Author Topic: Child abduction in Portugal and beyond - is it really so prevalent?  (Read 110346 times)

stephen25000

Re: Child abduction in Portugal and beyond - is it really so prevalent?
« Reply #105 on: March 06, 2014, 01:30:14 PM »
Yes, everyone is going to see it and then will have it in their mind when going on holiday to Algarve..it will break the myths of 'a safe heaven for children' and cause the price drops .. so some people who own 10 apartments will earn less.. but it is worth it because the offender might finally get caught...
]

So where exactly is the concise and verifiable evidence of abduction ?

Offline VIXTE

« Reply #106 on: March 06, 2014, 02:16:29 PM »

For now on, the official myth on this forum is that in the Algarve the police and the paedophiles might go happily hand in hand. Bravo !

No, IMO in past the police DID NOT BELIEVE there were peadophilles there.. they were in denial, just like few of you in here.

From what I am seeing now, by occasionally checking and following the PT news, now the PJ is VERY engaged on the subject and the things have changed!

Offline jassi

« Reply #107 on: March 06, 2014, 02:23:46 PM »
Perhaps at the time, they just didn't share the British obsession with paedoplilia.
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

AnneGuedes

« Reply #108 on: March 06, 2014, 02:32:44 PM »
Perhaps at the time, they just didn't share the British obsession with paedoplilia.
Or rather the British kept warm their obsession with paedophilia, waiting for a British child's abduction from bed... 
That would explain Mr McCann's claiming on the phone, unfortunately not to the police, that paedophiles had taken his daughter.

Redblossom

« Reply #109 on: March 06, 2014, 02:38:06 PM »
Or rather the British kept warm their obsession with paedophilia, waiting for a British child's abduction from bed... 
That would explain Mr McCann's claiming on the phone, unfortunately not to the police, that paedophiles had taken his daughter.

it is a fact that the british media have created fear over the whole population about something that will never happen to the vast vast majority of the population....its called control and fear mongering

Lyall

« Reply #110 on: March 06, 2014, 02:42:14 PM »
it is a fact that the british media have created fear over the whole population about something that will never happen to the vast vast majority of the population....its called control and fear mongering

Not just the media, charities too. Competing charities, so it's business rivalry now too.

Redblossom

« Reply #111 on: March 06, 2014, 02:45:06 PM »
Not just the media, charities too. Competing charities, so it's business rivalry now too.

Bloody hell you must have been reading my mind

I went into the bank today and there was badges to buy for childline  in schools for abuse!

They are  poisoning our kids minds too
« Last Edit: March 06, 2014, 02:46:42 PM by Redblossom »

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #112 on: March 06, 2014, 02:45:43 PM »
oh do shut up, no one has ever said no paedophile was ever in any near distance of PDL, but some of us are lucid and real and dont accept YOUR and the SUN's version  that PDL and surrounding  areas were AWASH with them...talk about drama queen lies and tactics

He is blatantly one of the family activists, the tired old 'paedo's what did it' propaganda is easily recognised.

I stand with Putin. Glory to Mother Putin.

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #113 on: March 06, 2014, 03:04:17 PM »
"Keep away from the funny eyed guy WS" -- Lori Campbell.

@)(++(*

That was by 'DJ Bob Hoskins Going Mental In A Dustbin'

I prefer 'Stay Away From Me' by American chart toppers 'Smash My Brothers Face In'
« Last Edit: March 06, 2014, 04:34:57 PM by Wonderfulspam »

Estuarine

« Reply #114 on: March 06, 2014, 03:10:57 PM »

IMO it was all started by the manufacturers of people carriers, four tracks and the proprietors of gymnasia.
Woman gets the kids up chucks them in the back of a Chelsea tractor drives 3/4 mile to school dumps them off then drives another 3/4 mile to a gym that costs £lots per year walks 1 1/2 miles on a tread mill then drives home. See!

Offline VIXTE

« Reply #115 on: March 06, 2014, 05:29:47 PM »

Does this between lines mean; Ok..yes.. they are there but down n PT they are as good as angels.. like an owner of a dog would tell..  @)(++(*

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #116 on: March 06, 2014, 05:37:03 PM »
Does this between lines mean; OK..yes.. they are there but down n PT they are as good as angels.. like an owner of a dog would tell..  @)(++(*

My interpretation was this...

'Paedophiles exist, therefore Maddie was abducted by one'

Is an incredibly weak argument for abduction.

Cariad

« Reply #117 on: March 06, 2014, 05:45:58 PM »
Which is roughly where we came in on page 2!  8(>((
You wouldn't want accurate figures getting in the way of a good bit of prestidigitation would you?
Anyway by definition anything emanating from Portugal is as bent as a nine bob note and can't be relied upon. I know that I read it on this site.
There are plenty of legs left in this Stephen. Jeez!

*sigh*

John, since you started the thread, could you possibly supply the info requested on page 2 so we know whether we're discussing something statistically significant?

I did have a look myself yesterday. I found the population size of England and Wales, the number of attempted and successful abductions (I should have looked for disappearances) and the population size of Portugal, but I couldn't find any statistics for crime. It's probably on the net, just not in English.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2014, 05:49:02 PM by Cariad »

Lyall

« Reply #118 on: March 06, 2014, 05:55:10 PM »
Does this between lines mean; Ok..yes.. they are there but down n PT they are as good as angels.. like an owner of a dog would tell..  @)(++(*

Sadly Vixte I think Red's point whooshed over your head.

Hype don't the believe. Rearrange 8(0(*

AnneGuedes

« Reply #119 on: March 06, 2014, 07:35:08 PM »
*sigh*

John, since you started the thread, could you possibly supply the info requested on page 2 so we know whether we're discussing something statistically significant?

I did have a look myself yesterday. I found the population size of England and Wales, the number of attempted and successful abductions (I should have looked for disappearances) and the population size of Portugal, but I couldn't find any statistics for crime. It's probably on the net, just not in English.
The missing person (all ages mixed up) are listed on the PJ site.
86 persons, most of them seniores. Among whom the minor (when missing)
Madeleine MCCann (2007)
A girl with 3 possible identities and who was 6 when she disappeared (2005)
A girl who was 2 when she disappeared (2004)
A boy who was 13 when he disappeared (1999)
A boy who was 16 when he disappeared (1998)
A boy who was 11 when he disappeared (1998)
A girl who was 6 when she disappeared (1994)
A boy who was 14 when he disappeared (1991)
A boy who was 16 when he disappeared (1990)

A Spanish boy (no age) (disappeared from Gran Canaria in 2007) and a German boy (no age) (disappeared in 2007 from ?) are listed (sightings)

https://www.policiajudiciaria.pt/PortalWeb/page/%7BAA001182-B622-459A-BF72-FD6EDD83C76F%7D/?portletLabel=T2608720801203616720906&actionSubmitted=navegacaoPessoasDesaparecidas&portletParameter=pessoasDesaparecidas&portletNav=1