Author Topic: Alesha McPhail disappeared- found Police claim she was murdered.  (Read 398 times)

Online Davel

Re: Alesha McPhail disappeared- found Police claim she was murdered.
« Reply #45 on: July 06, 2018, 08:49:37 PM »

No, not in my view.  I have no view on this case, as I know nothing of the situation/motivation of the accused. AND neither do you. I have just explained there is more than one  motivation to consider for such crimes.

To me it is horrific and desperately sad for  the family. To just blame it on mental illness without carrying out background research is a bad idea and may be wrong! So, it is not that simple as you suggest.

Obviously  background can affect mental states... PTSD being an example
The bulgerkillers would have received  counselling and therapy... For their mental illness
UNLESS OTHERWISE STATED ALL POSTS ARE MY OPINION

Online Davel

« Reply #46 on: July 06, 2018, 08:53:46 PM »
No! I am certainly not!   can you not comprehend my argument?  OR are you just being facetious? How dare you even suggest that for your brownie points.  I was asking what is Davels knowledge of  'abnormal behaviour' and how views have  changed over the years.

I think it is time you stopped with the twisting what people are saying to cause trouble.

To reiterate.  'abnormal behaviour' is judged  by others.  IT USED TO BE IN DAYS GONE BY that being gay and lesbian was seen as abnormal behaviour, and it was deemed as mental illness. It IS not a mental illness it is a life style choice for those who are consenting adults. AND quite right too!

In that same breath some judge rape and murder of children as mental illness  'abnormal behaviour' It may or may not be the case, as it could be motivated by others things like life style choice/fetish for instance.

I am heavily involved in 'pride' activities so any suggestion I am homophobic is ludicrous and a cheap slur!

So you think the rape and murder of six year olds may one day become normal acceptable behaviour and they can have their own celebration days

Online Davel

« Reply #47 on: July 06, 2018, 08:57:46 PM »
No! I am certainly not!   can you not comprehend my argument?  OR are you just being facetious? How dare you even suggest that for your brownie points.  I was asking what is Davels knowledge of  'abnormal behaviour' and how views have  changed over the years.

I think it is time you stopped with the twisting what people are saying to cause trouble.

To reiterate.  'abnormal behaviour' is judged  by others.  IT USED TO BE IN DAYS GONE BY that being gay and lesbian was seen as abnormal behaviour, and it was deemed as mental illness. It IS not a mental illness it is a life style choice for those who are consenting adults. AND quite right too!

In that same breath some judge rape and murder of children as mental illness  'abnormal behaviour' It may or may not be the case, as it could be motivated by others things like life style choice/fetish for instance.

I am heavily involved in 'pride' activities so any suggestion I am homophobic is ludicrous and a cheap slur!
As someone with knowledge of mental illness can you give us a cite as to when homosexuality was considered a mental illness by the Medical profession

Offline Vertigo Swirl

« Reply #48 on: July 06, 2018, 09:15:29 PM »

Are you actually suggesting that rape and murder of children may not be “abnormal behaviour “?  The mind truly boggles.

Offline Miss Taken Identity

« Reply #49 on: July 06, 2018, 10:29:04 PM »
Obviously  background can affect mental states... PTSD being an example
The bulgerkillers would have received  counselling and therapy... For their mental illness

You have absolutely NO IDEA what the those killers were diagnosed with, why they did it etc, or their treatment so you can stop with the you know it all rubbish.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2018, 10:31:19 PM by John »
'Never underestimate the power of stupid people'... George Carlin

Offline kizzy

« Reply #50 on: July 07, 2018, 07:38:37 AM »
As someone with knowledge of mental illness can you give us a cite as to when homosexuality was considered a mental illness by the Medical profession

First published in 1968, DSM-II (the American classiifcation of mental disorders) listed homosexuality as a mental disorder. In this, the DSM followed in a long tradition in medicine and psychiatry, which in the 19th century appropriated homosexuality from the Church and, in an élan of enlightenment, transformed it from sin to mental disorder.

https://www.psychologytoday.com/gb/blog/hide-and-seek/201509/when-homosexuality-stopped-being-mental-disorder
POSTS ARE -  MY OWN OPINION

Offline kizzy

« Reply #51 on: July 07, 2018, 08:14:45 AM »
So a poor child abducted from her bedroom whilst adults were in the house...also...a planned abduction it would seem...so was maddie targetted in a similar way...obviously quiite possibly

Sthis 16 year old was known to the family

So it rules out stranger abduction - for a start.

Offline Vertigo Swirl

« Reply #52 on: July 08, 2018, 11:34:13 AM »
Parents on the Isle of Bute talk of how safe they felt the island was, how they let their kids roam freely, to play in the same woods where Alesha’s body was discovered, how doors would be left unlocked.  All changed now of course.  Alesha’s grandparents did no phone the police first when they discovered Alesha missing from her bed, they contacted friends and used social media to alert them of her disappearance.
Is it now time to lambast these grandparents  for their carelessness and for not alerting the police instantly?  Should we now accuse the other parents on Bute of neglect because they felt the island was safe enough for their kids to roam about unattended, and for leaving doors unlocked?

