel

@)(++(* Cooling yourself ?

You've made a fool of yourself....the case is against portugal....the only problem would be if Portugal left the ECHR

Offline Carana

An interesting question has arisen elsewhere.  Do members think the Kate & Gerry McCann v Amaral & Others libel case would have had a different outcome if pecuniary damages in the sum of €1.2 millioon hadn't been sought?

Interesting question...

Offline slartibartfast

An interesting question has arisen elsewhere.  Do members think the Kate & Gerry McCann v Amaral & Others libel case would have had a different outcome if pecuniary damages in the sum of €1.2 millioon hadn't been sought?

I don’t know, however IMO the size of the initial award virtually guaranteed an appeal.
Helping Elite sufferers of NPD for over 2 years...

Offline Robittybob1

• Executive Member
  • Wisdom and understanding please.
    • Help to solve the Madeleine McCann case
Do you really no understand that simple fact...for those who do understand you are making a fool of your self
Moderator comment:  "you are making a fool of your self"  That comes every close to personal insult - take care. 
What are you doing to find Madeleine?
https://www.youcaring.com/madeleinemccann-1080869

Offline Erngath

Moderator comment:  "you are making a fool of your self"  That comes every close to personal insult - take care.

Yet no objection to mistaken saying that supporters fawn at the McCanns and look on them as dieties.
I found that personally insulting and reported it as such and responded to her post indicating my feeling that her post was goading and insulting but yet the the post remains?
Amaral, making money from a disappeared child, and clearly without a clue.

Offline Robittybob1

• Executive Member
  • Wisdom and understanding please.
    • Help to solve the Madeleine McCann case
Yet no objection to mistaken saying that supporters fawn at the McCanns and look on them as dieties.
I found that personally insulting and reported it as such and responded to her post indicating my feeling that her post was goading and insulting but yet the the post remains?
Maybe John will do the deed later.   To me saying "saying that supporters fawn at the McCanns and look on them as deities" is slightly over my head to work out whether it breaks any rules.
What are you doing to find Madeleine?
https://www.youcaring.com/madeleinemccann-1080869

Online G-Unit

The 1.2 Million was made up of 5 separate claims. Three were rejected by the first judge because the claimants were unable to prove them, not because of the amount claimed.
Accept nothing
Believe no-one
Confirm everything

Online Davel

You may have noticed faith tried to lecture me insisting that Brexit might affect the McCann's appeal to the, ECHR..... not realising that this, would, have no effect at, all as, the case, was, against portugal...