Author Topic: New German suspect in Madeleine McCann mystery disappearance.  (Read 1214876 times)

Offline Venturi Swirl

Re: New German suspect in Madeleine McCann mystery disappearance.
« Reply #14160 on: October 11, 2021, 10:04:11 AM »
Surely you understand that a prosecutor can't publicly announce that someone is guilty, no matter what he believes?
What did he actually say?  If it's true that a prosecutor can't say whatever HCW said, then perhaps you can explain why he hasn't been sacked from his job?  Or at least silenced by his superiors?
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #14161 on: October 11, 2021, 12:59:50 PM »
I think you are way off the mark.
Every prosecutor thinks the accused is guilty... Otherwise he shouldn't be prosecuting.
The only way this could prejudice a trial would be if Wolters is making false claims.  In that respect your post actually supports Wolters having the evidence.  If he doesn't then it's possible the prosecution would be thrown out

Two things. Firstly whether Bruckner is guilty 100% or otherwise is for the jury to decide not the prosecutor. Wolter preempting that verdict is highly prejudicial. If you think it’s not perhaps you could post some examples of it happening before?

Secondly if Wolter had the evidence to underpin his claim that it was 100% certain that Bruckner had killed Madeleine he’d be charged by now. That’s just simple common sense. Flip it around and imagine the Portuguese prosecutor had said that the parents were 100% guilty of killing their daughter without even interviewing those parents. He claims that he has enough evidence to prove his theory but refuses to charge them. What would you think? Would you believe him and more importantly would you think that the resulting trial would be fair?

Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #14162 on: October 11, 2021, 01:39:46 PM »
Two things. Firstly whether Bruckner is guilty 100% or otherwise is for the jury to decide not the prosecutor. Wolter preempting that verdict is highly prejudicial. If you think it’s not perhaps you could post some examples of it happening before?

Secondly if Wolter had the evidence to underpin his claim that it was 100% certain that Bruckner had killed Madeleine he’d be charged by now. That’s just simple common sense. Flip it around and imagine the Portuguese prosecutor had said that the parents were 100% guilty of killing their daughter without even interviewing those parents. He claims that he has enough evidence to prove his theory but refuses to charge them. What would you think? Would you believe him and more importantly would you think that the resulting trial would be fair?

You are making quite a few assumptions. i think your common sense is too simple. I have a case where I know 100% someone stole from me....but the CPS say not enough evidence....the police felt there was

If the portuguese said they had 100% evidence of the McCans guilt I would be very interested and would not didmiss it until i had seen it. There are very good reasons why CB has not ben charged and weve been through them all before.

Wolters says he has concrete evidence taht CB murdered MM......we wont know if thats true until he reveals it...my feeling is he wouldnt say it if he hadnt got it

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #14163 on: October 11, 2021, 01:56:28 PM »

you don’t seem to understand that it’s possible to be 100% certain of something without necessarily having conclusive proof that will stand up in court.  You for example are 100% certain the McCanns covered up their daughter’s disappearance but you can’t prove it. Of course, you’re not very good at applying logic to the evidence, let’s just hope HCW is a bit more savvy than you appear to be.
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #14164 on: October 11, 2021, 02:07:19 PM »

Police made it clear they believed Levi Bellfied was responsible for Milly Dowler’s death prior to charges being brought
https://www.theguardian.com/uk/2008/feb/25/ukcrime2
Police made it clear they believe John Canaan is responsible for Suzy Lamplugh’s abduction and murder, so much so that Canaan complained publicly about the police’s “smear campaign “.  So don’t pretend HCW is unique in naming a prime suspect or publicly accusing them prior to trial please.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2021, 02:50:02 PM by Vertigo Swirl »

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #14165 on: October 11, 2021, 03:26:37 PM »
Surely you understand that a prosecutor can't publicly announce that someone is guilty, no matter what he believes?
Do you know exactly what Wolters, has said.

He's said they have concrete evidence CB murdered Maddie.. It seems he has...

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #14166 on: October 11, 2021, 03:28:25 PM »

We do have Amaral claiming it's confirmed Maddie died in the apartment and the patents covered up her death..

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #14167 on: October 11, 2021, 03:47:51 PM »
You are making quite a few assumptions. i think your common sense is too simple. I have a case where I know 100% someone stole from me....but the CPS say not enough evidence....the police felt there was

If the portuguese said they had 100% evidence of the McCans guilt I would be very interested and would not didmiss it until i had seen it. There are very good reasons why CB has not ben charged and weve been through them all before.

Wolters says he has concrete evidence taht CB murdered MM......we wont know if thats true until he reveals it...my feeling is he wouldnt say it if he hadnt got it

Oh I sure that there’s many, many crimes where the police believe they have the right man but the evidence is not there. In those cases however the prosecutor does not tell the world’s press that they are guilty. Surely even you can see the difference?
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #14168 on: October 11, 2021, 03:50:36 PM »
We do have Amaral claiming it's confirmed Maddie died in the apartment and the patents covered up her death..

Firstly Amaral is not, was not and never has been a prosecutor.

Secondly Amaral was a civilian when he made those claims.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #14169 on: October 11, 2021, 05:04:17 PM »
Oh I sure that there’s many, many crimes where the police believe they have the right man but the evidence is not there. In those cases however the prosecutor does not tell the world’s press that they are guilty. Surely even you can see the difference?

What I can see is a prosecutor explaing his investigation.  I recall sceptics complaining that SY should give out more info. 
In the Bellfield Case the police said they had strong circumstantial evidence linking Bellfield to the murder.. I don't remember anyone complaining.
Do you have a direct quote from Wolters ..in context... Or are you relying on what the press have reported.

Imo... If what Wolters is saying is true.. Ie.. Concrete evidence... He has every right to say it

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #14170 on: October 11, 2021, 05:19:22 PM »
Can we have a cite for Wolters making a statement of fact about Brückner’s guilt please.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #14171 on: October 11, 2021, 05:22:55 PM »
If sceptics are right and HCW has destroyed any prospect of Brueckner getting a fair trial then they must be delighted and thanking HCW from the bottom of their hearts because they will then be free to carry on pointing the finger at the McCanns until the day they drop dead from all their efforts.

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #14172 on: October 11, 2021, 05:28:33 PM »
What I can see is a prosecutor explaing his investigation.  I recall sceptics complaining that SY should give out more info. 
In the Bellfield Case the police said they had strong circumstantial evidence linking Bellfield to the murder.. I don't remember anyone complaining.
Do you have a direct quote from Wolters ..in context... Or are you relying on what the press have reported.

Imo... If what Wolters is saying is true.. Ie.. Concrete evidence... He has every right to say it

Your Bellfield claim is simply untrue.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #14173 on: October 11, 2021, 05:30:01 PM »

Your Bellfield claim is simply untrue.
What’s untrue about it? 

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #14174 on: October 11, 2021, 05:34:28 PM »
Bellfield was found guilty of the murders of Miss McDonnell and Miss Delagrange, as well as the attempted murder of Miss Sheedy, in February 2008.

Immediately after the trial, he was named by Surrey Police as the prime suspect in the murder of Milly, and was convicted of killing her in July 2011.

Mr Sutton believes Bellfield committed "dozens" more crimes that he will never be prosecuted for.

"I've absolutely no doubt that the offences for which we know Bellfield is responsible are just the tip of the iceberg," he says.