Author Topic: Alesha McPhail disappeared- found Police claim she was murdered.  (Read 402 times)

Online Vertigo Swirl

Re: Alesha McPhail disappeared- found Police claim she was murdered.
« Reply #15 on: July 06, 2018, 08:23:26 AM »

No nothing sinister intended- just seems the article has been updated.

I Can't see anyone disappointed - could be just your mind VS

Isle of Bute murder: Male aged under 18 is arrested after girl, 6, found ...
https://www.telegraph.co.uk › News
23 hours ago - By Wednesday, the focus of the police investigation had shifted to the house of the grandparents. The two cars are believed to have belonged to the child's father Rab and grandfather Calum. ... "Anyone who has CCTV at their home or business, or indeed any motorists with dashcam footage which might ...
There’s nothing in that link about cars belonging to the family being checked either - you seem quite keen to push this angle.  Out of interest, why did you draw attention to this case on the Madeleine McCann forum?

Offline kizzy

« Reply #16 on: July 06, 2018, 08:51:35 AM »
There’s nothing in that link about cars belonging to the family being checked either - you seem quite keen to push this angle.  Out of interest, why did you draw attention to this case on the Madeleine McCann forum?

No you are the one pushing it - for some strange reason.

just put the below in your search engine - you will find it.

And by Wednesday, the focus of the police investigation had shifted to the house of the grandparents. The two cars are believed to have belonged to the child’s father Rab and grandfather Calum.
POSTS ARE -  MY OWN OPINION

Offline kizzy

« Reply #17 on: July 06, 2018, 09:06:33 AM »
I was surprised the mccanns were not mentioned - seems to be a first.

They always seem to have a mention in cases of abduction. - especially as Alesha was abducted from her bed.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2018, 10:18:01 PM by John »

Online ShiningInLuz

« Reply #18 on: July 06, 2018, 09:35:53 AM »
No one will want to discuss it now that the parents or grandparents haven’t been charged.  In any case discussing a case at this stage puts a fair trial in jeopardy so why would you want to do that?
Out of the two people resident in our part of the house, two people wish to discuss it i.e. 100%.

As for the fair trial argument, that does not get off the ground.  The media will continue to report the case, irrespective of your opinion.
Portelas installed. Plus Gonçalo!  And F1!  And the World Cup!

Online Vertigo Swirl

« Reply #19 on: July 06, 2018, 09:36:13 AM »

I was surprised the mccanns were not mentioned - seems to be a first.

They always seem to have a mention in cases of abduction. - especially as Alesha was abducted from her bed.
We do not know the circumstances of this case yet, I prefer not to speculate or quote already out of date newspaper reports.

Online Vertigo Swirl

« Reply #20 on: July 06, 2018, 09:38:19 AM »
Out of the two people resident in our part of the house, two people wish to discuss it i.e. 100%.

As for the fair trial argument, that does not get off the ground.  The media will continue to report the case, irrespective of your opinion.
Discuss it in private until your hearts are content, discussing it in public is less wise.  The media has a responsibility not to speculate wildly, or name the charged individual .  In Internet Land anything and everything goes.  And you don’t think this is in any way prejudicial?  Well fill your boots then.

Offline jassi

« Reply #21 on: July 06, 2018, 09:48:37 AM »
From what I read in the papers, this boy is up in the Sheriffs Court today so the papers will report what he is actually charged with.
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -   11 years and still no solution.

Offline Brietta

« Reply #22 on: July 06, 2018, 10:54:54 AM »
Off the top of my head and John will keep me right on this if I get it wrong.

As far as Scots law is concerned, now that charges have been laid the only thing which will be reported concerning the case will be what happens in court and the information put into the public domain as a result.

There may be general background information ... but editors will be careful that whatever is printed from now on in will be scrutinised to ensure there is no breach which could be considered Contempt of Court.
I'm not sure what can be reported about the defendant beyond what is said in court which at this stage will only be the name (except as a juvenile he can't be named) and the charges he will face and whether or not he will be held in custody. 
I think any speculation regarding the defendant beyond that is barred.  Also ... he is a juvenile ... his identity will be protected and any other information about him will be too.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2018, 10:21:12 PM by John »
The remit of Operation Grange is to investigate ...  "(as if the abduction occurred in the UK)"

Offline kizzy

« Reply #23 on: July 06, 2018, 11:04:27 AM »

I know this - but i was pointing out to you ...the grandparents did not live in a attic

and who the cars belonged to - VS IMO turned it into a silly game.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2018, 10:21:33 PM by John »

Offline Brietta

« Reply #24 on: July 06, 2018, 11:45:32 AM »

I know this - but i was pointing out to you ...the grandparents did not live in a attic

The point is ... Alesha's grandparents do live in a two bedroom attic which is situated at the top of a house which could have up to four other flats containing residents beneath them.
The entrances and exits ... the front and back grounds of the property will be communal and shared between all the residents of that house as will the parking area for vehicles.

The police have not stated whose vehicles they have taken away as part of their inquiry ... therefore you are speculating on that.

In my opinion the starter for any 'silly games' was the introduction of Alesha's disappearance to the McCann board in the first place in combination with denial of known fact.
That is that the house Alesha's gran and granpa live in is an attic flat property shared between it and other residences.

A little girl has been murdered ... her life snuffed out and the lives of any who knew her changed irrevocably.  In my opinion that, and the fact it happened on a tranquil island where the locals know each other very well is a matter of the greatest sorrow.

In my opinion it is beneath contempt to trivialise that monumental event for the sake of scoring points in a meaningless argument.
A little girl who should have been running about covered in factor 50 isn't and won't do so again.  Instead the police are searching for clues to her murder among the pools and rocks she should have been clambering over today.
The remit of Operation Grange is to investigate ...  "(as if the abduction occurred in the UK)"

Online Vertigo Swirl

« Reply #25 on: July 06, 2018, 12:56:07 PM »

How did I turn you mentioning who the cars allegedly belonged to (4 times) into a "silly game" exactly? 

Offline Brietta

« Reply #26 on: July 06, 2018, 01:02:47 PM »
That is that the house Alesha's gran and granpa live in is an attic flat property shared between it and other residences.

One parent, whose daughter was due to play with Alesha on Thursday, said the grandparents had recently finished creating a little bedroom for the girl in the top floor of their house.

You obviously fail to understand that many seafront villas have now been converted from one dwelling into flats the number and size of which depends on how the building was sub divided.
Alesha's grandparents live in an attic flat in such a conversion.
The above image is taken from a current property advertisement for the sale of a ground floor property in the same street where Alisha's grandparents reside.
The house which is similar in style to that property has obviously been converted to flats.

May I say ~ in my opinion ~ this ranks as amongst the weirdest discussion I have had on the forum.

Offline Davel

« Reply #27 on: July 06, 2018, 04:14:32 PM »
So a poor child abducted from her bedroom whilst adults were in the house...also...a planned abduction it would seem...so was maddie targetted in a similar way...obviously quiite possibly
« Last Edit: July 06, 2018, 04:18:47 PM by Davel »
UNLESS OTHERWISE STATED ALL POSTS ARE MY OPINION

Offline kizzy

« Reply #28 on: July 06, 2018, 05:53:50 PM »
You don't know  if Alesha was took from her bed

You don't know if it was planed.

You don't know who was in the house

Don't you be blaming me.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2018, 10:24:36 PM by John »

Offline jassi

« Reply #29 on: July 06, 2018, 06:26:20 PM »
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -   11 years and still no solution.