Author Topic: So what exactly is Wolters sure about?  (Read 15170 times)

Offline Holly Goodhead

Re: So what exactly is Wolters sure about?
« Reply #75 on: April 10, 2021, 10:38:39 AM »
Sutton had never worked on Madeleine's case and had absolutely no idea how it was conducted.  I doubt very much if he had any real idea of how absurdly obdurate some of the Portuguese counter parts were capable of being.

Brueckner was a work in progress for Wolters which Madeleine became part of.  Confirmed photographic evidence was that Brueckner abused children.  Madeleine and Praia da Luz then became the focus of part of a wider reaching German investigation.

Therefore approaching Madeleine's case from a different angle and with fresh eyes was as a result of investigating available evidence involving the Praia da Luz rapist.
Madeleine's parents did not feature ... but Brueckner became prime suspect in Madeleine's disappearance as a result of evidence + investigation = suspicion.

Detective Chief Inspector Mark Cranwell, who leads Operation Grange, said:

“It’s more than 13 years since Madeleine went missing and none of us can imagine what it must be like for her family, not knowing what happened or where she is.

“Following the ten- year anniversary, the Met received information about a German man who was known to have been in and around Praia da Luz. We have been working with colleagues in Germany and Portugal and this man is a suspect in Madeleine’s disappearance.

“The Met conducted a number of enquiries and in November 2017 engaged with the BKA who agreed to work with the Met.

“Since then a huge amount of work has taken place by both the Met, the BKA and the Polícia Judiciária.

“While this male is a suspect we retain an open mind as to his involvement and this remains a missing person inquiry.
Just my opinion of course but Jeremy Bamber is innocent and a couple from UK, unknown to T9, abducted Madeleine McCann - motive unknown.  Was J J murdered as a result of identifying as a goth?

Offline kizzy

« Reply #76 on: April 10, 2021, 10:54:24 AM »
So you think I should, like you, place my faith in the police having got it right; so long as I don't put my faith in the first police to investigate the case, of course. I might be tempted if the police never got things wrong, but they do sometimes. Especially when they're instructed what to investigate before they even start.

Especially when they're instructed what to investigate before they even start.

Well said. G

This IMO is why this case will never be solved

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #77 on: April 10, 2021, 11:12:15 AM »
Detective Chief Inspector Mark Cranwell, who leads Operation Grange, said:

“It’s more than 13 years since Madeleine went missing and none of us can imagine what it must be like for her family, not knowing what happened or where she is.

“Following the ten- year anniversary, the Met received information about a German man who was known to have been in and around Praia da Luz. We have been working with colleagues in Germany and Portugal and this man is a suspect in Madeleine’s disappearance.

“The Met conducted a number of enquiries and in November 2017 engaged with the BKA who agreed to work with the Met.

“Since then a huge amount of work has taken place by both the Met, the BKA and the Polícia Judiciária.

“While this male is a suspect we retain an open mind as to his involvement and this remains a missing person inquiry.

Oh dear, wasn't he briefed by the High Ups to treat this as a stranger abduction then, as per Colin Sutton's revelation?
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #78 on: April 10, 2021, 12:13:26 PM »
It was obvious to anyone with a brain that Operation Grange were taking an unusual approach to this case by concentrating on just one possible scenario; stranger abduction. Once their remit was released it seemed that the crime had been identified before the investigation began. Sutton merely confirmed what many had already suspected.

Anyone with a braon.....LOL. Do you really beleive that those who dont agree with you are somehow intellectually inferior.

As I recall this was doscussed extensively and the remit was not drawn up until after the review of all the evidence and after the actual investigation had started. You are also making an assumption thta if evidence came  to light implicating the McCanns they would not be investigated.

Its the Germans who appear to be leading the investigation..they had no such remit but are convinced MM was mudered. before casting aspersions on others intellect perhaps you should look at your own
« Last Edit: April 10, 2021, 01:24:09 PM by Davel »

Offline kizzy

« Reply #79 on: April 10, 2021, 12:38:33 PM »
Anyone with a braon.....LOL. Do you really beleive that those who dont agree with you are somehow intellectually inferior.

As I recall this was doscussed extensively and the remit was not drawn up until after the review of all the evidence and after the actual investigation had started. You are also making an assumption thta if evidence came  to light implicating the McCanns they would not be investigated.

Its the Germans who appear to be leading the investigation..they had no such remit but are convinced MM was mudered. before casing aspersions on others intellect perhaps you should look at your own

they had no such remit but are convinced MM was mudered.

