Author Topic: Are celebrities entitled to special dispensation under the Law?  (Read 1185 times)

Offline Angelo222

Are celebrities entitled to special dispensation under the Law?
« on: February 19, 2020, 11:29:14 PM »
Given the furore over the Caroline Flack suicide in recent days, should celebrities be entitled to special dispensation under the Law?
De troothe has the annoying habit of coming to the surface just when you least expect it!!

Je ne regrette rien!!

Offline Angelo222

Re: Are celebrities entitled to special dispensation under the Law?
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2020, 03:30:43 PM »
The way I see it is this.  These so-called celebrities enjoy the limelight and publicity both on TV and in the glossy magazines but the minute it all goes wrong many become basket cases and shrinking violets.  Should they be taking responsibility for their own actions in life and stop blaming everyone else?

Is it a case of, if they cannot stand the heat, get out of the kitchen?
« Last Edit: February 22, 2020, 03:33:07 PM by Angelo222 »
De troothe has the annoying habit of coming to the surface just when you least expect it!!

Je ne regrette rien!!

Offline Miss Taken Identity

Re: Are celebrities entitled to special dispensation under the Law?
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2020, 06:36:22 PM »
Given the furore over the Caroline Flack suicide in recent days, should celebrities be entitled to special dispensation under the Law?

I had to ask who She was.  I don't think she should have been given special treatment if that was your point?
 However, in context the police force came under fire for letting a brutal male domestic abuse predator off Scot free, and at the same time pursued her relentlessly.  I say equality in all dealings with the law. But that rarely happens. IMO.

She paid a hefty price for what turned out to be a scratch on the head, by her boyfriends account.

No one really knows what triggers people who suffer from depression over the edge- it just seems in this case it was the public response or perceived outcome of a public trial which weighted heavy on her.
'Never underestimate the power of stupid people'... George Carlin