Author Topic: Alesha McPhail disappeared- found Police claim she was murdered.  (Read 694 times)

Offline Vertigo Swirl

"Oh dear. Madeleine McCann trending. That's twitterspeak for 'And now, the absolute worst of humanity.'" -
David Baddiel

Offline Miss Taken Identity

Re: Alesha McPhail disappeared- found Police claim she was murdered.
« Reply #31 on: July 06, 2018, 06:48:36 PM »
ISLE ARREST Isle of Bute murder latest – Teenage boy, 16, arrested on suspicion of murder after Alesha MacPhail’s body found
The six-year-old's body was discovered in woodlands in Rothesay on Monday morning, less than three hours after she was reported missing from her grandparents' home

By Katy Pagan
5th July 2018

A TEENAGE boy has been arrested on suspicion of murder after the death of schoolgirl Alesha MacPhail.

The six-year-old’s body was discovered in woodlands on the Isle of Bute on Monday morning, less than three hours after she was reported missing from her grandparents’ home.

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/news/scottish-news/2883459/alesha-macphail-murder-teenage-boy-arrested-isle-of-bute-rothesay/

John, I wanted this moved away from the Maddie thread to sit within the other missing children for discussion.

It is a rabble over on that thread now.  can you move it and point out it has been re directed?
'Never underestimate the power of stupid people'... George Carlin

Offline jassi

« Reply #32 on: July 06, 2018, 07:04:46 PM »
Terrible.

Indeed. What motivates such people ?
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -   11 years and still no solution.

« Reply #33 on: July 06, 2018, 07:20:16 PM »
Indeed. What motivates such people ?

It will be interesting to see what his defence is.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2018, 07:32:14 PM by Brietta »

Online Davel

« Reply #34 on: July 06, 2018, 07:21:44 PM »

So mental illness.... Simple
« Last Edit: July 06, 2018, 07:32:45 PM by Brietta »
UNLESS OTHERWISE STATED ALL POSTS ARE MY OPINION

« Reply #35 on: July 06, 2018, 07:34:29 PM »
So mental illness.... Simple

No its not that simple.

« Reply #36 on: July 06, 2018, 07:36:34 PM »

why was my post outlining possible motivations for this type of crime has been removed?

Online Davel

« Reply #37 on: July 06, 2018, 07:36:51 PM »
No its not that simple.

It is that simple... There may be a variety of causes... Conditions and diagnoses... But it's a mental illness

« Reply #38 on: July 06, 2018, 07:56:42 PM »
It is that simple... There may be a variety of causes... Conditions and diagnoses... But it's a mental illness

It most certainly  is NOT. it can be a lifestyle choice to carry out sexual fantasies. Using mental illness is a vile excuse. You really don't have any first hand experience of these matters.

Online Davel

« Reply #39 on: July 06, 2018, 08:00:02 PM »
It most certainly  is NOT. it can be a lifestyle choice to carry out sexual fantasies. Using mental illness is a vile excuse. You really don't have any first hand experience of these matters.

I doubt you have any real knowledge.  Mental illness is very poorly understood..... Rape and murder of a six year old is certainly not normal behaviour

« Reply #40 on: July 06, 2018, 08:12:14 PM »
I doubt you have any real knowledge.  Mental illness is very poorly understood..... Rape and murder of a six year old is certainly not normal behaviour

I do have knowledge!   'not normal behaviour' as defined by whom... you?  It is very normal for someone carrying out a fetish or fantasies.

It used to be 'abnormal behaviour' to be gay/lesbian. it carried a prison term, and poor victims were traumatised and tortured in mental health wards to try and 'cure' them. Thankfully it has been accepted as a  life style choice, as not all gay/lesbians have sexual relationships for many reasons they abstain.  The fact that the defence has not declared anything puts your known facts, your opinion,  in the 'wait and see file'.

Rape and murder  is not always mental illness. I have explained, but the mod doesn't want it discussed.

The Litte Jamie Bulgers killers were not deemed to be mentally ill  THAT was certainly not 'normal behaviour'.

Online Davel

« Reply #41 on: July 06, 2018, 08:13:50 PM »
I do have knowledge!   'not normal behaviour' as defined by whom... you?  It is very normal for someone carrying out a fetish or fantasies.

It used to be 'abnormal behaviour' to be gay/lesbian. it carried a prison term, and poor victims were traumatised and tortured in mental health wards to try and 'cure' them. Thankfully it has been accepted as a  life style choice, as not all gay/lesbians have sexual relationships for many reasons they abstain.  The fact that the defence has not declared anything puts your known facts, your opinion,  in the 'wait and see file'.

Rape and murder  is not always mental illness. I have explained, but the mod doesn't want it discussed.

The Litte Jamie Bulgers killers were not deemed to be mentally ill  THAT was certainly not 'normal behaviour'.

So rape and murder of a six year old is a lifestyle choice in your view

« Reply #42 on: July 06, 2018, 08:24:12 PM »
So rape and murder of a six year old is a lifestyle choice in your view

No, not in my view.  I have no view on this case, as I know nothing of the situation/motivation of the accused. AND neither do you. I have just explained there is more than one  motivation to consider for such crimes.

To me it is horrific and desperately sad for  the family. To just blame it on mental illness without carrying out background research is a bad idea and may be wrong! So, it is not that simple as you suggest.

Offline Vertigo Swirl

« Reply #43 on: July 06, 2018, 08:27:16 PM »

Are you equating being gay with being a rapist / muderer?  I sincerely hope not!
"Oh dear. Madeleine McCann trending. That's twitterspeak for 'And now, the absolute worst of humanity.'" -
David Baddiel

« Reply #44 on: July 06, 2018, 08:40:39 PM »
Are you equating being gay with being a rapist / muderer?  I sincerely hope not!

No! I am certainly not!   can you not comprehend my argument?  OR are you just being facetious? How dare you even suggest that for your brownie points.  I was asking what is Davels knowledge of  'abnormal behaviour' and how views have  changed over the years.

I think it is time you stopped with the twisting what people are saying to cause trouble.

To reiterate.  'abnormal behaviour' is judged  by others.  IT USED TO BE IN DAYS GONE BY that being gay and lesbian was seen as abnormal behaviour, and it was deemed as mental illness. It IS not a mental illness it is a life style choice for those who are consenting adults. AND quite right too!

In that same breath some judge rape and murder of children as mental illness  'abnormal behaviour' It may or may not be the case, as it could be motivated by others things like life style choice/fetish for instance.

I am heavily involved in 'pride' activities so any suggestion I am homophobic is ludicrous and a cheap slur!