Lol.... the Germans have only come to the conclusion G.A. did it seems -  apart from G.A. saying it was an accident

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #80 on: April 10, 2021, 12:48:56 PM »
they had no such remit but are convinced MM was mudered.

Lol.... the Germans have only come to the conclusion G.A. did it seems -  apart from G.A. saying it was an accident

Do you really believe that?

Offline Brietta

« Reply #81 on: April 10, 2021, 01:07:18 PM »
It was obvious to anyone with a brain that Operation Grange were taking an unusual approach to this case by concentrating on just one possible scenario; stranger abduction. Once their remit was released it seemed that the crime had been identified before the investigation began. Sutton merely confirmed what many had already suspected.

Everything about Madeleine's case was unusual.  Primarily the fact that investigating her disappearance had been left to her parents and whatever monies they were able to raise to fund their investigation.

Followed by the Scotland Yard investigators having to regularly go cap in hand for the finance to keep their investigation active even to this latest phase involving what has been discovered regarding Brueckner.

The German investigation by contrast just continues without such financial encumbrance for as long as investigative opportunities exist.

Doesn't it make you proud to be British 😢
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #82 on: April 10, 2021, 01:18:37 PM »
Everything about Madeleine's case was unusual.  Primarily the fact that investigating her disappearance had been left to her parents and whatever monies they were able to raise to fund their investigation.

Followed by the Scotland Yard investigators having to regularly go cap in hand for the finance to keep their investigation active even to this latest phase involving what has been discovered regarding Brueckner.

The German investigation by contrast just continues without such financial encumbrance for as long as investigative opportunities exist.

Doesn't it make you proud to be British 😢

The McCanns chose to take matters into their own hands from day one, when they decided to spend the night phoning home and spreading their theory to friends and family. No-one left it to them at all.

I think the idea of Operation Grange going "cap in hand" to the Home Office for funding is not how it works;

When considering special grants applications, the Home Office does not take a view on whether an investigation should continue, which would be an operational matter for the police.
https://homeofficemedia.blog.gov.uk/2019/06/05/home-office-update-on-funding-for-operation-grange/
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline John

« Reply #83 on: April 10, 2021, 01:31:55 PM »

Doesn't it make you proud to be British

I don't know if that is strictly true Brie.  Former Everest double glazing owner and the owner of Sale Sharks rugby team Brian Kennedy paid for the private detectives Método3 based in Madrid and other costs. It is my understanding that the Madeleine Fund has not made any substantial contribution to the investigation, indeed, the McCanns are on record stating that the Fund will be used after police investigation ceases.

In my opinion, the only significant time money has been drawn from the Fund was to pay the McCanns own personal costs and to fund their failed campaign against Gonçalo Amaral. You can also add to that compensation due to Amaral in lieu of lost book sales following the failed libel case against him.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2021, 01:35:56 PM by John »
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #84 on: April 10, 2021, 02:25:37 PM »
I don't know if that is strictly true Brie.  Former Everest double glazing owner and the owner of Sale Sharks rugby team Brian Kennedy paid for the private detectives Método3 based in Madrid and other costs. It is my understanding that the Madeleine Fund has not made any substantial contribution to the investigation, indeed, the McCanns are on record stating that the Fund will be used after police investigation ceases.

In my opinion, the only significant time money has been drawn from the Fund was to pay the McCanns own personal costs and to fund their failed campaign against Gonçalo Amaral. You can also add to that compensation due to Amaral in lieu of lost book sales following the failed libel case against him.

Dont think thats at all true...The fund as I understand paid Halligan substantial amounts and Im not aware of any compensation being paid to Amaral.

Offline John

« Reply #85 on: April 10, 2021, 02:44:40 PM »
Dont think thats at all true...The fund as I understand paid Halligan substantial amounts and Im not aware of any compensation being paid to Amaral.

My mistake, forgot about Halligen.
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

Offline Brietta

« Reply #86 on: April 10, 2021, 02:57:01 PM »

From the Portuguese archiving of Madeleine's case in 2008 the only active investigation into her disappearance was being relentlessly driven by her parents.

Public generosity to Madeleine's Fund was always the least part of it.  The majority funding consisting of income from Kate's best seller "madeleine" for which purpose it was written and various libel settlements from the McCanns and their friends.

The fact remains that until the McCanns constant campaigning on behalf of Madeleine bore the fruit of her case being taken up officially by Scotland Yard in 2013 ... only her parents efforts had kept her case alive.

