Author Topic: Street protests continue in London despite COVID rules.  (Read 9053 times)

Offline Venturi Swirl

Re: Street protests continue in London despite COVID rules.
« Reply #105 on: March 16, 2021, 08:37:05 PM »
While I fully appreciate the role of a Devil's Advocate you have to be careful it doesn't drift into simply being a WUM.
It’s several years too late for that advice I’m afraid.
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Venturi Swirl

"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #107 on: March 16, 2021, 08:37:54 PM »
Here's another problem I have with the "Believe All Women" concept.

Woman (a) accuses Woman (b) of assault.

Woman (b) denies it.

Which one do we believe?
I stand with Putin. Glory to Mother Putin.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #108 on: March 16, 2021, 08:40:04 PM »
Well I'm afraid I made a commitment many years ago to never join with the general consensus on almost any given subject whilst in discussion on internet forums.

It's not an easy job & often forces me into terribly immoral positions, but, somebody's got to do it & it will all have been for nothing if I just quit now.
Are you a woke liberal on far right forums? 

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #109 on: March 16, 2021, 08:59:57 PM »
Here's another problem I have with the "Believe All Women" concept.

Woman (a) accuses Woman (b) of assault.

Woman (b) denies it.

Which one do we believe?
https://www.nytimes.com/2020/05/18/opinion/tara-reade-believe-all-women.html

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #110 on: March 16, 2021, 09:24:35 PM »

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #111 on: March 16, 2021, 09:27:38 PM »
That's an opinion piece written by a woman so I both disbelieve & disagree it.
What a surprise. 

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #112 on: March 17, 2021, 08:40:35 AM »

The new cover girl for Amnesty....

https://www.facebook.com/AmnestyUK

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #113 on: March 17, 2021, 09:24:13 AM »

Having seen the footage now of the moment this girl was dragged off by police I'd like someone to explain how exactly it was staged (as is being widely claimed) unless the police who dragged her off were actors too and the photographer knew exactly where the woman would be hustled to the ground?  Spam, you'll be able to explain I'm sure.

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #114 on: March 17, 2021, 10:35:18 AM »
Having seen the footage now of the moment this girl was dragged off by police I'd like someone to explain how exactly it was staged (as is being widely claimed) unless the police who dragged her off were actors too and the photographer knew exactly where the woman would be hustled to the ground?  Spam, you'll be able to explain I'm sure.

I believe the criminal actress attended the illegal gathering with deliberate intent to defy police orders until arrested & she intentionally positioned herself to most likely be in camera shot because that's what acting involves.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #115 on: March 17, 2021, 10:38:36 AM »
I believe the criminal actress attended the illegal gathering with deliberate intent to defy police orders until arrested & she intentionally positioned herself to likely be in camera shot because that's what acting involves.
LOL.  Have you watched the footage of her arrest?  Are you saying that all the women with her were also actresses, being as they were all "intentionally positioned to be in camera shot"?  It's not possible that she actually was sincere in her attentions to pay her respects at this vigil is it?  Do you think everyone who attended was simply there in the hope of being front page news the next day?

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #116 on: March 17, 2021, 10:43:10 AM »
LOL.  Have you watched the footage of her arrest?  Are you saying that all the women with her were also actresses, being as they were all "intentionally positioned to be in camera shot"?  It's not possible that she actually was sincere in her attentions to pay her respects at this vigil is it?  Do you think everyone who attended was simply there in the hope of being front page news the next day?

Yes I did & I just think it's a shame they didn't treat her like George Floyd.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #117 on: March 17, 2021, 10:45:13 AM »
Yes I did & I just think it's a shame they didn't treat her like George Floyd.
Oh?  You think the police should have killed her?  That's proportionate I'm sure and would have done their public image no end of good, coming as it would hot on the heels of the death of a woman at the hands of one of their own.  Do you actually ever give a second's thought to the utter crap you write before you press post?

Offline Geordie

« Reply #118 on: March 17, 2021, 10:48:20 AM »

Good for her. I'm a bit old now but I grew up in the era of "Women know your place" and find it refreshing to see women so prepared to make their voice heard.

I could on about the Perceived Locus of Control and in a male dominated society that tends to be internal for men as opposed to external for women and the terrible psychological effect that has had on women for thousands of years but....

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #119 on: March 17, 2021, 10:51:03 AM »
Oh?  You think the police should have killed her?  That's proportionate I'm sure and would have done their public image no end of good, coming as it would hot on the heels of the death of a woman at the hands of one of their own.  Do you actually ever give a second's thought to the utter crap you write before you press post?

We don't yet know if the police actually killed George Floyd or whether his heart attack was caused by his Fentanyl & meth overdose & excited delirium & was merely complicated by his restraint.

So no I'm not saying the police should have killed her, but I would still like to have seen a knee on her neck for 8 minutes in the interests of equality.