Offline Brietta

« Reply #53 on: July 08, 2018, 05:34:49 PM »
Isle of Bute locals raise over £6k for Alesha MacPhail's family in TWO days
The campaign was launched by members of the public on the Isle of Bute where the six-year-old disappeared.
ByJane Hamilton
21:28, 6 JUL 2018
A picture of Alesha MacPhail is left as part of a tribute to the schoolgirl at the house on Ardbeg Road

A fundraising page set up to support tragic Alesha MacPhail's family has smashed its £5000 target in just two days.

The campaign was launched by members of the public on the Isle of Bute where the six-year-old disappeared.

The page said: “To assist this hurting family, we ask that you assist with costs to take just a small part of their burden away, and that you might serve as a source of strength for her immediate and extended family.

"All donations will be forwarded to assist this family during this delicate and painful period.”

Alesha was at the start of a three-week break visiting family on Bute when she was reported missing in the early hours of Monday.

Her body was found a few hours later in woodland near her grandparent's home before cops launched a murder investigation.

A 16-year-old male has since appeared in court charged with the rape and murder of Alesha.

The teenager, who cannot be identified for legal reasons, made no plea during a private appearance at Greenock Sheriff Court today, the Crown Office said.

He was remanded in custody ahead of a second court appearance later in July.

On Thursday, Detective Superintendent Stuart Houston said Alesha's family had shown "incredible bravery through what has been an unimaginable ordeal", and he thanked local people on Bute for their assistance in the investigation.

At the moment the total stands at £6,578.

To donate to the fundraising page click here.
https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/isle-bute-locals-raise-over-12869100

Collecting money for a bereaved family is just what people do ... and in my opinion the more traumatic the circumstances of the loss the more people are inclined to give as a symbol of solidarity and to show how much they care and sympathise.
The remit of Operation Grange is to investigate ...  "(as if the abduction occurred in the UK)"

Offline kizzy

« Reply #54 on: July 09, 2018, 08:50:09 AM »
This is truly a terrible case they do need all the help they can get.

Although at this sad time what they are going through - its good for them to know people are there to help.

Offline kizzy

« Reply #55 on: July 09, 2018, 09:07:15 AM »
Parents on the Isle of Bute talk of how safe they felt the island was, how they let their kids roam freely, to play in the same woods where Alesha’s body was discovered, how doors would be left unlocked.  All changed now of course.  Alesha’s grandparents did no phone the police first when they discovered Alesha missing from her bed, they contacted friends and used social media to alert them of her disappearance.
Is it now time to lambast these grandparents  for their carelessness and for not alerting the police instantly?  Should we now accuse the other parents on Bute of neglect because they felt the island was safe enough for their kids to roam about unattended, and for leaving doors unlocked?

Is it now time to lambast these grandparents  for their carelessness and for not alerting the police instantly?

I Cannot see why you think the grandparents should be lambasted.

They obviously thought there would be a logical explanation Alesha was not there.

Offline Brietta

« Reply #56 on: July 09, 2018, 03:14:57 PM »
Hundreds of locals on Bute attend emotional candlelit vigil in memory of tragic Alesha Macphail
Devastated islanders held the vigil in the town’s Guildford Square to show their support for the six year-old's family.
A makeshift shrine to six-year-old Alesha Macphail was surrounded by candles during the moving vigil (Image: Martin Tyler)
Snip
Hundreds of locals on the Isle of Bute have attended a candlelit vigil in memory of six-year-old Alesha Macphail.

She disappeared last Monday morning and her body was later found in woodland in Rothesay.

Devastated islanders held the vigil to show their support for her family in the town’s Guildford Square.

They encouraged people across the UK to join in the vigil by lighting a candle and posting it to social media with the hashtag #lightforalesha.

A fundraising page set up by members of the public on the island has raised over £10,000 for Alesha’s family in four days.

Around 600 people gathered in the main square in Rothesay near the esplanade.

The vigil began amid late sunlight.

Along with hundreds of candles, photos of the little Alesha were placed on the ground.
https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/hundreds-locals-bute-attend-emotional-12881072
The remit of Operation Grange is to investigate ...  "(as if the abduction occurred in the UK)"

Offline Baz

« Reply #57 on: July 09, 2018, 04:30:21 PM »

Hello, it's a bit off topic but I just wanted to explain that it's not a life style choice and I believe calling it so diminishes the experiences of LGBT people. It's the same reason that 'sexual orientation' has become the accepted term over 'sexual preference' because it makes it sound like LGBT tried them and decided on a preference. It's not overly important in this context I guess but just thought you might like to be made aware.