But such was the resistance to any meaningful investigation into this little girl's disappearance by a very active lobby that even the Scotland Yard investigation was subject to what I think were unique financial constraints.  Bearing in mind that Madeleine's was a viable and active case which was still returning evidence as late as 2017 and to the beginning of this year when Scotland Yard submitted a request for further funding.

In my opinion the answer to the question asked in the thread title is ~ "Wolters is sure that as long as investigative opportunities into criminal activities are present to be worked and followed, his investigation will be financed by the German State.
I do not think the investigation being conducted by Scotland Yard enjoys the same surety.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline Brietta

« Reply #87 on: April 10, 2021, 03:03:42 PM »
The McCanns chose to take matters into their own hands from day one, when they decided to spend the night phoning home and spreading their theory to friends and family. No-one left it to them at all.

I think the idea of Operation Grange going "cap in hand" to the Home Office for funding is not how it works;

When considering special grants applications, the Home Office does not take a view on whether an investigation should continue, which would be an operational matter for the police.
https://homeofficemedia.blog.gov.uk/2019/06/05/home-office-update-on-funding-for-operation-grange/

That post is pure sceptic shibboleth and how it relates to the thread topic is a a bit of a mystery to me.

Online Eleanor

« Reply #88 on: April 10, 2021, 03:13:41 PM »
My mistake, forgot about Halligen.

That is often the problem.

Offline Brietta

« Reply #89 on: May 04, 2021, 01:14:14 AM »
Prosecutor disputes claim McCann suspect to be charged with Irish woman’s rape
Christian Brückner is chief suspect in child’s disappearance and for assault of Hazel Behan

Conor Lally

A German prosecutor has said media reports which claimed the chief suspect for the disappearance of Madeleine McCann would soon face charges for the rape of an Irish woman in Portugal are “not correct”.

Christian Brückner is suspected of attacking Hazel Behan, then 20-years-old, in her apartment in Praia da Rocha on the Algarve in June, 2004. A stranger broke into her home and subjected her to a violent ordeal over several hours.

The scene of the attack, at Praia da Rocha, on the then hotel worker was a 30-minute drive from where Madeleine (3) was abducted, in Praia da Luz, while on a family holiday in May, 2007. Brückner lived in the area for 12 years, which covered the times of the British child’s disappearance and the attacks on Ms Behan and an elderly American woman, who was raped in Praia da Luz in September, 2005.

Reports in the media, initially in Britain on Sunday and in Ireland on Monday, quoted German prosecutor Hans Christian Wolters suggesting Brückner would likely be charged with the rape of Ms Behan and that this would happen within about three months.

However, when contacted by The Irish Times, Mr Wolters, the lead prosecutor in the case, said that “unfortunately” the reports this weekend were “not correct”. He took issue with both the certainty attributed to him that the suspect would be charged with the rape of Ms Behan and also the time frame attributed to him for those charges.

“I did not say that we would charge Christian B in the case of Hazel B in the next three months,” he said, using the versions of the suspect’s and victim’s names that has been used by prosecutors, who do not use full names.

“In fact, the investigation is ongoing and will probably continue for several months. Currently it is not foreseeable whether there will be an indictment.”

Brückner, a 43-year-old German, has been convicted of the rape of a 72-year-old American woman in Praia da Luz in 2005 and is now serving a seven-year term in Germany for that crime. As he serves his sentence, he is being investigated for other crimes, including the abduction of Madeleine McCann who police believe was murdered.

Brückner is also being investigated for the rape of Ms Behan, who has waived her anonymity and spoken a number of times in the media about the ordeal she was subjected to. She contacted the police last year when she heard about Brückner’s conviction for the attack on the 72-year-old American woman.

“My mind was blown when I read how he had attacked a woman in 2005, both the tactics and the methods he used, the tools he had with him, how well he had planned it out,” Ms Behan told The Guardian last year. “I puked, to be honest with you, as reading about it took me right back to my experience.”

Ms Behan, who lives in Ireland with her family, made a complaint to the Met Police last year as Scotland Yard’s inquiry into the child’s disappearance is working alongside the German investigation into all of Brückner’s alleged crimes.

The details Ms Behan supplied resulted in her case being reopened. Brückner was also named last year as the chief suspect in the Madeleine McCann case.

Ms Behan has been very critical of the Portuguese police’s investigation of the attack but information she has given to the police, including about birth marks on her attacker’s legs, appears to match Brückner.

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/crime-and-law/prosecutor-disputes-claim-mccann-suspect-to-be-charged-with-irish-woman-s-rape-1.4554429