Author Topic: Suggestion for moderation  (Read 16132 times)

Offline Angelo222

Re: Suggestion for moderation
« Reply #30 on: March 02, 2021, 09:42:04 AM »
Are there any Sceptics with this number of Warnings?  All as white as the driven snow are they?

I never have understood this penchant for awarding Warning Points when a Deletion is often quite enough.

In case you hadn't realised, warnings are a precursor to a moderation ban.
De troothe has the annoying habit of coming to the surface just when you least expect it!!

Je ne regrette rien!!

Offline Angelo222

« Reply #31 on: March 02, 2021, 09:46:50 AM »
Hey folks, join me in a celebration of my big 5-0!  Yep, 50 warnings since joining, here's to the next 50.

You're on 63 at the moment. You do realise that there are consequences at this level?
De troothe has the annoying habit of coming to the surface just when you least expect it!!

Je ne regrette rien!!

Offline Angelo222

« Reply #32 on: March 02, 2021, 09:48:57 AM »
The problem is - inconsistency as witnessed by the recent debacle over the slurring (aka libelling) of a perfectly innocent man, with accusations that he was a hustler, a liar who made money out of selling lies to the tabloids.  You refused to condemn this, repeatedly.  Points were eventually awarded to the culprit, which were then removed on appeal - why?  If you can't explain this then you can't expect anyone to take the rules or the punishments seriously.  No doubt this home truth will win me another warning or even a ban, it's worth it to highlight the issue though IMO.

Doing his civic duty was he?

Je ne regrette rien!!

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #33 on: March 02, 2021, 10:00:06 AM »
You're on 63 at the moment. You do realise that there are consequences at this level?
63??  More than I had realised.  Time for a permanent ban surely? 
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #34 on: March 02, 2021, 10:01:18 AM »
Doing his civic duty was he?
Who knows what he was doing, but unless you have actual evidence that he is a hustler, who was paid money to lie to the tabloids, saying so is without evidence to back up your claims is libellous.  Which part of that do you not actually understand?
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #35 on: March 02, 2021, 10:01:48 AM »
In case you hadn't realised, warnings are a precursor to a moderation ban.

I realise a lot more than you think I do and I don't like what I am seeing.  There are vendettas going on, although I feel powerless to do anything about it.  Which is why I largely do nothing.

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #36 on: March 02, 2021, 10:03:51 AM »

What consequences?  This is an Internet Forum and not a Court of Law.  Ban people if you think it will help.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #37 on: March 02, 2021, 10:06:13 AM »
What consequences?  This is an Internet Forum and not a Court of Law.  Ban people if you think it will help.
Could you perhaps publish a league table of the worst transgressors?  I'd like to know my league position.  I'm hoping it's top 5.

Offline Angelo222

« Reply #38 on: March 02, 2021, 10:07:15 AM »
Who knows what he was doing, but unless you have actual evidence that he is a hustler, who was paid money to lie to the tabloids, saying so is without evidence to back up your claims is libellous.  Which part of that do you not actually understand?

So he sold his lies out of the goodness of his heart?

Je ne regrette rien!!

Offline Angelo222

« Reply #39 on: March 02, 2021, 10:08:10 AM »
Could you perhaps publish a league table of the worst transgressors?  I'd like to know my league position.  I'm hoping it's top 5.

You really don't know when to stop...do you?

Je ne regrette rien!!

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #40 on: March 02, 2021, 10:12:40 AM »

Is this a Thread to air concerns or should this be subject to Warning Points as well?

Offline Angelo222

« Reply #41 on: March 02, 2021, 10:15:07 AM »

The lead offender is currently on 129 warnings so I'm afraid you have some way to go.

Je ne regrette rien!!

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #42 on: March 02, 2021, 10:16:48 AM »
So he sold his lies out of the goodness of his heart?
What lies are you talking about? You do realise you are perpetuating the libel don't you? 

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #43 on: March 02, 2021, 10:17:22 AM »
The lead offender is currently on 129 warnings so I'm afraid you have some way to go.
Why hasn't he or she been banned then? 

Offline Angelo222

« Reply #44 on: March 02, 2021, 10:19:27 AM »
Why hasn't he or she been banned then?

It's coming.

Je ne regrette rien!!