Author Topic: Won't be long now - BREXIT Day > 31 January 2020  (Read 19043 times)

Offline Brietta

Re: Won't be long now - BREXIT Day > 31 January 2020
« Reply #60 on: December 23, 2019, 08:26:39 PM »

Those who believe Scotland voted for SNP to get  independance are in the guessing game. They do not know why people voted the way they did. to presume they do is arrogant and pathetic.

They believe they are the better authority, place no relevent argument,because the cannot see the wood for the trees!

Who would vote to be removed from the UK as they want to be independent ONLY to sign up to an unelected bunch of foreigners, who couldn't give two flying hoots about you. And will not let ypu haver the independence you so crave. I mean is there a new meaning to independence?

"You are so out of touch.
You equate the desire for independence and the dissatisfaction with Westminster politics to hatred of English people.
How pathetic!"

Can you give a cite about me being out of touch or is that just your arrogant opinion?

Is it ok for you to pontificate your interpretation of the people of Scotlands voting reasons in elections, but not Ok for me to explain mine?

How intolerant of you, and pathetic!

You just need to be present at anti English rants to see this for yourself!

What an intemperately worded post which is also a rule breaker in its personal attack on the poster and not the post please desist.  Please tone your posting style down, there is absolutely no need for unpleasantness.

I think the reality of the situation now faced by everyone who lives and works in Scotland and England too, is something which will become more apparent as the year now beginning lumbers toward Big Ben in the Elizabeth tower sounding farewell to our membership of the European Union.

The only difference is that in Scotland something can be done about it if the will is there and many people who would never have dreamt of such are thinking that if there is an enforced venture into the world of the Darian Scheme it will not have the same conclusion as before.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline Erngath

« Reply #61 on: December 23, 2019, 08:29:51 PM »

My vote made a difference in that Labour didn't get in! it was added to other people who voted that same way.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with wanting to keep some  Scottish integrity and culture. just because you and are your grandchildren think I shouldn't have a voite or express an opinion doesn't make you right!

You do come across as being arrogant and intolerant of other peoples views so who do you think you are kidding?
NOT ME!

I think you will find your grandchildren are too young to know what  life was like before Political correctness took hold. Poorer  them for that.

"I don't.click on YouTube links.
Please explain the issues."

No. You wouldn't like it. It is a short film about people who say exactly why they voted brexit., and Trump.
You would be deeply offended by pathetic people saying disgusting things about... well their lives, and how they have been affected.

You show absolutely zero interest in considering another's.point of view.
You hark on about pandas and imagined hatred.of the English .
Why you are havering about Scottish integrity and culture and myself and my grandchildren and your right to vote or express an opinion...is most peculiar.
I do find your posts become more irrational as.the evening progresses.
So I wish you a fond farewell for this evening.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2019, 08:33:01 PM by Erngath »
Deal with the failings of others as gently as with your own.

Offline Miss Taken Identity

« Reply #62 on: December 23, 2019, 08:37:33 PM »
You show absolutely zero interest in considering another's.point of view.
You hark on about pandas and imagined hatred.of the English .
Why you are havering about Scottish integrity and culture and myself and my grandchildren and your right to vote or express an opinion...is most peculiar.
I do find your posts become more irrational as.the evening progresses.
So I wish you a fond farewell for this evening.

I was just pointing out the greatness of the SNP and wondering why you mention your grandshildren as if they are our savours from hell. hahahaha!

Please make it longer than this evening. Thank you for your feedback.
'Never underestimate the power of stupid people'... George Carlin

Offline misty

« Reply #63 on: December 23, 2019, 08:43:08 PM »

In what areas of life do English people feel they have no control of their future?
Surely when you vote, be it in a referendum or a General election the majority  of voters gain what they voted for?

We cannot have control of our future inside the EU when our MEP's only have a 10% share of the votes in Brussels & appear to be unrepresentative of & unanswerable  to the electorate. Westminster is not the real problem & the people of Scotland would do well to remember that if they truly believe in Nationalism.

« Reply #64 on: December 23, 2019, 08:52:25 PM »
What an intemperately worded post which is also a rule breaker in its personal attack on the poster and not the post please desist.  Please tone your posting style down, there is absolutely no need for unpleasantness.

I think the reality of the situation now faced by everyone who lives and works in Scotland and England too, is something which will become more apparent as the year now beginning lumbers toward Big Ben in the Elizabeth tower sounding farewell to our membership of the European Union.

The only difference is that in Scotland something can be done about it if the will is there and many people who would never have dreamt of such are thinking that if there is an enforced venture into the world of the Darian Scheme it will not have the same conclusion as before.

