Author Topic: Brueckner charged with sexual offences in cases unrelated to Madeleine  (Read 19684 times)

Offline Brietta

Re: Brueckner charged with sexual offences in cases unrelated to Madeleine
« Reply #30 on: October 12, 2022, 09:46:23 AM »
Hazel Behan's interview with Ryan Tubridy worth listening to again...

https://www.independent.ie/entertainment/radio/tubridy-floored-by-bravery-of-woman-sharing-her-harrowing-rape-ordeal-live-on-air-30921788.html

Hazel's advice "“Just be aware,” Hazel advised female listeners. “If you feel for one second that something is not right, go with your gut. I knew there was something strange going on with my room, but I could never have imagined it was that.” made me think of the passing unease the McCanns felt.

They didn't know about sexual predators entering holiday villas and targeting British children.  Just as Hazel could have had no conception a rapist would climb into her hotel room to assault her.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline Brietta

« Reply #31 on: October 12, 2022, 09:58:50 AM »
So Grange has resulted in charges for 5 serious offences..

And probably one more to come

My opinion is these charges are the tip of the iceberg.  Brueckner is one prolific sexual offender whose peripatetic lifestyle made it easy for him to offend and stay one step ahead of the police.  Particularly true in Portugal where witness accounts of serious crime reveal how little effort was put into investigating.

The classic case illustrating that negligence for me was the ruling that Australian Jacinta Reese had committed suicide by bashing her head in using several axe blows while receiving defence wounds in the process.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #32 on: October 12, 2022, 10:50:19 AM »
If these charges result in a prosecution all the criticism of the cost of. Grange will prove to be unfounded

Offline Brietta

« Reply #33 on: October 12, 2022, 11:24:13 AM »
If these charges result in a prosecution all the criticism of the cost of. Grange will prove to be unfounded

I don't think there was ever any justification in objecting to following evidence in what was an active case.  The time to stop investigation is only when there is no more intelligence or evidence to follow and the investigation has hit an impasse. 

That never happened in Madeleine's case. The evidence is there, always was there and is still being developed.

The eagerness to write this little girl off has always astounded me.  There can be no doubt that OG worked and worked well.

Offline Gertrude

« Reply #34 on: October 12, 2022, 03:53:25 PM »
At the risk of being labelled a 'troll' who doesn't believe rape victims, isn't counting all these charges as evidence of Bruckner's guilt rather jumping the gun a bit? Loads of countries have low conviction rates for rape and we don't know what all the evidence for or against Brueckner is.

Offline jassi

« Reply #35 on: October 12, 2022, 04:05:46 PM »
At the risk of being labelled a 'troll' who doesn't believe rape victims, isn't counting all these charges as evidence of Bruckner's guilt rather jumping the gun a bit? Loads of countries have low conviction rates for rape and we don't know what all the evidence for or against Brueckner is.

Agreed, but being found not guilt of a crime doesn't mean you didn't actually  do it.
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #36 on: October 12, 2022, 04:30:19 PM »
Has HCW issued his press statement yet?  Was supposed to have happened at 2pm today I thought?
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Gertrude

« Reply #37 on: October 12, 2022, 04:44:38 PM »
Agreed, but being found not guilt of a crime doesn't mean you didn't actually  do it.

I agree on that too but there's more than one possibility isn't there. He's either done the crime and they prove it and he gets sentenced, or he didn't do the crime and it's not proven, or he did the crime but it's still not proven for whatever reason. Rapes and assaults are hard to prove as it's usually just those two people present and maybe not much physical evidence.  There is also the possibility that he did some crimes but not all of them, then you get further away from that profile of a really prolific individual with a wide range of victims.

His lawyer seems to think the charges won't be admitted through to court. Of course, he could be completely biased.

