Author Topic: Won't be long now - BREXIT Day > 31 January 2020  (Read 18740 times)

Offline Angelo222

Won't be long now - BREXIT Day > 31 January 2020
« on: December 20, 2019, 05:57:29 PM »
It was all so inevitable in the end.  Personally I cannot wait to escape from the EU, it's regulation and ever growing ego.
De troothe has the annoying habit of coming to the surface just when you least expect it!!

Je ne regrette rien!!

Offline Erngath

Re: Won't be long now - BREXIT Day > 31 January 2020
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2019, 07:54:45 PM »
It was all so inevitable in the end.  Personally I cannot wait to escape from the EU, it's regulation and ever growing ego.

Much as many here feel about Boris and his ever growing ego.
Deal with the failings of others as gently as with your own.

Offline Angelo222

« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2019, 07:56:15 PM »

Very true but he was the man to get it done. He will have to plan the next five years very carefully imo.

And Scotland won't be having a referendum anytime soon as both Salmond and Sturgeon signed up to the last one being a once in a generation event.
De troothe has the annoying habit of coming to the surface just when you least expect it!!

Je ne regrette rien!!

Offline Erngath

« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2019, 08:12:15 PM »
Very true but he was the man to get it done. He will have to plan the next five years very carefully imo.

And Scotland won't be having a referendum anytime soon as both Salmond and Sturgeon signed up to the last one being a once in a generation event.

I don't believe it will be anytime soon but it will happen within the next five years.
Nicola is playing a canny game.
The more Boris ignores the whole issue, the stronger the wish for a referendum will grow.
It isn't the same electorate who voted in the General  Election.
There is a swathe of sixteen year  and seventeen  year olds who will vote.
Nicola is correct in demanding a new referendum.
We were warned that leaving the UK would result in our leaving the EU.
That influenced many, one of my sons voted no because of this.......
Guess what?
We are out of the EU even though as a country we voted to remain.
My son has utterly changed his opinion and is now actively campaigning for another referendum and to vote yes to  independence.
I'm sure he is not the only one.

I do hope Boris continues his arrogant and ignorant attitude towards a new referendum.

« Last Edit: December 20, 2019, 08:33:09 PM by Erngath »

Offline Miss Taken Identity

« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2019, 09:18:48 PM »

well, she certainly found herself dumb struck when asked the 'difficult' questions.

The Pound- using the English pound to get into the EU (but but we have a Scottish pound she winced)(paper- with no Gold or financial authority to back it up). and a hard border with England would be on the cards as England would be out of the EU. NO fly zone, Passports  just what the Scottish people want, and voted for innit.

EU has slashed Uk fishing quotas by 50% next year  dontcha love that. oh this is from OUR waters. Sorry we gave them to the EU to protect the  EU fondness for fish and their  fishermen/women/non binary.
But remoaners think this is great.
'Never underestimate the power of stupid people'... George Carlin

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2019, 09:06:48 AM »

Boris Johnson promised to carry out the will of the majority of the people in the United Kingdom. That's why his party won a majority in the General Election. He's in charge, ego or no ego. All those egomaniacs who thought they could impose their views on the people are gone.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Erngath

« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2019, 09:30:33 AM »
Boris Johnson promised to carry out the will of the majority of the people in the United Kingdom. That's why his party won a majority in the General Election. He's in charge, ego or no ego. All those egomaniacs who thought they could impose their views on the people are gone.

I'm delighted "he is in charge " !
His arrogant and ignorant attitude towards Scotland is only succeeding in spreading  the desire for independence.
One Labour MP , four LD MP, six Conservative MP and 48 SNP MP, now represent the people of Scotland in Westminster.
Says it all !
« Last Edit: December 21, 2019, 09:44:23 AM by Erngath »

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2019, 10:57:55 AM »

I'm delighted "he is in charge " !
His arrogant and ignorant attitude towards Scotland is only succeeding in spreading  the desire for independence.
One Labour MP , four LD MP, six Conservative MP and 48 SNP MP, now represent the people of Scotland in Westminster.
Says it all !

I thought this thread was about the United Kingdom leaving the EU.
Result = happy posting.

Offline Erngath

« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2019, 01:18:08 PM »
I thought this thread was about the United Kingdom leaving the EU.

I believe it is.
However there can be consideration given to the repercussions of that exit and the effect it will have on the polarization of the politics within the UK.
Do you not agree?

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #9 on: December 21, 2019, 02:21:33 PM »
I believe it is.
However there can be consideration given to the repercussions of that exit and the effect it will have on the polarization of the politics within the UK.
Do you not agree?

Perhaps, but the concerns of 5 million people shouldn't dominate the discussion of a process affecting 67 million people in the UK and 500 million in the EU. The UK has made the decision to leave the EU and that's it in my opinion. That decision can't and won't change now.
Result = happy posting.

Offline Erngath

« Reply #10 on: December 21, 2019, 03:06:59 PM »
Perhaps, but the concerns of 5 million people shouldn't dominate the discussion of a process affecting 67 million people in the UK and 500 million in the EU. The UK has made the decision to leave the EU and that's it in my opinion. That decision can't and won't change now.

Indeed that is it.
No doubt about it.
Decision made!
I await with interest to read the details of what you believe will be the result of this decision.
I confess I have no idea of how wonderful or not the future will be as a result of this decision.
I am not optimistic!
And I will continue to speak my thoughts on this thread, even though you seem to object!

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #11 on: December 21, 2019, 08:05:49 PM »
How has EU regulation stifled your ability to succeed and enjoy life?
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #12 on: December 21, 2019, 09:20:35 PM »
Indeed that is it.
No doubt about it.
Decision made!
I await with interest to read the details of what you believe will be the result of this decision.
I confess I have no idea of how wonderful or not the future will be as a result of this decision.
I am not optimistic!
And I will continue to speak my thoughts on this thread, even though you seem to object!

I've got no idea what the result of the decision will be. I just know it's the decision the majority voted for, so the losers had better get over it. Perhaps the losers in the referendum about Scottish Independance should accept that they lost too.
Result = happy posting.

Offline Erngath

« Reply #13 on: December 21, 2019, 11:34:36 PM »
I've got no idea what the result of the decision will be. I just know it's the decision the majority voted for, so the losers had better get over it. Perhaps the losers in the referendum about Scottish Independance should accept that they lost too.

I don't believe they have. @)(++(*
The "losers"have obviously voiced their opinion, hence the result in the General Election.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2019, 11:40:58 PM by Erngath »

Offline Erngath

« Reply #14 on: December 21, 2019, 11:35:41 PM »
How has EU regulation stifled your ability to succeed and enjoy life?

I would welcome an answer to that question.