Author Topic: The known facts and the speculations featuring Brueckner, the prime suspect  (Read 43941 times)

Offline sadie

Mrs Fenn's statement, dated 20th August;

"She claims however, that a week previously she was the victim of an attempted robbery,
which was not successful and neither was anything taken, thinking that the crying of the child could be linked to another attempted robbery in the residence."

A week previously would be between 6th and 13th August. The UK press, however, printing their stories before Mrs Fenn actually gave her statement, gave lots more detail than she did.

"In the weeks before Madeleine disappeared Mrs Fenn scared off an intruder who had apparently let himself into her apartment with a key."
https://themaddiecasefiles.com/the-deleted-daily-express-articles-in-chronologica-t247-s90.html#p3198

So did Mrs Fenn speak to the press?

"Last night Mrs Fenn refused to reveal details of her evidence."
https://themaddiecasefiles.com/the-deleted-daily-express-articles-in-chronologica-t247-s90.html#p3198

Someone 'revealed' the details which weren't in Mrs Fenn's police statement, but it wasn't her, it seems. She herself denied speaking to any journalists and said it was all rubbish.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KFHbkbBh5BM

Hmmphr ..., I always thought that Madeleine disappeared in May NOT August

~~~~~~~~~~

ETA:   I find that Eleanor noticed this error before me.  Well done Elli.

Offline sadie

Was Brueckner still around in August?

Seems you got it wrong about Mrs Fenns intruder being in August, Gunit, but that Mrs Fenns intruder was in April/May and not in August.

In April/early May Brueckner was around.

Why are yiu giving out this misinformation?

Offline Brietta

Seems you got it wrong about Mrs Fenns intruder being in August, Gunit, but that Mrs Fenns intruder was in April/May and not in August.

In April/early May Brueckner was around.

Why are yiu giving out this misinformation?

Well spotted Sadie - and is an illustration of how information can be inadvertently corrupted when taken out of context.

Mrs Fenn's statement says - When questioned she said that she never saw any strange person or action before or after the event. She claims however, that a week previously she was the victim of an attempted robbery, which was not successful and neither was anything taken, thinking that the crying of the child could be linked to another attempted robbery in the residence.

"before or after the event" is quite obviously in reference to Madeleine's disappearance on May 3

Obviously "thinking that the crying of the child could be linked ..." refers to the week prior to the 3rd and not to the date referred to by Gunit which is obviously wrong as you noticed.

The forum prides itself in accuracy and I am sure G will be grateful to you for pointing out such a glaring error which will enable her to amend her post accordingly.

« Last Edit: January 08, 2022, 01:52:53 AM by Brietta »
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline G-Unit

Well spotted Sadie - and is an illustration of how information can be inadvertently corrupted when taken out of context.

Mrs Fenn's statement says - When questioned she said that she never saw any strange person or action before or after the event. She claims however, that a week previously she was the victim of an attempted robbery, which was not successful and neither was anything taken, thinking that the crying of the child could be linked to another attempted robbery in the residence.

"before or after the event" is quite obviously in reference to Madeleine's disappearance on May 3

Obviously "thinking that the crying of the child could be linked ..." refers to the week prior to the 3rd and not to the date referred to by Gunit which is obviously wrong as you noticed.

The forum prides itself in accuracy and I am sure G will be grateful to you for pointing out such a glaring error which will enable her to amend her post accordingly.

I have looked at the original text, and it says;

He also asserts that a week before the facts he was the victim of an attempted theft

The original is clearer than the translation.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Venturi Swirl

He also asserts that a week before the facts he was the victim of an attempted theft

He who?
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Eleanor

He who?

It's they wretched translations again.  I think.

Offline Brietta

Are you disputing that you are in error regarding the timing of when Mrs Fenn allegedly heard the crying child.

From one point of view that is fine.

At the date you are claiming for the crying occurrence the McCann family were not living in the Ocean Club apartments, they were domicile in a rented villa.

You have got it wrong - again.
Showing how all to easy it is to misinterpret what was said in witness statements when no electronic record has been made and only an interpreter has been used.  One wonders if Ueve Van Loock is even a native English speaker.
NB - Mrs Fenn did not make a verbatim statement. Being of British nationality and in spite of living in Portugal, does not have knowledge of the Portuguese language in its oral and written form, therefore a police interpreter is present, UEVE VAN LOOCK. Thus, according to the facts noted in the files, she says ...
https://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/PAMELA_FENN.htm
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline Venturi Swirl

It's they wretched translations again.  I think.
Yes, well it doesn't do to point out translation errors on here does it?  Tsk.
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Venturi Swirl

Are you disputing that you are in error regarding the timing of when Mrs Fenn allegedly heard the crying child.

At the date you are claiming for the crying occurrence the McCann family were not living in the Ocean Club apartments, they were domicile in a rented villa.

Showing how all to easy it is to misinterpret what was said in witness statements when no electronic record has been made and only an interpreter has been used.  One wonders if Ueve Van Loock is even a native English speaker.
NB - Mrs Fenn did not make a verbatim statement. Being of British nationality and in spite of living in Portugal, does not have knowledge of the Portuguese language in its oral and written form, therefore a police interpreter is present, UEVE VAN LOOCK. Thus, according to the facts noted in the files, she says ...
Ueve Van Loock was the translator?  Of English into Portuguese and vice versa?  Blimey.  What was their mother tongue I wonder...

Offline Brietta

Does anyone remember the risible post which was supposed to be a surreptitiously filmed video recording of Mrs Fenn in the hairdressers?
Dating the occurrence in August is obviously a mistake made in error unlike the deliberate fabrication of that video - but it should be rectified nonetheless; there is enough misinformation swilling about on the internet without inadvertently adding to it.
Please sort it Gunit.

Offline G-Unit

No, looking at it again she does seem to be referring to the week prior to Madeleine's disappearance. I humbly apologise for my mistake. How careless of me!

Whoever tried to burglarise Mrs Fenn either went for the wrong apartment or had no way of identifying empty apartments, it seems.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Venturi Swirl

No, looking at it again she does seem to be referring to the week prior to Madeleine's disappearance. I humbly apologise for my mistake. How careless of me!

Whoever tried to burglarise Mrs Fenn either went for the wrong apartment or had no way of identifying empty apartments, it seems.
What do you mean by that exactly? 

Offline Brietta

Great - now that we've got that sorted and you amend your original post accordingly we can get back to the thread topic.
EVERYONE makes mistakes, so no worries and in this instance everyone else compounded the error by not noticing it with the honourable exception of Sadie.

(reading back I see that I've made an error too.  Eleanor also noticed and queried the original mistake in the time)
« Last Edit: January 08, 2022, 10:38:56 AM by Brietta »

Offline Eleanor

Personally, I don't see what this has got to do with anything, beyond the fact that Breuckner was in the area of Praia da Luz when Madeleine disappeared and Mrs. Fenn's flat was broken into.  Exactly where isn't all that important either.  It's all within a short distance.  And he could have woken Madeleine if he tried more than once, or even at all.

Offline Eleanor

What empty flat?  Mrs. Fenn's flat wasn't empty.  5a was empty the week before so no point in breaking into that one as there won't have been anything of value in there.  A week later there was.