Perhaps you would do well to chastise supporters and their  comments? No?

You are so out of touch.

How pathetic!"

Does this seem like a friendly forum rule unbroke to you?

I do wish you would refrain from telling posters what they can and can't say to supporters incase they take offence. THAT aint your job.

Erngarth is upset by my opinions...  so give me points I know you are dying to.

« Reply #65 on: December 23, 2019, 08:55:50 PM »
We cannot have control of our future inside the EU when our MEP's only have a 10% share of the votes in Brussels & appear to be unrepresentative of & unanswerable  to the electorate. Westminster is not the real problem & the people of Scotland would do well to remember that if they truly believe in Nationalism.

Therein lies the problem Misty. The'nationalist' people of Scotland have a romantic idea about being independent! The real truth about it is well hidden!

Offline Erngath

« Reply #66 on: December 23, 2019, 09:01:45 PM »

Sincerely at the moment many here do feel that Westminster does not represent the aspirations of the Scottish electorate.
Both Labour and Conservative parties are moving further to the extremes of their ideology.
And the House of Lords is an unrepresentative and unelected body which many people here do not wish.
I read today that their consumption of champagne has increased by 45 percent over the last year.
They are as remote to me as you possibly feel about the EU.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #67 on: December 23, 2019, 09:11:56 PM »
Sincerely at the moment many here do feel that Westminster does not represent the aspirations of the Scottish electorate.
Both Labour and Conservative parties are moving further to the extremes of their ideology.
And the House of Lords is an unrepresentative and unelected body which many people here do not wish.
I read today that their consumption of champagne has increased by 45 percent over the last year.
They are as remote to me as you possibly feel about the EU.

Probably that's why Yorkshire wants independence too. It's quite clear to others that the UK Parliament is out of touch with the electorate, that's not just a Scottish thing. Boris Johnson spotted people's antipathy and has a majority because he acted on it. He may not have satisfied the little Scotlanders, but who could? They are clinging to a dream, imo.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #68 on: December 23, 2019, 09:19:53 PM »
Probably that's why Yorkshire wants independence too. It's quite clear to others that the UK Parliament is out of touch with the electorate, that's not just a Scottish thing. Boris Johnson spotted people's antipathy and has a majority because he acted on it. He may not have satisfied the little Scotlanders, but who could? They are clinging to a dream, imo.
Little Englanders managed to get their dream turned into reality, what makes you think the Scottish will fail to do likewise?
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

« Reply #69 on: December 23, 2019, 09:20:47 PM »

Which could end up as a living nightmare!  The financial monetery policy for leaving the UK has not been discussed with the experts, and explained in laymens terms what it means to ordinary Scots. When that discussion does come around then well   we will see.

Offline Erngath

« Reply #70 on: December 23, 2019, 09:33:23 PM »

But we are a nation, a separate country unlike Yorkshire .
Not too sure the  " little Scotlanders"  reference was necessary.
A Scottish government elected by the Scottish electorate might prove more satisfactory than  a Prime Minister certainly not wanted or elected by them.
I really don't believe that looking at the results of the General Election that there is any clinging to a dream,rather increasing hope that the dream comes true.

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #71 on: December 23, 2019, 09:43:04 PM »

So just how exactly might Scotland benefit from independence?

Maybe they could give out whisky & heroin free on prescription.

I notice they still want use of the pound post independence, having their cake & eating it,  I think they should sod off & make up their own currency.
I stand with Putin. Glory to Mother Putin.

Offline Erngath

« Reply #72 on: December 23, 2019, 09:43:25 PM »
At the moment we know for certain that we are leaving the EU.
If anyone knows for certain the trading agreements we will have, the financial implications of our leaving, the effect on businesses, the effect on  Global  companies choosing to abandon their headquarters here in the UK, the effect on importing and exporting goods etc, I would be very grateful for some definitive answers.

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #73 on: December 23, 2019, 10:36:09 PM »
I really don't know what the implications of leaving the EU will be, nor do I particularly care in all honesty.

I voted to leave for two important reasons.

1) Because the mainstream media & the politically correct tried their best to convince me not to.

&

2) Because I am a massive racist.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2019, 10:43:57 PM by Wonderfulspam »
I stand with Putin. Glory to Mother Putin.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #74 on: December 23, 2019, 10:39:31 PM »
I really don't know what the implications of leaving the EU will be, nor do I particularly care in all honesty.

I voted to leave for two important reasons.

1) Because the mainstream media & the politically correct tried their best to convince me not too.

&

2) Because I am a massive racist.
Thanks for providing conclusive proof of the ignorance of the average Leave voter.
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly