Author Topic: maddie will be 18 this year  (Read 21391 times)

Offline Brietta

Re: maddie will be 18 this year
« Reply #210 on: May 05, 2021, 07:42:04 PM »
Who ruled smithman out of the equation ?

Who ruled him in?
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline Brietta

« Reply #211 on: May 05, 2021, 07:49:43 PM »
You still seem to be trying to give the impression that the two sightings were similar, when they were quite different. The main difference being that the couple seen by the McCluskeys were identified. Fourteen years later the man and child seen by the Smiths have still not been found. Whoever he was he remains an unsolved mystery and should be kept in mind as long as the case continues.

The circumstances and descriptions and given in both the additional statements are so similar one could be forgiven for thinking that one was copied from the other.

That would have been a slam dunk don't you think.  Two independent witness statements both categorically identifying Gerry as the carrier.

Unfortunately Rebelo's investigators checked timelines and witness statements which debunked that notion.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #212 on: May 05, 2021, 07:53:08 PM »
If you can’t tell the difference between on  the one hand speculating that the police were trying to stitch up the McCanns and on the other hand speculating that the parents hid their child’s body and the crime was covered up by their friends then there really is no hope of you understanding very much IMO.   Do you have a cite for Jez Wilkins pulling out of the reconstitution on the basis that no one else would take part?

Speculation is speculation, regardless of the subject. I said Jes would have attended if the others did.  (not what you say I said)

As you mentioned in your message last night if everyone else is on board and I am the only outstanding person saying no I would be more likely to reconsider.
Feel free to call me if you wish to discuss it further.
Best
Jes
https://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/RE_ENACTMENT.htm
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #213 on: May 05, 2021, 08:04:33 PM »
Speculation is speculation, regardless of the subject. I said Jes would have attended if the others did.  (not what you say I said)

As you mentioned in your message last night if everyone else is on board and I am the only outstanding person saying no I would be more likely to reconsider.
Best
Jes

"More likely to reconsider."  Sounds to me that Jez thought it was a stitch up as well.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #214 on: May 05, 2021, 08:12:31 PM »

Best
Jes
So he rejected the idea first off with no prompting, thanks for confirming that what I said earlier was correct.
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #215 on: May 05, 2021, 08:18:02 PM »

Best
Jes
speculation can be nasty ansd spiteful.  When it’s about an institution like a police force speculating on their methods of policing that’s one thing, when it’s directed at specific named individuals speculating on their morals and behaviour and alleged misconduct then that’s quite another IMO.   
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #216 on: May 05, 2021, 09:22:10 PM »
speculation can be nasty ansd spiteful.  When it’s about an institution like a police force speculating on their methods of policing that’s one thing, when it’s directed at specific named individuals speculating on their morals and behaviour and alleged misconduct then that’s quite another IMO.

You weren't speculating about methods of policing though, you were speculating about the motives of the officers.

Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #217 on: May 05, 2021, 09:32:59 PM »
You weren't speculating about methods of policing though, you were speculating about the motives of the officers.

Who were Policemen.  Presumably first and foremost..

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #218 on: May 05, 2021, 10:16:20 PM »
Same difference - the method was the reconstitution, the motive was to “provide the McCanns with an opportunity to prove their innocence”, or in other words to get them to self incriminate.   If that wasn’t the motive what was it?  To find Madeleine?  To establish who took her? 

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #219 on: May 05, 2021, 10:27:18 PM »
Same difference - the method was the reconstitution, the motive was to “provide the McCanns with an opportunity to prove their innocence”, or in other words to get them to self incriminate.   If that wasn’t the motive what was it?  To find Madeleine?  To establish who took her?

It was a face saving exercise in my opinion.  And given the attitude of Robello, I don't think he expected them to agree and probably didn't want them to.  What would have been the point at that late stage?

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #220 on: May 05, 2021, 10:50:45 PM »
It was a face saving exercise in my opinion.  And given the attitude of Robello, I don't think he expected them to agree and probably didn't want them to.  What would have been the point at that late stage?
IMO the police wanted to try and prove that the various accounts and timelines couldn’t mesh seamlessly together which IMo they would have taken as evidence of deception rather than the perfectly natural joint product of 10 separate recollections, all slightly at variance with each other. 

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #221 on: May 05, 2021, 10:57:13 PM »
IMO the police wanted to try and prove that the various accounts and timelines couldn’t mesh seamlessly together which IMo they would have taken as evidence of deception rather than the perfectly natural joint product of 10 separate recollections, all slightly at variance with each other.

Surely everyone knows that identical recollections are the suspicious ones, don't they?  And Jez couldn't remember when he did what, so a fat lot of good he would have been.  Rebello must have known that.

Offline Anthro

« Reply #222 on: May 07, 2021, 08:18:12 PM »
This sketch is not official. It is from a recent YouTube source. If (hopefully) alive, could Madeleine look like this at the age of 18? I would appreciate if Sadie will share her expertise.
https://youtube.com/watch?v=PmkCuD4g9P8&feature=share
« Last Edit: May 07, 2021, 08:31:39 PM by Anthro »

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #223 on: May 07, 2021, 10:14:14 PM »
This sketch is not official. It is from a recent YouTube source. If (hopefully) alive, could Madeleine look like this at the age of 18? I would appreciate if Sadie will share her expertise.
https://youtube.com/watch?v=PmkCuD4g9P8&feature=share

Could you give me the YT link again, please?
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline Anthro

« Reply #224 on: May 07, 2021, 10:23:50 PM »