'The suspect's defense attorney, Friedrich Fülscher, told the German Press Agency that the allegations had been known for a long time and that nothing had changed in the situation. "I think the evidence is weak in all cases," he said. The court must first decide whether to admit the indictment.'

https://www-focus-de.translate.goog/panorama/welt/fall-maddie-staatsanwaltschaft-erhebt-anklage-gegen-maddie-verdaechtigen_id_163385541.html?_x_tr_sl=de&_x_tr_tl=en&_x_tr_hl=en&_x_tr_pto=sc

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #38 on: October 12, 2022, 04:48:45 PM »
I agree on that too but there's more than one possibility isn't there. He's either done the crime and they prove it and he gets sentenced, or he didn't do the crime and it's not proven, or he did the crime but it's still not proven for whatever reason. Rapes and assaults are hard to prove as it's usually just those two people present and maybe not much physical evidence.  There is also the possibility that he did some crimes but not all of them, then you get further away from that profile of a really prolific individual with a wide range of victims.

His lawyer seems to think the charges won't be admitted through to court. Of course, he could be completely biased.

'The suspect's defense attorney, Friedrich Fülscher, told the German Press Agency that the allegations had been known for a long time and that nothing had changed in the situation. "I think the evidence is weak in all cases," he said. The court must first decide whether to admit the indictment.'

https://www-focus-de.translate.goog/panorama/welt/fall-maddie-staatsanwaltschaft-erhebt-anklage-gegen-maddie-verdaechtigen_id_163385541.html?_x_tr_sl=de&_x_tr_tl=en&_x_tr_hl=en&_x_tr_pto=sc
Lawyers are paid to be completely biased in favour of their clients so no surprises there.  And I think it’s already been proven beyond doubt (even without these latest charges) that CB is a serial offender with victims spanning from young child to old  woman.
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline jassi

« Reply #39 on: October 12, 2022, 05:00:04 PM »

I suppose it will all come down to the opinion of the examining judge as to whether the evidence is strong enough to warrant an actual trial.
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline Gertrude

« Reply #40 on: October 12, 2022, 05:54:48 PM »
Lawyers are paid to be completely biased in favour of their clients so no surprises there.  And I think it’s already been proven beyond doubt (even without these latest charges) that CB is a serial offender with victims spanning from young child to old  woman.

The crimes he is convicted of though ( exposure to children in 1994 and rape of the 70 year old) , don't seem that similar to the McCann case as he never took someone away from a location. He seems happy to stay in a location, house, beach etc and commit the crime, even at risk of being discovered. He could have escalated but again, why take the child when he had never done that before? If it's because he killed her, then maybe the dogs were right and then that leads to questions about the reported timeline. If he took her away and killed her, it just seems like a leap away from his previous crimes to me.

Offline Brietta

« Reply #41 on: October 12, 2022, 06:10:19 PM »
The crimes he is convicted of though ( exposure to children in 1994 and rape of the 70 year old) , don't seem that similar to the McCann case as he never took someone away from a location. He seems happy to stay in a location, house, beach etc and commit the crime, even at risk of being discovered. He could have escalated but again, why take the child when he had never done that before? If it's because he killed her, then maybe the dogs were right and then that leads to questions about the reported timeline. If he took her away and killed her, it just seems like a leap away from his previous crimes to me.

I am content to wait for the evidence to be presented regarding the current case load Brueckner faces.  While awaiting the charges with which we are told he will be indicted in relation to whatever he will be accused of doing to Madeleine.

We have had over fifteen years of sceptic speculation which has led exactly nowhere.  Time now to move over and allow the evidence of which we are told there is plenty, to do the talking.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #42 on: October 12, 2022, 06:18:12 PM »
There is no way he killed her in the apartment within the available time frame to make the dog alerts viable so I think it’s safe to discount that idea.  We don’t know for certain that he had never committed crimes against people he removed from a location only that he has not so far been charged with any crimes of abduction.  Let’s not forget the McCanns are frequently suspected of doing all sorts of heinous crimes they presumably never would have committed prior to PdL so IMO it’s a bogus argument to say any given crime committed must have a precedent.

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #43 on: October 12, 2022, 06:21:19 PM »

Whatever else happens Germany have exposed a serial paedophile and rapist.  Portugal could have done this but they couldn't be bothered.

Offline Rossb

« Reply #44 on: October 12, 2022, 06:26:03 PM »
I am curious, the papers report that the hazel behan case is included. Last we heard was them checking for a scar. I wonder if this has been done or not? If fulscher has made a statement maybe he would have included that.